Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 PM

4 posts, read 26,588 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Wilmington, DE to work in Georgetown, DE is this area good (apartments, houses), what areas are good for a single woman and safe?
I am not familiar with Wilmington, DE at all, but I do have a aunt in Dover and she said I can live with her until I am stable...but how is the commute, is there any alternate routes?

How is the crime, people and overall population, does racism exist in these areas?

Thank you,

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-21-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,976,309 times
You can't live in Wilmington and work in Georgetown! They are on opposite ends of the state! The commute would be ridiculous and a practical impossibility, even as small as DE is. If you are going to work in Georgetown you really need to live in Sussex County (of which Georgetown is the county seat). Even the commute from Dover is going to take you at least an hour at the best of times, but become more difficult during the summer when everyone is travelling to the beaches in Sussex County. Please inform yourself about DE geography! Looking at a map would be a good place to start. Your aunt doesn't seem to have been overly informative.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 26,588 times
Smile Wilmington to Dover, DE

Thanks for your input, you may be right, the job is in Wilmington DE, how far is that to Dover, can I commute with ease back and forth. What areas for housing are there in Wilmington should I be looking into.

Thanks

Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,976,309 times
I don't understand. I thought the job was in Georgetown and you wanted to live in Wilmington. Dover is roughly equidistant between the two places. We have only three counties here. Wilmington is the largest city in the state and is the seat of New Castle County in the north. Kent is the central county, with its seat at Dover, which is also the state capital. Sussex is the southernmost county, with the seat at Georgetown (though there are also important state courts located at Georgetown). The point is, you can't be commuting from Wilmington to Georgetown on a day to day basis; I know high-paid lawyers here who do it on a more occasional basis for trials and related proceedings. Dover is still a good hour from Wilmington, but potentially longer than that in some circumstances. The commute on a long-term basis really wouldn't be tenable.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:05 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,272 times
Funny but true I work with a guy that travels from Bethany to Marcus Hook five days a week and back to Bethany. He moved three years ago and has four more years till he retires. Imagine his gasoline cost!! Any way untill Redredblondie figure out where she works.....good luck.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
redredblondie,
Why don't you just start over?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,671 times
I'm interested in relocating to dover Delaware is their a job market working with mentally ill.. Also what school district are
Good I have an 8 & 16 year old..

Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
Tavara, You can start a new thread by clicking on the "new thread" button at the top left of the forum. You will get much better responses that way.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware