U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 01:31 PM

32 posts, read 133,415 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Middletown and we've been looking at a few houses there. We've found a few areas that we like and was just looking for some feedback. One area is around Shallcross lake and the other was in the Misty Vale Farm sub-division. If anyone is living in either of those two areas and has some feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 07:04 PM

445 posts, read 1,288,030 times
I moved to the area east of Middletown and south of Odessa 3 years ago and am very happy with my decision. Others can give you more specific info on the two areas that you asked about, but you may wish to investigate how the new Route 301 may affect both areas. Here is the state website to the project. Delaware Department of Transportation - Projects Please message me if I can be of any assistance. I would be happy any way I can. Good luck.

Edit: I found this map of the Route 301 project and area developments that may help. http://www.deldot.gov/information/pr...ug09_Model.pdf

Last edited by jdoll; 11-01-2009 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Default Job Market

First off, thanks jdoll for the highway info, much appreciated. I think we're all set as far as not having to worry about the highway running through the back yard. We put an offer in, on a house(short sale) in Middletown and now we just have to wait and see. From what I've been told, we're looking at a minimum of 90 days or so before the bank makes a decision. I won't be coming down there till the end of Jan./early Feb. I will then need to find some work. So if anyone knows of any HVAC/R companies that are looking for help....I am just going to be on the apprentice level, but have a pretty good construction/mechanical (30 + years) background. Would really like to get into the commercial refrigeration side of things or facilities maintenance. But I'm not adverse to doing residential A/C or heat(gas or oil). Thanks again and I look forward to the move south.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 AM

445 posts, read 1,288,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rek992001 View Post
First off, thanks jdoll for the highway info, much appreciated. I think we're all set as far as not having to worry about the highway running through the back yard. We put an offer in, on a house(short sale) in Middletown and now we just have to wait and see. From what I've been told, we're looking at a minimum of 90 days or so before the bank makes a decision. I won't be coming down there till the end of Jan./early Feb. I will then need to find some work. So if anyone knows of any HVAC/R companies that are looking for help....I am just going to be on the apprentice level, but have a pretty good construction/mechanical (30 + years) background. Would really like to get into the commercial refrigeration side of things or facilities maintenance. But I'm not adverse to doing residential A/C or heat(gas or oil). Thanks again and I look forward to the move south.
Congrats and welcome to the area. From what I have seen in my development 90 days may be a best case situation. I don't mean to be a wet blanket; just saying the 2 I saw this summer near me took longer. Best of luck again.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks jdoll, I know 90 days might be wihful thinking, we realize that was a "at best" time frame. We've heard that a lot of these take longer, which is ok with us anyways. We still have to get our house here in Mass. sold first. My main concern will be finding a job. But I feel pretty confident that things are going to work out ok. You would think that the banks, mortgage companies would jump a a chance to unload some of their inventory, but hey what do I know.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 AM

604 posts, read 1,779,359 times
On one hand your contention that the lenders should be willing to unload the inventory is logical but when taking a loss evrybody takes their time ... ( their logic is ...if one offer comes there will be other better offers) Additionally, they are not hiring any more people to handle the paperwork, and repeated call backs ....I am just trying to explain not defending the process by any means. Short sales are, by and large, a waste of effort not to mention the loss of peace of mind - dealing with mindless people along the way......

Old 12-05-2009, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the input, armx. I have heard a lot about how these things run, so I'm fully aware of the BS that's involved. As I think I stated before, my wife and I are in a position that, we can afford to let the process run its course. The real estate agent that we are dealing with, had a sale that took 6-8 months and my agent here in MA had one take about 4 mos. The way I look at it, if it's meant to be, it will happen. We've seen some nice properties in and around Middletown, so regardless, I'm sure we will find a place to live, eventually.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 AM

7 posts, read 21,313 times
I live in Misty Vale Farms and love the development. It is an established development that is 12-14 years old. There are newer developments in the area you mentioned also. Take some time to drive around and see what's available. I think you will like the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or