U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 04:29 PM

388 posts, read 850,532 times

Advertisements

Today we had our second and final visit from local realtors associated with the SB plan at CC. Both were thorough in asking for data from us and taking pictures. Both said they would submit their findings to Barbara at the home office and then we wait to hear of her input before we pick which realtor to help us. One interesting note - Barbara said they are an independent company not owned by McKee but have been working with them for over 20 years. She said Mr McKee has very high standards and could have had another company assist their buyers but they have had a good relationship over the years. After we receive her info and suggested listing prices, I guess our next step is to contact one of the preferred lenders to give him a heads up that we are going to be listing soon. Both realtors asked us our time line and frankly we are quite open, no deadlines for us. I still am having uneasy feelings about when to allow McKee to start building (most options are up to us, as they should be) and Barbara assured me she has people at all different levels of activity - some start building right as they get an offer on their home, others wait till settlement. She said it is a matter of what is comfortable with us. As I have mentioned before, we are not too crazy about listing in summer but we shall see what we shall see......so far the SB program has been running smoothly and Barbara a pleasure to work with. Another note - both realtors commented on how strict and defined SB's guidelines were for them; they said they have worked with different relocation companies before but that SB was different in that they had to follow precise guidelines to benefit the seller. Good to hear. More to follow......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 05:01 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,977,694 times
Thanks for the update, LE. Continued good luck.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 PM

I just found out that McKee is running it's Smart Buyer program on Saturday, June 26. There is a morning session at Champions Club and the afternoon session is at Spring Arbor. I signed up to attend the morning session. From New York, it will be seven hours of driving for a two hour session - but I think it will be worth every minute!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 PM

40 posts, read 71,949 times
CWTR, about a month ago you had mentioned buying a counter depth refrigerator. I was just wondering how that worked out for you. I had no idea there was such a thing so I thank you for mentioning it. Another reason this forum is so valuable. I've been doing a little online shopping and it appears counter depth refrigerators may be a little taller than your standard fridge. The one my wife likes is just under 70" high. (Samsung 24 cu. ft.) This would not fit in my present home's kitchen. Was this a problem in your Austin? I'll be sure to measure the opening during my walkthrough tomorrow.

I know moving day is near for you. How are things going.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

124 posts, read 237,100 times
Hi Napa Joe,

I'm going to be @ CC tomorrow (Weds) if you're still in town. Coming over with a friend to bring one last load of breakables in my van and to see my new wood blinds (SusieC found the best blinds guy - we are thrilled with him!) and to see the five ceiling fans that the super nice CC "Handyman" installed for me last week. He's gonna be my new best friend (he can do electric, plumbing, everything; just what I need). My moving day is June 8 and I'm almost ready. I'm grateful to have had SO many things to do in these past three sad weeks. Went back to the Veterans Cemetery for the first time on Memorial Day. That didn't bother me as much as all the campers and RV's I saw going up and down the road. We were so looking forward to moving to CC then hitting the road in our 5th wheel.

Any way, my fridge is a GE Profile 24.6 CU FT Counter Depth side-by-side. Depth (excluding handles) is 27 1/8 and height to top of door hinge is 72 1/8 in. and it slid right into the fridge space in my Austin. We added 9 ft. ceilings and I have the tall cabinets. I was worried about the height but hubby had measured and re-measured and was sure it would fit and it did. I've been very pleased with the personal service at the big box home improvement store in Camden. The salesman Larry was very helpful. Now if I can just figure out how to dump the first load of ice tomorrow I'll be a happy camper. Heard you're supposed to fill two complete ice containers before you use the ice. Not sure what could be worse than the ice machine today at a fast food restaurant.....yuck. It's a miracle I'm alive after years and years of fast food meals 2-3 times a day.

Hey Charley and Marlene - looking forward to seeing you on the 26th!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
Hey Charley and Marlene - looking forward to seeing you on the 26th!
I'll be a solo act on that day. Very rare - but it happens.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 AM

135 posts, read 265,968 times
Well, it's official....we are CC's newest residents! Settlement (which took place at CC's sales office/very convenient) took all of 5 minutes. Signed a few papers, handed over lots of $$ and got the keys, etc. Very well organized. Hated to leave but we don't move in until the 8th (with CWTR).
Charley, so glad to hear we will see you before August. Kerry told us it's been very busy lately. Hopefully things are picking up. It's been a long journey and we were very fortunate to sell our home in 6 days. Pricing is key. Also, we really decluttered. Actually took out pieces of furniture which made the home look so much larger. Good luck to everyone.
McKee is a totally professional organization and Jeff, the project manager, is awesome.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,551,020 times
So glad everything went well Susie.

Our settlement at SM also went very smoothly, efficiently and surprisingly fast.
Had our walk through, signed the papers then the keys were ours. It's such an exciting moment. We never owned a brand new home before and this was like a dream come true.
Everytime someone goes thoughs this, I re live that wonderful moment.
Oh and Pool time today........(smile)

Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM

40 posts, read 71,949 times
Default Today's walkthrough

CWTR you were right, the opening for the fridge is 73' X 37 1/2". The new fridge will slip right in. I stopped by to introduce myself today after the walkthrough. At least I think I did. Are you at 51 Sahalee? I was there about 2:45 PM. Good luck Tuesday.

As usual Jeff is on top of all my concerns. Still a few things to take care of but we're on our way. One thing I'm worried about but Jeff assures me it will be alright, so I'll put my trust in him and see how it works out in the future. My poor wife had to work today so I took a lot of pictures for her. She also has to work the 9th, our closing date. I'll have to bring her down that weekend. (She can drive, my butt's killing me)

susieC and elizamary I hope my settlement goes as smoothly as yours.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:32 AM

124 posts, read 237,100 times
NapaJoe - Sorry I missed you yesterday! We had unloaded the car, admired the new wood blinds and ceiling fans and headed out to lunch. Ate the BEST Mexican meal ever at LaTonalteca (sp?). Very charming atmosphere and delicious guac. I WILL be home on the 9th, digging my way out of way too many boxes. Good luck with settlement.....takes 15 min. max.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware