U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
I have never strayed from AT&T/Verizon for phone services. Has anyone had a positive experience with a cable company providing phone? Hubby and I are some of the few remaining dinosaurs that need/like a landline phone.
I can't address the specifics of Comcast or Delaware, but I'm using Cablevision for phone without difficulty. I was a Verizon customer for 43 years before making the switch about a year ago. The service is just as good and the quality of the call is actually slightly clearer. We're pretty sure that we'll be Comcast customers when we arrive in Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 6,211 times
Default Comcast internet/cable and landline (Phila)

I'm still living in Philadelphia (for, unfortunately, another 2 years) and am doing my research on a move to an over 55 community in Delaware.

Anyway, I switched to Comcast's Triple Play about 6 months ago and it's been wonderful! I had a power outage lasting about 5 hours during the summer and, with the modem having a backup battery, I had no problem with my landline not working.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:34 PM
EdB

24 posts, read 38,755 times
Prior to our move to Champion's Club in September, I was a Realtor in NJ for over 8 years. I still keep tabs on the market and as everyone already knows, it's bad.........very bad. Even when the market was hot, one of the priciples that applies to pricing your home is this: It doesn't matter what you want for you house, or even what you "need" for your house. The only think that counts is what the "Market" is willing to pay for the house. When I sold our home in NJ, it was on the market less than 90 days. I priced it just a few thousand dollars over what the last two homes in my development sold for (even though we had an addition and more upgrades). The bottom line is if you don't price aggressively, you have to be prepared to wait and wait and wait. So each person has to balance how long they are willing to wait vs how low to price the home, if you really, really want to make the move.
Remeber: "There isn't anything wrong with a house that "price" can't fix.
Best of luck to all of you who are waiting for that phone call......"we have a contract".

Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM

560 posts, read 805,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
DirectTV! They have not put in their FIOS cables yet? Wow. Didn't know that.

I notice you still have "Virginia" in your location listing. Time to update?

I'm hoping to see your lawn someday too, but I have a feeling that by the time we make our next trip, we'll be looking at that white stuff instead. (Can't bear to say the "s" word just yet.)

I hope while you are unpacking and paneling, you're still having an opportunity to meet and enjoy new friendships with your neighbors.
No FIOS yet. Rumors are that it might be a couple of years...dang!
I updated my profile. Thanks for reminding me.
And yes, we have met several of our new neighbors. We won't be alone on our street for long. Two settlements are scheduled in the next couple of weeks and there is another lot sold, and three under deposit.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:01 AM

560 posts, read 805,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
I have never strayed from AT&T/Verizon for phone services. Has anyone had a positive experience with a cable company providing phone? Hubby and I are some of the few remaining dinosaurs that need/like a landline phone.
We have a landline also, but just for local calling. I just hate giving too many people my cellphone number. It's too annoying to have sales and marketers, and others calling me when I'm out.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
I updated my profile. Thanks for reminding me.
Felton? I must be losing my mind. I thought for sure Roesville was in Frederica. Is the mailing address actually Felton?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:20 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,318,057 times
We just switched our phone service to Comcast from Verizon, because much better deal with Comcast (we already had Comcast for cable tv and internet). Verizon also recently allowed an unauthorized charge to our phone bill by some scam company registered in Wilmington but apparently operating out of India that claims to sell some sort of phone-conferencing service. This charge for their service got put on our Verizon bill even though we'd never heard of the company and had never had any contact with them. Verizon did, I should say, readily agree to drop the charge and to investigate the pirate company.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Verizon also recently allowed an unauthorized charge to our phone bill by some scam company registered in Wilmington but apparently operating out of India that claims to sell some sort of phone-conferencing service. This charge for their service got put on our Verizon bill even though we'd never heard of the company and had never had any contact with them. Verizon did, I should say, readily agree to drop the charge and to investigate the pirate company.
That is exactly why we left Verizon after 43 years. Different company, some unknown antivirus product, and they were very reluctant to remove the charge. They finally did - and then I removed them. Verizon's service was never a problem, but their billing is the worst I've ever encountered.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 AM

Just out of curiosity, have the kids of Delaware found the 55+ communities yet for trick or treating?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM

124 posts, read 237,317 times
Hi Charley - Not one Trick or Treater for me @ CC. So guess I'm eating all the Reesie cups! Just wanted to post per Ed @ the CC office that this time last year he had 17 contingent contracts and this year he has three! This should be very encouraging to all of you who currently have your house on the market or will be putting it on the market soon. As a retired Realtor I've read all the recent comments about pricing your home and I wholeheartedly concur - come on the market at almost the lowest price your Realtor reflected in your Market Analysis. CC is a flurry of construction progress right now and my little court has three homes coming out of the ground. Anxious for some more wonderful neighbors........our social calendars are full and we are havin' a ball. Retirement is A*W*E*S*O*M*E!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware