U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 PM

144 posts, read 239,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
My next door neighbor/fishing buddy just knocked at the door and presented these Maryland Blue Crabs caught this morning and FRESH off his steamer... perfectly seasoned with Old Bay!
Wonderful photography, it looks as though you can reach out and grab em! They look soooo delicious!! Now I am really hungry....
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,416,185 times
I had a wonderful, hectic, busy, fantastic day in Delaware yesterday. My eight hours of driving was essentially uneventful, which is a good thing - although in truth, if there is anything more boring than the southernmost forty miles of the New Jersey Turnpike, I've yet to see it.

The Smart Buyer seminar was outstanding. Champions Club knows what it's doing! I had opportunity to meet Dariasb in person for the first time, which was absolutely my pleasure. I also met some other couples who just arrived at Champions Club recently. I also met a few who are prospective buyers. All nice people!!

The folks at CC had a lovely lunch for us after the seminar, but I had other plans for lunch and was able to not only enjoy that lunch with CantWaitToRetire, SusieC and her husband, but I had opportunity to see their new homes. You know how you look at a new model home and it's all decorated nicely and you think to yourself that real homes never look that good? WRONG! Both CantWait and SusieC have done amazing things with their homes. They look better than the models and I know right now that as hard as Marlene and I might try - with the stuff we have in our house - we'll never look as good as they did. Absolutely picture perfect!

Then I had opportunity to go "across the street" to see From PA, her husband and their new baby granddaughter. She's a real cutie with an amazing smile, and From PA and Mr. From PA are just wonderful folks who I really enjoy spending time with.

If I had just another hour or so, I would have loved to also drop in on Elizamary and her husband, but I wanted to be able to leave by 5PM so I could get home before dark ... which I just did. I did have opportunity to chat by phone with Elizamary for a few moments and we already have lunch plans for when Marlene and I are back in town again.

All in all, a wonderful day, a great seminar, but as always, the highlight of the day was being with good people!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 AM

683 posts, read 1,933,197 times
Glad you were able to stop by Charley. Our little granddaughter was happy to meet you. Hey, she's the reason we missed you the last time but she is so worh it. Hard to believe 3 months old already.

You'll be a DE resident in no time.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:05 PM

374 posts, read 699,538 times
I have to say that I have met some people from this forum and it is great. I made new friends outside of this forum, because we had similar interests from moving to De. and are now friends. I think this forum is a great tool for people looking to move to De.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 AM

135 posts, read 189,795 times
Thanks for the kind words, Charley. We loved meeting you again in person. I think I can speak for CWTR when I say we've found our little piece of retirement heaven. Can't wait for you (and our other Forum friends) to join us!

Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 AM

15,584 posts, read 7,716,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Charley. We loved meeting you again in person. I think I can speak for CWTR when I say we've found our little piece of retirement heaven. Can't wait for you (and our other Forum friends) to join us!
Hi susie,

Haven't had the pleasure as of yet but would love to meet you

Old 06-28-2010, 09:09 PM

137 posts, read 204,556 times
Talking Crunch time!

We are closing on our Michigan house in 17 days, 10 of which we will be gone on vacation! I have been packing non-stop for the past 10 days and will be really ready for a vacation. I think I have almost finished--just one more room and then we wait until the last minute for stuff we are presently using. Thank goodness we saved all our boxes from our move here.

Our new home in Southern Meadow will be ready for us by September 22. We are so excited! Since we need to accept delivery of our furniture for storage in Magnolia/Felton, we will travel to Delaware shortly after our closing here. We'll go check out the progress on the lot and see how the house is coming along. Then we have to come back to Michigan to do some traveling in the motorhome and some volunteer work at a camp/conference center in August. We'll get to enjoy nice cool Michigan summer weather one more time before we return to the east and humid, humid, weather. Oh, there goes the frizz in the hair again. LOL

Jonalyn

Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 PM

12,345 posts, read 13,980,723 times
I didn't have enough to start a separate thread , but a few weeks ago Delaware and 11 other Northeastern states released a 2035 Rail / Transit plan. Form what I scraped together this is what is planned for Delaware.

- A Small to Medium Streetcar system in Wilmington

- Straighting of the Northeast Corridor and added Capacity (Top Priority)

- Upgrading of Wilmington Station (Underway)

- The Reactivation of an Abandoned PRR line form Wilmington - Dover - Ocean City (when i looked up the line , its still intact and lightly used.) It follows a few key highways & back roads like , US 40 , DE 1 , DE 71 , US 13 , DE 14 , & US 113. Its one of the easiest lines that will be reactivated in the Master Northeast Rail / Transit plan which is underway as we speak.

So i was just wondering what Delawareans thought about this? Everytime i go to Delaware it seems like i never left New Jersey in terms of Traffic.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM

683 posts, read 1,933,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I didn't have enough to start a separate thread , but a few weeks ago Delaware and 11 other Northeastern states released a 2035 Rail / Transit plan. Form what I scraped together this is what is planned for Delaware.

- A Small to Medium Streetcar system in Wilmington

- Straighting of the Northeast Corridor and added Capacity (Top Priority)

- Upgrading of Wilmington Station (Underway)

- The Reactivation of an Abandoned PRR line form Wilmington - Dover - Ocean City (when i looked up the line , its still intact and lightly used.) It follows a few key highways & back roads like , US 40 , DE 1 , DE 71 , US 13 , DE 14 , & US 113. Its one of the easiest lines that will be reactivated in the Master Northeast Rail / Transit plan which is underway as we speak.

So i was just wondering what Delawareans thought about this? Everytime i go to Delaware it seems like i never left New Jersey in terms of Traffic.
It would be terrific if they could have an active rail system here. I've seen the tracks and wondered if that would be a feasible option . I am very interested in more info on this. A train to Wilmington then onto Philly, Baltimore, DC...the possibilities are endless and would not only help with rush hour congestion but would pick up the economy I would think.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 AM

15,584 posts, read 7,716,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
We are closing on our Michigan house in 17 days, 10 of which we will be gone on vacation! I have been packing non-stop for the past 10 days and will be really ready for a vacation. I think I have almost finished--just one more room and then we wait until the last minute for stuff we are presently using. Thank goodness we saved all our boxes from our move here.

Our new home in Southern Meadow will be ready for us by September 22. We are so excited! Since we need to accept delivery of our furniture for storage in Magnolia/Felton, we will travel to Delaware shortly after our closing here. We'll go check out the progress on the lot and see how the house is coming along. Then we have to come back to Michigan to do some traveling in the motorhome and some volunteer work at a camp/conference center in August. We'll get to enjoy nice cool Michigan summer weather one more time before we return to the east and humid, humid, weather. Oh, there goes the frizz in the hair again. LOL

Jonalyn
oh sure sounds like crunch time for you guys.

Amazing what you can do when you have to ...huh!!
I think we ran on high excitment during all this.

Don't see anything back in your neck of the woods. I think they were clearing out the area. Guess what.........thats where they stored the porta pot. LOL.
Probably find another spot. Hope so anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware