U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 02:40 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,992,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
I've gone to the Pow-Wow 3 times. That's enough for me. I always enjoyed their succatash soup; delicious.

Went to Sambo's for steamed crabs; heavy and full of sweet mustard. Crab eatin' is the best in Aug and Sept. Now it's oyster season so we're heading for JPs for oysters in a few weeks.
I'm hoping there are some events like the Pow-wow (or something else) for mid-November and late-December. Those are the next two trips I have planned to the area ... all other things being equal, like my treatments are done and I have the energy to travel. (I should be ready)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,567,413 times
Quote:
I've gone to the Pow-Wow 3 times. That's enough for me. I always enjoyed their succatash soup; delicious.

Went to Sambo's for steamed crabs; heavy and full of sweet mustard. Crab eatin' is the best in Aug and Sept. Now it's oyster season so we're heading for JPs for oysters in a few weeks.

Oysters.........I love oysters. When does this start??? I leave next week for my trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I'm hoping there are some events like the Pow-wow (or something else) for mid-November and late-December. Those are the next two trips I have planned to the area ... all other things being equal, like my treatments are done and I have the energy to travel. (I should be ready)

Got to check and see when the pumpkin chunkin is?
Must be something around in November and dec. Let me see what I can find out.
Oh carole......do you know?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Got to check and see when the pumpkin chunkin is? Must be something around in November and dec. Let me see what I can find out. Oh carole......do you know?
We had hoped this would be the same time as Punkin Chunkin but it isn't. That would have been a hoot for us!!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM

388 posts, read 853,827 times
Punkin Chunkin Nov 6-8
DE Book Festival Nov 7
Dover Downs Wine and Music Festival Nov 13 & 14
Chocolate Fest at Dover Downs Nov 27 & 28

Old 09-14-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Punkin Chunkin Nov 6-8
DE Book Festival Nov 7
... and of course, my son and I will be down on Nov 16 and 17. (Monday and Tuesday).

Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 AM

377 posts, read 880,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Punkin Chunkin Nov 6-8
DE Book Festival Nov 7
The only thing I can add is that there is a big craft fair on Nov. 7th at the Harrington Fairgrounds. Nothing much happening in November.

btw, years ago Dave Letterman had a snipet of the punkin-chunkin on his TV show.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
The only thing I can add is that there is a big craft fair on Nov. 7th at the Harrington Fairgrounds. Nothing much happening in November.

btw, years ago Dave Letterman had a snipet of the punkin-chunkin on his TV show.
Good morning Carole.

I think it was the Discover Channel that actually did an hour on Punkin Chunkin last year, on Thanksgiving Night. We had to time our departure from a family dinner in Jersey to be home in time to see it.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 AM

604 posts, read 1,780,157 times
Little eggplant outshines everybody at researching ... she is not even here and she knows the dates for what's happening in Delaware.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 AM

377 posts, read 880,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Good morning Carole.

I think it was the Discover Channel that actually did an hour on Punkin Chunkin last year, on Thanksgiving Night. We had to time our departure from a family dinner in Jersey to be home in time to see it.
and a Good Mornng to you, Yes, I do know that another channel did a longer one on Thanksgiving but Letterman did the first one. My hubby was watching it (Letterman)from Arkansas. It was very short; I'm sure it took them much longer to set up the machine.

The event was once held in a field on Rt. 1 in Lewes.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,567,413 times
and good morning to both of you Carol, armx, Charley and little eggplant. What a cute name.....little eggplant.
Little eggplant is on the ball with dates.....thanks.

We may have a date nov 6 or 7 to see chunkin punkins.

I know the chocolate festival at dover downs is a must for me. A day to just bathe in Chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or