U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,978,212 times

Advertisements

Goiní2DE - good luck. I hope your move goes as smooth as silk. Looking forward to your return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 13,688 times
Default Nobles Pond vs. Champions Club

Hi,

My husband and I currently live in New England, and are thinking about relocating to DE to be closer to family members. We have spent some time looking at over 55, as well as non-age restricted communities in DE. We recently looked at Noble's Pond and Champions Club and would love to hear from anyone who is currently living in one or the other??? Both communities were lovely, but we're not sure that the a land lease community is what we want. Any information would be wonderful!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 AM

388 posts, read 850,787 times
Mary K - welcome to our lively board. As far as I know, no one on this thread lives at Nobles Pond but there are 3-4 people who do live at Champions' Club and they do chime in. If you really want an in-depth look into the 55+ community issue, I suggest sitting down in a comfy chair and reading this whole thread from its beginning. LOTS of info and discussions re:land lease and fee simple.

By the way, I, too, am from New England, Maine to be exact. Where are you writing from? Again, welcome!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM

28 posts, read 77,985 times
Dear folks, esp. NY2DE, thanks so much for all the information. I will try to digest it this evening.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 AM

560 posts, read 804,797 times
Hi all. Woohoo...we're here in Delaware. The move went smoothly, nothing broken, nothing lost. We are having a bit of a delay setting up our highspeed internet, TV and phone service with Verizon. We're the "pioneers" on our street so some final connections still have to be made. Right now I'm using the WiFi in the sales center.
The house is just perfect, the lawn looks gorgeous, absolutely no complaints. Today's note will be brief because I do have to get home and continue what seems like the endless unpacking and organizing. I'll post again in a few days.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:34 AM

16 posts, read 24,654 times
Goin'2DE...congrats on your safe move!!! Hope the unpacking goes fast!!! Hope you get your internet up and running soon...

Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 AM

4,129 posts, read 13,279,501 times
Glad everything is going so smoothly, am sure Verizon service will be fine soon too. Happy unpacking <G>.

We too made our decision. While we really liked both Roesville and Champions Club and had visited both many times over many months, ultimately we went further south and bought in FL (not in The Villages alth. we did the lifestyle visit and liked it a lot). The house we chose <drumroll, reminds me of Househunters> is 5 years old and is in a nice community and location. There's a lovely clubhouse and 2 pools (one heated, one not) and the house has a large lanai as well, quite a few stores and restaurants in the area too. Met more ppl there in a few short days than all the yr we've lived north but that may be b/c ppl are out more b/c the weather is so good (so far, anyway, LOL). The big drawback is that we have to walk our dogs which isn't too convenient in the middle of the nite but it's doable. We also got more house in FL than we w/h in DE - but the prices weren't rock bottom, they seemed to hold their own in the communities we looked at - and of course taxes aren't as low as in DE. Will have to get used to the hot summers and the long drives back but overall, we're happy and are looking forward to living there soon.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:11 AM

124 posts, read 237,138 times
Goin'2DE - congrats on your new home! Let us know when you're ready to meet your CC friends and we'll do lunch!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,978,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Hi all. Woohoo...we're here in Delaware.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
We too made our decision.
... and congratulations again. Coming to a decision is not easy. I hope you have many years of health and happiness in Florida - and may you enjoy the same Woohoo that Goin'2DE is enjoying right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
Goin'2DE - congrats on your new home! Let us know when you're ready to meet your CC friends and we'll do lunch!!!
Goin'2DE - you'll love them! If I were close enough, I'd join them for lunch every opportunity I had!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:25 PM

3 posts, read 5,640 times
Unhappy Chicken facility odor

Hi from RI. Just found this forum and haven't been able to read the entire blog, but I have found very useful information so far. We are thinking about selling our home up here in Westerly, RI and relocating to DE. Not sure yet if we will end up in a 55+ community or just a regular property.
I do wood carving as a hobby now and I hope to continue when I retire and possibly supplement our income by selling some of the carvings. I am concerned about retirement communities having restrictions on in-home businesses, as I do generate some noise when I power carve. I'm thinking we would need a larger lot so I can have a separate workshop detached from the house. I haven't visited any 55+ communities, and I was wondering if anyone knows of potential problems with my future plans in any of the dicussed communities. I might have to go off the coast to get enough land to do my work and not bother my neighbors.
Which brings up another question. How far from a chicken facility does one have to be to avoid the unpleasant odor generated at these facilities?
When driving through DE on the way back and forth to NC, we were assaulted by strong odors, but couldn't pinpoint the origin.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, and good luck and good health to all the new home owners I have been reading about!
Smooth Seas & Fair Winds
Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware