U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 PM

1,222 posts, read 1,544,670 times

Advertisements

NY2DE,
I agree with the others who suggest you email each community to find out the days the sales manager is off and plan your visits accordingly. Because the weekends are very busy they usually work weekends and the sales managers usually take off Tues & Wed or Wed & Thurs.. You can still tour the model homes, but, you may not have someone there who can answer detailed questions you might have.

The only exception is if you plan a visit around a holiday, such as Memorial day or labor day. Many times a builder "closes" on the holiday to let their employees have time to spend with their families.

Mary2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM

560 posts, read 804,293 times
[b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE;[/B

Goin’2DE:

I’m a city boy and I really wouldn’t know the difference between the kinds of corn but of course the first mouthful would have been a rude awakening. LOL…Shoeless Joe?NY2DE

Remember "Field of Dreams"?...

Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM

75 posts, read 123,677 times
Okay, Roesville-Tammy’s off Tuesday and Wednesday, Champion’s Club- Ed is off Wednesday and Thursday. This is giving me the framework for my trip planning, thanks very much. Mary2014 has helped me tremendously in procuring a condo rental from which to launch my trip in comfort and without the worry of intermittent hotel weekend vacancy availability.

Kc50down:
Quote:
We are keeping an eye on Noble's Pond because of the pricing of their homes. We liked CC but the prices are creeping up and we do want to be able to afford upgrades
Well I can certainly understand that concern. But just yesterday I heard that home sales are almost at an all time low. So how can it be that some builders are raising their prices? I mean…it doesn’t make sense to me. One would think that they would lower costs if anything in an effort to stimulate sales. Of course lower within reason since the home owners already there would be concerned over their property value decreasing if the prices went below a certain threshold.

Little Eggplant:
Quote:
While hubby and I did make appointments before hand when we were at the visiting stage of the game, we would notice people without such appointments and they were treated just as cordially, however I am old school, I called!
Well, I agree and I’m also old school so I will call beforehand also.

NY2DE

Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
Well I can certainly understand that concern. But just yesterday I heard that home sales are almost at an all time low. So how can it be that some builders are raising their prices? I mean…it doesn’t make sense to me. One would think that they would lower costs if anything in an effort to stimulate sales. Of course lower within reason since the home owners already there would be concerned over their property value decreasing if the prices went below a certain threshold.
I actually wrote a clarifying post earlier then deleted it, but I see that clarification is necessary. I don't want to be viewed as a Champions Club spokesperson but because I have the following information, I think it's important to share.

At Champions Club, one of the Americana series, the Austin, was offered at one price. Then it was removed as an option. It was returned at a later date at a higher price. That model is the only one to experience a price increase. All the other models, are the same price they've been since the first day homes were offered for sale.

So there has not been any price creep at Champions Club, or for that matter at most of the other communities. Of the communities I've been watching, the following have not increased prices since January 2009 (other than that change in the Austin), Champions Club, Nobles Pond and Southern Meadows. Independence actually dropped their prices slightly and Spring Meadows seems to have dropped their prices significantly.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:12 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I actually wrote a clarifying post earlier then deleted it, but I see that clarification is necessary. I don't want to be viewed as a Champions Club spokesperson but because I have the following information, I think it's important to share.

At Champions Club, one of the Americana series, the Austin, was offered at one price. Then it was removed as an option. It was returned at a later date at a higher price. That model is the only one to experience a price increase. All the other models, are the same price they've been since the first day homes were offered for sale.

So there has not been any price creep at Champions Club, or for that matter at most of the other communities. Of the communities I've been watching, the following have not increased prices since January 2009 (other than that change in the Austin), Champions Club, Nobles Pond and Southern Meadows. Independence actually dropped their prices slightly and Spring Meadows seems to have dropped their prices significantly.
They haven't increased their prices but they do offer great incentives. Southen Meadow had a program that ran shortly where as you get 13K in up grades plus a golf cart.
Another one they had was free lot rent for a year.
All the communities are incompetition with each other and are fighting for sales.
No one community is selling out as far as I can see. Not sure about the others but SM is holding their own. Got another new resident to welcome today.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
NY2DE
Mortgage rates are the lowest they've been in decades, but loans are harder to come by. Builders are facing increasing costs for materials and labor. Although prices on existing homes seem to be stabilizing somewhat, it's fair to assume that prices on new construction will slowly rise. Developers may offer "incentives" but they must be careful not to devalue homes already in existence in their communities.

I suppose it would be nice to have a golf cart, and maybe a free fireplace or sunroom, but they would certainly not entice me to buy a particular home...especially if they were not on my original list of requirements. I would ask myself "why are they offering free stuff?". It seems wiser to me to consider those communities that are succeeding without sales gimmicks. Sorry if my tone is a bit cynical and harsh, but I think it's important to be realistic when it comes to a major investment like a home.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 AM

As I see it, they all have their gimmicks one way or another especially in todays market.
CC and Noble ponds had a particlar home with a great special. Some were disappointed cuz they missed the one at CC.
Another was in love with the one at nobles.
They are all out for the sales so don't let them kid you.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
CC and Noble ponds had a particlar home with a great special. Some were disappointed cuz they missed the one at CC.
The one at CC (the Austin) is available once again.

You're right. Most have their "gimmicks" or "incentives" or whatever you want to call them. However, it's not just in the housing industry just uses them. Departments stores have their door-buster sales, Mom and Pop shops have their sidewalk sales, restaurants have their early-bird specials and everyone uses coupons when they can. It's called sales marketing and it's as old as the hills. I heard that the original price of Manhattan island was $30, but Peter Minuet had a coupon for 20% off!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 AM

Of course charley.....everyone has them,

gotta market the product.

In the end it is up or should be up to the consumer to know what you want, can afford, like, whats important and will be happy with before you buy,.
Consumers have a responsiblity too.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Of course charley.....everyone has them,

gotta market the product.

In the end it is up or should be up to the consumer to know what you want, can afford, like, whats important and will be happy with before you buy,.
Consumers have a responsiblity too.

That's the bottom line, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware