U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 04:24 PM

144 posts, read 325,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
CaroleM's community does sound nice, lots of tempting choices in DE. And for what it's worth, I like the idea of a Chinese buffet, we had one in our town here but they went out of business a few months ago, now we have to go to the next town and the buffet isnt as nice. There's others in the area, just have to find them.

Looking forward to hearing all about Little Eggplant's trip (I sure don't envy them the distance but am sure there's a lot to see and do while traveling, it's a nice time of year, it's a little early but maybe they'll be some nice foliage along the way).
I love Chinese Buffets as well. Let me know if you ever find a good one, so I can stop in on one of our trips to DE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 04:59 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,992,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
I love Chinese Buffets as well. Let me know if you ever find a good one, so I can stop in on one of our trips to DE.
I was spoiled when I worked at a hospital in lower Manhattan and we had lunch in Chinatown about twice a month. Hard to compete with Chinatown.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:11 PM

377 posts, read 880,820 times
Quote:
Try the one in Lewes, called the Chinatown Buffet and Grill in the Midway Shopping Center on Rt 1. Not sure if that area is Lewes or Rehoboth. Very good buffet.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM

144 posts, read 325,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Try the one in Lewes, called the Chinatown Buffet and Grill in the Midway Shopping Center on Rt 1. Not sure if that area is Lewes or Rehoboth. Very good buffet.
Thanks CaroleM!! Will write that one down for future reference.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Default a test

Doing a little test........I just planted some parsley seed in a container on my porch. Want to see if I can grow it over the winter. I'll put some plastic over the top to try to get the seeds to germinate. It's still warm weather so it just might work. Anyone else ever try this?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,567,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Little Eggplant should be on the road now on the way to Delaware. I hope it's a safe, informative trip and I look forward to the report. I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.
Guess no one heard from littleeggplant yet. Hope it's been a very informative trip.

Quote:
Look forward to hearing about your trip adventures, Yes, the fall folliage is just so lovely..I love this time of year! Have a wonderful time, and I look forward to your return.
At a computer at the hotel DeeD.....the folliage is amazing. What a lovely ride to Bangor today. The day couldn't be more perfect. Bill and I just back from spending the day in downtown bangor. We ate dinner at an outdoor cafe that was just lovely.
Tomorrow BarHarbah.......Can't wait. Got all my tours in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Doing a little test........I just planted some parsley seed in a container on my porch. Want to see if I can grow it over the winter. I'll put some plastic over the top to try to get the seeds to germinate. It's still warm weather so it just might work. Anyone else ever try this?
Carole.....you amaze me and have such a green thumb. Haven't tried your garlic idea yet but I will soon.

hope the parsley....germinates and behaves itself. LOL!!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 PM

Am "Trying" to keep this Off-Topic Chat Thread alive.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 AM

388 posts, read 853,827 times
Hi all!

Just happened to see my name in Elizamary's post and thought I had better check in before you all thought I fell off the face of the earth.

We are in Pittsburgh this weekend for family functions, will be returning to Maine next week - glad you have good weather EM and are enjoying the state.

Hubby and I have spent the last week in DE getting to know the lay of the land and visiting 55+ places. Sorry to say, but full reports will have to wait until I return home and organize my notes - and get some laundry done!

Overall impressed with DE.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 PM

604 posts, read 1,780,157 times
Thanks, Little Eggplant for the update and being sensitive to our curiosity as to what your impressions were. Enjoy your weekend in PA.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:44 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,567,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Hi all!

Just happened to see my name in Elizamary's post and thought I had better check in before you all thought I fell off the face of the earth.

We are in Pittsburgh this weekend for family functions, will be returning to Maine next week - glad you have good weather EM and are enjoying the state.

Hubby and I have spent the last week in DE getting to know the lay of the land and visiting 55+ places. Sorry to say, but full reports will have to wait until I return home and organize my notes - and get some laundry done!

Overall impressed with DE.

Little Eggplant.......Bar Harbor is amazing. What a beautiful part of the state. Acually.......All of Maine is beautiful.
We are so enjoying ourselves and want to make another trip up this way in the future. I would love to live here in the summer.

Glad you've had a favorable impression of DE. Different from Maine but it is home to us.
Looking forward to your full report when you get back and get all your wash done.
We have that to look forward to as well. That and a ton of mail to open. Most of it will junk.....grrr!!
Have a safe trip!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or