Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times

Advertisements

The information about Doc-in-the-Box opening in Dover gave me an idea for a new thread about other stores opening in Delaware. Two years ago, we were discussing the idea of a Barnes and Noble coming to Delaware. Looks like that's happening.

Barnes and Noble to open in Christiana Mall - Hockessin, DE - The Community News (http://www.communitypub.com/business/x896791153/Barnes-and-Noble-to-open-in-Christiana-Mall - broken link)

Let's use this thread to share information about other businesses coming to Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 AM

271 posts, read 995,258 times
Hi Charley, good to "see" you--I haven't read or posted for quite a long while--and thanks for the good news!

I've been to a dozen or so Barnes and Noble stores, but think my favorite is the highly unusual one overlooking Harborplace in Baltimore. Of course, I'm complaining that this new one has to be an hour north of us, because we don't enjoy that drive anymore. Used to think nothing of it. Things do change as one gets older!

Best to you,

Annie

Old 11-27-2009, 08:04 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Another Barnes & Noble will be a great addition to the First State. They incorporated in Delaware in 1986, by the way. The older Delaware Concord Pike store is about 60 minutes from mid-Delaware, and the newest Delaware Christiana Mall store is about 45 minutes from that same point. Or a straight shot south on Rt. 13 to Salisbury, MD with no traffic, and a 50 minute leasurely ride is a good choice.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:23 AM

121 posts, read 517,935 times
The Christiana Mall store is a good one, two stories, big layout, they spared no expense, starbucks on the first floor. Video and sound section on the second floor with more books. They did a lot of remodeling at the Christiana Mall, made some improvements. Appreciate the doc in the box info.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Thanks for the information charley and a wonderful idea.
This way we'll all be alerted to whats coming to our area.

Ron Del.........never been to christiana Mall in the 3 years we have been here but I'm scheduled to go with friends in another week.
Really excited because I heard it's a very nice mall.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:09 AM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
Hullabaloo just opened in Fox Run Plaza on Rt. 40. It is an indoor kids playplace. It is great for kids between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old. I took my kids there last week and they loved it.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:43 AM

392 posts, read 990,502 times
Default wecome back rdlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Another Barnes & Noble will be a great addition to the First State. They incorporated in Delaware in 1986, by the way. The older Delaware Concord Pike store is about 60 minutes from mid-Delaware, and the newest Delaware Christiana Mall store is about 45 minutes from that same point. Or a straight shot south on Rt. 13 to Salisbury, MD with no traffic, and a 50 minute leasurely ride is a good choice.
rdlr - real nice to see you.....missed you and your first-hand excellent Delaware information that you contributed to the forum. It was/is certainly helpful and interesting.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
rdlr - real nice to see you.....missed you and your first-hand excellent Delaware information that you contributed to the forum. It was/is certainly helpful and interesting.
Thank you, CaroleM! Your kind words are much appreciated.

But, it's natural. I've lived the Delaware life since birth, and my business is based on "Everything Delaware", from businesses coming and going, subdivisions being planned and in the works, events up and down the state, and everything inbetween. I know of no other place, except this 96 mile long state.
(BTW, I'm not in real estate sales.)

Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
Hullabaloo just opened in Fox Run Plaza on Rt. 40. It is an indoor kids playplace. It is great for kids between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old. I took my kids there last week and they loved it.
I have a daughter that will be 2 in Feb. What kind of area do they have for children her age? Sounds like a fun thing for us to do while mommies at school on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: