Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 02:55 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times

Advertisements

delawareonline | The News Journal | DelDOT Traffic Cam
This was posted before, but got lost in the shuffle. The Webcams of all of the intersections here in Delaware, and noted on this map, answer questions about the snow storm and roadways for people not living here. A picture is worth a thousand words. It's just finding the picture, so here are lots of them. Click the various dots to bring up live pictures of Delaware, and you can see what's going on in the entire State, in the way of weather.
Thanks for the thought, CarolM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 05:15 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
delawareonline | The News Journal | DelDOT Traffic Cam
This was posted before, but got lost in the shuffle. The Webcams of all of the intersections here in Delaware, and noted on this map, answer questions about the snow storm and roadways for people not living here. A picture is worth a thousand words. It's just finding the picture, so here are lots of them. Click the various dots to bring up live pictures of Delaware, and you can see what's going on in the entire State, in the way of weather.
Thanks for the thought, CarolM!
Wow, that was fun. I just saw snow by our families home......I loved that live webcam!!

Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Wow, that was fun. I just saw snow by our families home......I loved that live webcam!!
Technology is so amazing, isn't it Sum? To be able to look at live on-the-spot traffic and weather conditions from afar is awesome! On some of those, you feel like you're sitting right up there with the camera, in the wind .There are live beach cameras, too, showing the snowy, icy waves sloshing up at Bethany and Rehoboth. But I think we can't post those because they contain Realtor names.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:10 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Technology is so amazing, isn't it Sum? To be able to look at live on-the-spot traffic and weather conditions from afar is awesome! On some of those, you feel like you're sitting right up there with the camera, in the wind .There are live beach cameras, too, showing the snowy, icy waves sloshing up at Bethany and Rehoboth. But I think we can't post those because they contain Realtor names.
Yes, I want to call her and tell her I just "know" she has wonderful snow.....
( she didn't this AM).......But, we'd be on the phone for hours....So I'll wait.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 AM

392 posts, read 990,502 times
Hubby used this Cam this morning to see if he should head back to Maryland. He wanted a while and just left. Called to tell me Rt. 1 and Rt. 896 are terrible. Very icy. Rt. 40 is clear.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Hubby used this Cam this morning to see if he should head back to Maryland. He wanted a while and just left. Called to tell me Rt. 1 and Rt. 896 are terrible. Very icy. Rt. 40 is clear.
Thanks for the update, CaroleM! I e-mailed that webcam link to some of our family, who're coming down from PA. Even though they can't wait to cross that state line to their home State of Delaware, I told them to really take their time. We know that on Rt. 1, when we carefully maneuver along, there's always a smart alec whizzing by us spreading salt brine all over the place. That stuff ruins finishes on cars if you don't get it washed off as soon as possible. Track it into your house, and your carpets are done!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:21 AM

699 posts, read 2,894,297 times
Too many people drive like idiots on Rt. 1 anyway. Some drivers with SUV's think they're invincible but it's quite the contrary. Last year or maybe it was two years ago, a surprise snow happened while we were passing thru from PA. New Castle county had under 1" but it was extremely slick. We must have counted a dozen or so SUV's crashed or rolled on the side of the roads. Apparently they were traveling way too fast for conditions. Kent only had rain in that storm.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 AM

604 posts, read 2,010,445 times
Thanks to the canal .... snow in New Castle Co. does not mean in Kent too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware