Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 06:58 PM

392 posts, read 990,502 times

Advertisements

Some events at Cape Henlopen
Birdseed and Book Sale-Saturday, November 14
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Seaside Nature Center
Advance birdseed order forms are available at the park office, nature center, or call (302) 644-4923. Food and baked goods available. Clean books may be dropped off at the nature center on Friday, November 13, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Holiday Boutique--Saturday, December 5
Check off your holiday list with nature-related t-shirts, hats, bags and more. All proceeds benefit Cape Henlopen State Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Good morning De Chat and Happy Friday

Honeycrisp.......any kind of movement is a good thing. I'm really the kind of person that has to keep busy.....It's just me.

CaroleM........I love to polka. Had a friend years ago that would do this with me at the beef and beers. Oh gosh.......so much fun whirling around the dance floor.
Hows the senior center in Milford going?

DeeD......we have neighbors that moved from long Island but not sure where.
We lived in Northeast Philadelphia before we moved here. DH was a bus driver.
And yes.......Modern Maturity is in Dover.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Some events at Cape Henlopen
Birdseed and Book Sale-Saturday, November 14
Advance birdseed order forms are available at the park office, nature center, or call (302) 644-4923. Food and baked goods available. Clean books may be dropped off at the nature center on Friday, November 13, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Holiday Boutique--Saturday, December 5
Check off your holiday list with nature-related t-shirts, hats, bags and more. All proceeds benefit Cape Henlopen State Park
Oh I love cape Henlopen Carole. When I get back from vacay......gotta get down there.
Not interested in birdseed but would love the holiday boutique.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 AM

144 posts, read 360,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Good morning De Chat and Happy Friday

Honeycrisp.......any kind of movement is a good thing. I'm really the kind of person that has to keep busy.....It's just me.

CaroleM........I love to polka. Had a friend years ago that would do this with me at the beef and beers. Oh gosh.......so much fun whirling around the dance floor.
Hows the senior center in Milford going?

DeeD......we have neighbors that moved from long Island but not sure where.
We lived in Northeast Philadelphia before we moved here. DH was a bus driver.
And yes.......Modern Maturity is in Dover.

How do you like the Modern Maturity Center?? I bet you have alot of fun there. I think you can even buy meals?? Is that correct? How is the pool there? I think pool exercises are great and gentle on all the joints!! I hope the 55+ community we eventually choose, has an indoor and outdoor pool. How do you compare living in De to Pa?? Do you like both?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
How do you like the Modern Maturity Center?? I bet you have alot of fun there. I think you can even buy meals?? Is that correct? How is the pool there? I think pool exercises are great and gentle on all the joints!! I hope the 55+ community we eventually choose, has an indoor and outdoor pool. How do you compare living in De to Pa?? Do you like both?
Hi and I'd be happy to share with......

Living in DE is much different than PA in many ways....slower pace, cheaper living and very friendly.
Pa is a beautiful state but cost more to live there. Being on a fixed income...we were looking for the best buy.
We have been here 2 1/2 years and feel this is our home. we're very comfortable living here.

About Modern Maturity....Some love it and some think eh!
We joined thinking we'd be there every day. Not so. The lunches kind of turned us off. Doesn't cost much but i wasn't much for the food they served. We haven't gone for lunches in a long time.
We have signed up for some trips which are pretty good and line dancing along with ballroom. But that is about it.
We have our clubhouse , pool and gym here. Our Pool closes the end of Sept but I will not join MM cuz it's too hot in there. Like a steam bath.
Would be nice to have an indoor pool but thats not he case here. We usually go to Florida in the winter for a month.

We love being close to the beaches and driving down in the fall.

I would like to add......it's a good life and beyond my wildest dreams. (seriously)

Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Just got back from the beach. Didn't go in the water; just got some boardwalk fries and sat on bench and watched the ocean.

Modern Maturity - I'm one of those that signed up and have never been back since.

I think I will like MilfordSC better if I ever get to attend their programs. But I do plan on joining the senior pool with Milford very soon and join in the Red Hat luncheons.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hi and I'd be happy to share with......

Living in DE is much different than PA in many ways....slower pace, cheaper living and very friendly.
Pa is a beautiful state but cost more to live there. Being on a fixed income...we were looking for the best buy.
We have been here 2 1/2 years and feel this is our home. we're very comfortable living here.

About Modern Maturity....Some love it and some think eh!
We joined thinking we'd be there every day. Not so. The lunches kind of turned us off. Doesn't cost much but i wasn't much for the food they served. We haven't gone for lunches in a long time.
We have signed up for some trips which are pretty good and line dancing along with ballroom. But that is about it.
We have our clubhouse , pool and gym here. Our Pool closes the end of Sept but I will not join MM cuz it's too hot in there. Like a steam bath.
Would be nice to have an indoor pool but thats not he case here. We usually go to Florida in the winter for a month.

We love being close to the beaches and driving down in the fall.

I would like to add......it's a good life and beyond my wildest dreams. (seriously)
Thank you for sharing Elizamary. I think it is important to find the cheapest place to live when retired. This way it leaves extra money to do other exciting things, such as travel..and if your lucky enough to find a good community that you like to reside, it is icing on the cake. On LI we have great beaches as well, so I can understand your trip to your beautiful beaches in the fall when it is not so crowded. I think the steam bath feel is way to hot sounding for me as well!!

I am so happy to hear that in you words "it's a good life and beyond your wildest dreams", because I find that very inspiring for us; to find our niche, so we can say eventually feel that very same way!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Just got back from the beach. Didn't go in the water; just got some boardwalk fries and sat on bench and watched the ocean.

Modern Maturity - I'm one of those that signed up and have never been back since.

I think I will like MilfordSC better if I ever get to attend their programs. But I do plan on joining the senior pool with Milford very soon and join in the Red Hat luncheons.
Hi CaroleM, If you don't mind me asking, why did you not return to MM?? Do you live in a 55+ community? Does it have a clubhouse, etc??

Old 09-19-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Hi CaroleM, If you don't mind me asking, why did you not return to MM?? Do you live in a 55+ community? Does it have a clubhouse, etc??
Main reason I did not return is because I became involved in other projects. Then after looking over their programs I decided they really were not what I was looking for. Milford Senior Center has more of what I'm interested in.
Yes, I live in a 55+ community in a mobile home park with lots of trees. It has a pool for just the 55 plusers and a small clubhouse.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:00 AM

Default Correction

A correction on the name of the Chinese Rest in Rehoboth. It is called: Chinatown Buffet and Grill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware