Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,865,889 times

Advertisements

we like cape hen too, but also go to dewey beach frequently - outdoor showers, indoor showers, snacks, toilettes ... - and if you are willing to walk 100 feet more - you are totally on your own, because most people don't like to walk or just love to cuddle up

cape Hen was our favorite last year, since we could bring the dog. but can't recall any showers ?

talking about beaches - for me next step is camping ! and the best place EVER is assateague island (MD). 2,5 hours from middletown and in the morning the wild ponies stick their heads through your camper window
and the beach is absolutely lovely - also for an extended daytrip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 08:18 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,151,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
we like cape hen too, but also go to dewey beach frequently - outdoor showers, indoor showers, snacks, toilettes ... - and if you are willing to walk 100 feet more - you are totally on your own, because most people don't like to walk or just love to cuddle up

cape Hen was our favorite last year, since we could bring the dog. but can't recall any showers ?

talking about beaches - for me next step is camping ! and the best place EVER is assateague island (MD). 2,5 hours from middletown and in the morning the wild ponies stick their heads through your camper window
and the beach is absolutely lovely - also for an extended daytrip.
There are different beaches. The main guarded beach with the concession stand does have showers and a changing area. Another beach which does have parking and rest rooms allows dogs and surf fishing.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM

728 posts, read 1,776,625 times
Of course my favorite thing to do in the summer is surf fishing, nothing like having a front row parking spot with all your grear there!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 PM

9,685 posts, read 14,159,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Of course my favorite thing to do in the summer is surf fishing, nothing like having a front row parking spot with all your grear there!
I think we talked about this before, raven. We've probably been at IR at the same time, on occasion. That's my favorite thing, too! Surf Fishing! Been doing it for many years.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,772,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Thats usually why I take my family to the South Bethany drive on beach. Its not crowded, I can take my Lab and get some surf fishing in.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 40,321 times
Lewes Beach is great (smaller and on the bay) but Cape Henlopen State park has everything you could ever want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware