U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM

4,133 posts, read 13,325,431 times

Advertisements

Had same day surgery yesterday (all went well, thankfully) and am going to relax and take it easy today - but scrolling further on, am kind of tempted by Chinese or chocolate - Chinese or chocolate - Chinese or chocolate - argh!!! (gotta force myself to finish this chicken broth first )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
What's everyone doing today? I'm going to browse around a greenhouse and then have Chinese food for lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,994,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Had same day surgery yesterday (all went well, thankfully)
Glad all went well.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks, I was on edge for a while over it (not knowing) but things are looking up (whew), I just have to get rid of this sore throat from the tube (which should go away soon). Old age isn't for sissies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Glad all went well.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I was on edge for a while over it (not knowing) but things are looking up (whew), I just have to get rid of this sore throat from the tube (which should go away soon). Old age isn't for sissies!
Tell me about it! I found that ice cream was best at relieving the discomfort from the breathing tube. But then again, I'll find any excuse to eat ice cream.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM

We have a really nice ice cream store in the next town, it's a small place that's been there forever and is always crowded but the kids (mostly) who run it are very fast and efficient, just glad we didn't discover it years ago, even the lite ice cream is pretty darn good (esp. w/ chocolate sprinkles, LOL!) Am just glad it's not too convenient, that I'm tempted by it all the time!

Best of luck to you w/ your upcoming radiation, Charley, it won't be long before it's a thing of the past, just sorry you had to go thru everything, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Just keep your eyes on the prize...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Tell me about it! I found that ice cream was best at relieving the discomfort from the breathing tube. But then again, I'll find any excuse to eat ice cream.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Best of luck to you w/ your upcoming radiation, Charley, it won't be long before it's a thing of the past, just sorry you had to go thru everything, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Just keep your eyes on the prize...
Thanks. It has been quite a ride. (Surgery, two different forms of chemo, radiation ...) but you're right. It will soon be a thing of the past and I am SOOOOOO looking forward to breaking out and getting myself back into some kind of condition again ... and getting my hair back would be nice too.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 PM

379 posts, read 881,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hi Carole,

There is a good chinese take out on South State street in the shopping center with Happy gas. Can you believe they named their gas station happy gas. LOL!!
Anyways.......there is a happy harrys, liquor store, laundry mat and chinese take out. Some Italian restauarnt too....forget the name.
Yes, I know, that's where I get my Chinese take-out, and gas, Dollar Store, etc. Oh, and can't forget the beer and wine.......LOL.....Also, Wal-Greens has a blood pressure machine in the back of the store.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:14 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,570,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Yes, I know, that's where I get my Chinese take-out, and gas, Dollar Store, etc. Oh, and can't forget the beer and wine.......LOL.....Also, Wal-Greens has a blood pressure machine in the back of the store.
One stop takes care of ALL our needs. LOL!!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM

144 posts, read 325,986 times
Quote:
Had same day surgery yesterday (all went well, thankfully) and am going to relax and take it easy today - but scrolling further on, am kind of tempted by Chinese or chocolate - Chinese or chocolate - Chinese or chocolate - argh!!! (gotta force myself to finish this chicken broth first )
Hi Honeycrisp, hope your doing well today!!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:41 PM

144 posts, read 325,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Well then help yourself to cyber chocolate...........it's calorie free.

lol, Elizamary, I don't do so well in the virtual world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or