Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Not sure about the hearsay comment, but here are the stats - Kent County, Delaware

Looks like a lot of houses sold!
toobusytoday - All those tax map numbers are vacant lots, owned by
HOVBROS ROESVILLE, LLC, not houses that sold. Look for the 911 addresses, and you'll see the solds, except for 2-3 still owned by Hovbros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Is there a way to see the sold homes other then clicking on each individual house? That is by just looking at the link I posted, how can I see which homes are sold?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Is there a way to see the sold homes other then clicking on each individual house? That is by just looking at the link I posted, how can I see which homes are sold?
Yes. Just scroll down to the very bottom, and you'll see street addresses, known as 911 addresses. Example: 123 Smith Drive

Click each of those street addresses and you'll see the new owner's name, or the builder's name. Typically, if it's the builder's name and it has a 911 address, it's either their model home, or under contract ready to go to settlement. Kent County is running about a couple to three weeks in recording deeds, so the list of closed sales will grow on that site, as each is recorded. If a visit is made to a particular subdivision, and there are obviously people moved in to a newly constructed home, it's probably too new (within a week or so) to be shown on this public information site. But that can be checked by calling Kent County Recorder of Deeds and Assessment Departments, and giving them the 911 address.
(Afterthought) Typically, Tax Map Numbers on this site change to 911 street addresses after they have gone to settlement and have been recorded.

Last edited by rdlr; 04-12-2010 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Afterthought

Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 AM

53 posts, read 117,149 times
Morning Everyone
Just saw that CC raised the base price of their Austin model from $199,990 to $219,990. Congratulations to everyone that got in at the lower price. The 10% jump seems kind of high. They raised the Charleston model too but only by $5,000.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yes. Just scroll down to the very bottom, and you'll see street addresses, known as 911 addresses. Example: 123 Smith Drive

Click each of those street addresses and you'll see the new owner's name, or the builder's name. Typically, if it's the builder's name and it has a 911 address, it's either their model home, or under contract ready to go to settlement. Kent County is running about a couple to three weeks in recording deeds, so the list of closed sales will grow on that site, as each is recorded. If a visit is made to a particular subdivision, and there are obviously people moved in to a newly constructed home, it's probably too new (within a week or so) to be shown on this public information site. But that can be checked by calling Kent County Recorder of Deeds and Assessment Departments, and giving them the 911 address.
(Afterthought) Typically, Tax Map Numbers on this site change to 911 street addresses after they have gone to settlement and have been recorded.
That's not what I mean. I understand if you click on each property that you can see the owners name. What I mean is there a way to see if the properties are vacant or sold just by looking at the page?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That's not what I mean. I understand if you click on each property that you can see the owners name. What I mean is there a way to see if the properties are vacant or sold just by looking at the page?
In the link you provided, you don't have to click on a property to see if it's sold, although that will give you all the details.

For that new subdivision, a quick glance of that tax roll shows 9 addresses at the bottom of that list in your link. Those have either sold, are owned by the builder as a spec or model home, or are under contract waiting to go to settlement. All the others with just tax map numbers and no 911 addresses are vacant lots, with only the land being assessed for taxes, not any improvements. When a property goes to settlement, it has to have a 911 mailing address.

That procedure will not hold true if you were looking in a subdivision which is established. There's no way to search that particular site for solds in built out subdivisions, without going one by one.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM

96 posts, read 190,444 times
Little eggplant, thanks so much for your DM with the kit info. I've been offline for a few days, so only saw your message today. Much appreciated!

kc50down, you just broke my heart. The Austin was my only option at CC and they just priced me out. When I met with Ed a couple weeks ago, he told me that prices would be going up soon but I didn't expect that to happen THIS soon! And, like you, I'm shocked at the hefty increase on that model! Apparently, it's getting more activity than the larger, more expensive models so they're taking advantage of its popularity. (cant wait, your timing was right-on!) Dag...

On the plus side, I'm taking advantage of SM's "Slumber Party" offer to spend a night in one of their models. It'll give me a chance to look more closely at that community and the big bonus is that I'll finally get to meet Elizamary! I'm SO looking forward to that! She can definitely 'plug me in' there to see up close and personal all her community has to offer.

With CC out of my price range now, I'll definitely be looking more closely at SM and NP. Am I disappointed about 'losing' CC? You bet I am. From my first visit there, I felt very much at home every time I visited. Something I haven't felt elsewhere. On the other hand, I'm a 'half-full' kinda gal and my stay at SM in a couple weeks will be a great way to pick up my disppointment and get moving in a new direction. Or two.

rdlr, thank you for the Kent County realty transfers link. As always, you're a treasure-trove of info!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:04 AM

560 posts, read 915,934 times
We've been doing some comparision pricing between CC and Roesville. Sorry to read about the price increase at CC on their Americana models...not really surprizing. Also, checked out the room dimensions and options. At CC the only way to get that 3rd bedroom or study is to add the basement or loft. At Roesville there is the option for study or bedroom all on the first floor. The bedroom option seems the way to go since it has the closet and could be a "study/guest room" if you wanted. Vice-versa doesn't seem practical since it's open to the foyer. Also we like the "internet" center offered with the Mayfair and larger homes. In the "Mayfair -vs- Augusta" competition, we think Mayfair wins. All-in-all there's more bang for the buck at Roesville.
IMHO.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 AM

53 posts, read 117,149 times
Hi Hey Jude
If you are still looking around check out Barclay Farms. www.barclay-farms.com It is a completed develop. near Southern Meadows. It still has a few model homes available plus resales and the homes are very nice.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 PM

96 posts, read 190,444 times
Thanks, kc50... I've been to Barclay-Farms a few times and there is a model there that I really like, though I felt less 'at-home' there than I have anywhere I've visited. My last visit there, tho', moved me away from that community as my meeting with the rep was less-than-satisfactory. Also, I just never saw many people milling about there, even on beautiful days; weekdays/weekends... didn't matter!

When I stay at Southern Meadows, I'll be in a Wisteria which, as I recall, it the largest model they have. I don't remember seeing it before but the floor plan is very appealing. (The kitchen looks terrific!) In fact, i believe that's Elizamary's model, so I'm sure she can give me the ins & outs of it while I'm there. I'll also want to check out their Valerian.

I appreciate the heads-up on B-F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware