U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 AM

75 posts, read 78,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
The walk through went well even though the dry wall wasn't yet completed. It's kind of a good thing because the electricians forgot to install the wiring for the ceiling fan and switch in the master BR. Other than that it's looking good...

...Hubby rented a storage place in Felton so we can move some of our own stuff up there before the big move.
I'll keep you posted.
Goin'2DE
That’s great Goin’2DE, glad all went well. Yes, done right the first time is better and less inconvenient and messy. And so the process of actually moving commences…good luck with that.

Does anyone use Verizon wifi on their laptop and does it work well in the Delaware area? Thinking of buying into a two year contract but would like to know first if it has any problems out that way before committing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,246,645 times
Having never built a home before, I'm a little confused. Shouldn't a PRE-drywall inspection be an inspection without any drywall on the wall? I would think you'd want to check the framing, see the plumbing, vent and exhaust pipes, the HVAC system connections, the insulation, the wiring, etc, before the drywall covers it all up. That's the stuff I want to see before it gets closed in. Can someone set me straight? Thanks.

Last edited by Gone-2-Beach; 08-25-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 PM

558 posts, read 500,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Having never built a home before, I'm a little confused. Shouldn't a PRE-drywall inspection be an inspection without any drywall on the wall? I would think you'd want to check the framing, see the plumbing, vent and exhaust pipes, the HVAC system connections, the insulation, the wiring, etc, before the drywall covers it all up. That's the stuff I want to see before it gets closed in. Can someone set me straight? Thanks.
You are correct. This was the pre-drywall inspection and that's the reason hubby noticed the fan wiring/switch had not been done. Yes, HVAC ducts/connections, plumbing, vents, wiring, cable outlets, outdoor hose bibs, and outlets,etc. were all in place. Framing structure is sound and the roof is done.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You are correct. This was the pre-drywall inspection and that's the reason hubby noticed the fan wiring/switch had not been done. Yes, HVAC ducts/connections, plumbing, vents, wiring, cable outlets, outdoor hose bibs, and outlets,etc. were all in place. Framing structure is sound and the roof is done.
You're getting that PEX tubing for plumbing (the red and blue individual lines). I do like that system.

I'm glad it went well for you. Did you get a chance to meet any future neighbors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
You're getting that PEX tubing for plumbing (the red and blue individual lines). I do like that system.

I'm glad it went well for you. Did you get a chance to meet any future neighbors?
Yes we are getting that plumbing system. We've heard it's a good system. Combined with the tankless hot water system, it should be quite a nice plan. As you know, Roesville is known for it's "green" energy solutions.
We've met a couple of our new neighbors. I've been in email contact regularly with one couple. They've been very helpful with ideas and suggestions for utilities, shopping, etc. We will also be installing a well for irrigation purposes shortly after we move in. Several in the community have already done so. Seems the water rates in DE are a bit high, so watering the lawn could get costly without a well.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 PM

741 posts, read 1,060,216 times
This should be a sticky thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
This should be a sticky thread

Oh really? How so?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Oh really? How so?
A "sticky" thread is one that is anchored to the top of a forum so that regardless of the activities in the other threads, the "sticky" thread always remains on top. The first two threads in this Delaware forum are "stickies".

Old 08-27-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
A "sticky" thread is one that is anchored to the top of a forum so that regardless of the activities in the other threads, the "sticky" thread always remains on top. The first two threads in this Delaware forum are "stickies".

OK, I guess.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:41 PM

75 posts, read 78,782 times
LOL…”sticky thread”…the reference being that the thread contains enough important information that it should be easily located so that everyone has access to it. From that perspective I would have to agree with Raven302.

Does anyone know how good the reception is for Verizon wifi in the Delaware area? I would hate to commit to a two year wifi contract only to find out later, if I decide to move there, that the reception sucks.

Oh…yes finally received my mortgage pre-approval letter which should be helpful when it comes time for negotiations and I’m putting together a general questions list to ask when I go visit in September. Knowing that aside from the ones I already have, I’ll probably forget to ask some important question so I’m now opened to all suggestions on what to ask the sales reps. If it helps any for questions concerning personal living style…although I love animals, I’m allergic to cats, dogs and horses…so I needn’t concern myself with pet areas. Thanks to all in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware