U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
Default Need internist and family doctor recommendations in (or around) Newark,DE

Any suggestions!

Thanks in advance,

lrw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 02:15 PM

374 posts, read 669,675 times
I just started using Springside Family Medicine with Dr. Simpson and Dr. Yeargan. They are located in Springside Plaza off Rt. 40 in Newark. I like them so far, but again I just started going to them. I do have a fantastic pediatrician though.

any recommondations for ob/gyns??

Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM

53 posts, read 99,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
I just started using Springside Family Medicine with Dr. Simpson and Dr. Yeargan. They are located in Springside Plaza off Rt. 40 in Newark. I like them so far, but again I just started going to them. I do have a fantastic pediatrician though.
Who is the pediatrician please?

I'm looking for a good pediatrician and pediatric dentist in the Middletown/Newark area; any recommendations are much appreciated!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:55 PM

286 posts, read 342,272 times
I take my kids to Appoquinimink Peds just south of Middletown on Rt. 13. I've been extremely pleased with the care they provide. The peds routinely call to follow up after we leave the office from a sick visit (that evening or the next day) to make sure the kids are doing well, and once, when waiting for test results to come back the on-call dr (not our ped) called after hours to give me the results instead of waiting until the next day. He easily spent 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions, etc. Finally, they've been very responsive to after-hours calls, patient, and explain things thoroughly and patiently.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:45 PM

177 posts, read 150,259 times
Speaking of pediatricians, does anyone know anything about Khan Pediatrics in Middletown?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM

374 posts, read 669,675 times
My kids go to Delaware Modern Pediatrics with Dr. Epstein. He is very good with the kids and the office staff is great too. They are on Rt 40. near Peoples Plaza in Springside Plaza.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,905,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac0s View Post
I take my kids to Appoquinimink Peds just south of Middletown on Rt. 13. I've been extremely pleased with the care they provide. The peds routinely call to follow up after we leave the office from a sick visit (that evening or the next day) to make sure the kids are doing well, and once, when waiting for test results to come back the on-call dr (not our ped) called after hours to give me the results instead of waiting until the next day. He easily spent 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions, etc. Finally, they've been very responsive to after-hours calls, patient, and explain things thoroughly and patiently.
I TOTALLY second that !!

I used to see Dr. Gotthold from appo peds up in north wilmington (he was recommended to me by the birth center wilm.).
when we decided to move I told him, how terrible sorry I was to have to leave him, since we are moving to Middletown.
and then he said: you know what, I JUST opened an office down there !!

I am so pleased with them !! they are a team of four doctors and I actually can't decide, which one i like best. we had never any bad experience, the are on call 24 hours, always same day sick visits, Dr. H.D once diagnosed my son with 2nd stage lyme desease (be careful, big deal around here !) after 2 minutes. it takes other docs weeks sometimes and in this case we had no single day to lose.

also: they now also have one female doc in the office (dr. Olsen), which is great, since my oldest is 13 now and prefers to see a female.

I am telling you, we have always SO much fun going there - this office is one of the reasons, it will be hard to leave delaware !

second reason: took me a while, but 3 years ago I found a fabulous pediatric dentist: dr. jay harris, newark (next to christiana mall).
he is so funny, a big kid himself, and my kids NEVER complained, the did not want to go.
he sometimes performs magic tricks and one day my son prepared 3 tricks for the doc. Dr. Jay asked ALL the employees to stop working and to sit down to watch Merlin's show. It took Merlin quite a while, since he was so excited, but there was no rush on Dr. jays side and we had such a good time !
I truly love him and always regretted, that I am slightly over 18 - too old to get treatments in his office *sigh*

Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,905,450 times
O, i forgot: besides being funny and performing magic tricks he also knows his job very well .
they have an extra room, where you meet with him and he talks about the exams, treatment plans and options. you can also stay with your child during treatments, although he is encouraging the kids to try it without mom/dad.

so he is not just funny, but makes the kids to just want to come again - and they do !

Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 AM

Thank you very much for the recommendations!

Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Thanks again for the pediatric dentist recommendation - we take our kids to Dr. Jay Harris and are pretty happy with him.

We're now in urgent need of a good regular (adult ) dentist - can anyone recommend one around Newark/Middletown? It would be much appreciated...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware