U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 AM

445 posts, read 900,126 times

Advertisements

OBX. First, welcome to Middletown. I think your major road concerns will probably rest in the proposed 301 expansion. The state has a web page dedicated to the project that you'll find at Delaware Department of Transportation - Projects.

I think your other road concern would be the folks trying to avoid downtown Middletown. You can use several roads in that area to reach Rt 71 and Rt 1 or 13 from 301 and avoid the long backups in Middletown. But also check the impact of 301 and the proposed $4 toll booth near the Levels Rd area. That will probably give you an idea what may happen to traffic in your area. It might even be included in the 301 impact study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:53 AM

70 posts, read 145,445 times
Thanks JDoll!!! Appreciate all the info! I will be sure to check it out.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:25 PM

40 posts, read 117,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
The negatives aspects of living in Middletown is Rt 299/Rt 71 traffic on the weekends. The positives are a Great Dutch Market, Willey Farms, major grocery stores, you can buy underwear and socks now that Kohl's opened, SuperWal-Mart is on the way and rumors are Target might be coming too. All the necessities of life, a smaller town feel, great public schools and very friendly neighborhoods. If you want fine dining and nightlife it ain't here. If you want a quality place to raise your family, this is as good a place as you'll find.
A Target too? Wow, i remember when there wasnt really anything in Middletown. Wouldn't this only be the third Target in DE?

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 15,721 times
want to know if Middletown would be the right place to commute from to Owings mills, MD everyday while my wife will commute to Smyrna & dover everyday? How long of a ride to Baltimore from Middletown?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:35 PM

342 posts, read 651,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmhfamily View Post
want to know if Middletown would be the right place to commute from to Owings mills, MD everyday while my wife will commute to Smyrna & dover everyday? How long of a ride to Baltimore from Middletown?

Go to MapQuest: Maps, Directions, Gas Prices & Business Directory It's a great site to figure distance.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 PM

4 posts, read 15,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Go to MapQuest: Maps, Directions, Gas Prices & Business Directory It's a great site to figure distance.
Done that... but would love to know who is actually living it or know of it first hand.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 AM

902 posts, read 2,506,129 times
At the exhorbident (spelling is wrong, I know) price of gas these days, I would say the commute might be easy enough if it doesn't hit your wallet too hard! Lot of talk about that very subject yesterday at the barber shop! Right now, I just do the mom thing, but I can assure you I spend too much time at the gas pumps myself. GRRRR! And it is only supposed to get worse!

Mary

Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 AM

64 posts, read 26,186 times
Yeah the gas prices are part of the reason my sis just moved from middletown back up into bear to be closer to work, and the crime that was in her area of middletown.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:35 PM

405 posts, read 956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_from_DE View Post
Yeah the gas prices are part of the reason my sis just moved from middletown back up into bear to be closer to work, and the crime that was in her area of middletown.
What area of Middletown did she live in?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:18 PM

64 posts, read 26,186 times
on cass street, kinda at the end of lake street.......lake street is scary...lol

middletown is full of extremes, lake street is pretty bad, then areas of frog hollow and parkplace are super nice and they are within miles of each other....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware