U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM

560 posts, read 805,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Congratulations! Does the safety inspection happen at DMV?
Everything in one place. We did our licenses first, then outside...across the parking lot...to the inspection station, then back inside to do the register thing. The place is easy to find on Rt 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Everything in one place. We did our licenses first, then outside...across the parking lot...to the inspection station, then back inside to do the register thing. The place is easy to find on Rt 1.
That's great. I wish New York would make things that easy, but 602 days from now, I won't care about how New York does things anymore (not that I'm counting, you understand ... lol).

Haven't made my hotel reservations yet but it's looking like Dec 29, 30, 31 for our next whirlwind visit. My daughter is already lined up to stay here and take care of our cat.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM

7,355 posts, read 10,792,272 times
Quote:
OK it's official. We are now residents of Delaware. We went to DMV today to get our new driver's licenses and register the cars. All in all it was a pleasant experience. We didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes each place for license, safety inspection, and registration. Also registered to vote. The atmosphere was well organized and the personnel were very nice. No mishaps and no horror stories. DMV in DE gets an A+ from us.
Congratulations, Goin'2DE A/K/A "Here in DE"
When I read a message like yours, I have 2 thoughts:

1) This is News?

and

2) I guess we really ARE different from other places, because everything's simple in Delaware

But.....They must be slipping! I've never had to wait 10 minutes!
One more thing....DMV is also open Wednesday evenings.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I guess we really ARE different from other places, because everything's simple in Delaware
In the New York DMV, you're lucky if you get out of the DMV within an hour, if the computers haven't gone down, and if the payment system isn't quirky. Two of the last three transactions I had here in New York had to be done in two different phases because the payment computers were down at the time. Also, the inspections are done by "some" service stations (the ones that have purchased the equipment) and in most cases you need an appointment. The stations don't like doing "just the inspection" because they make no money on the transaction. So they look for things that are wrong in order to fail the car and cause you to pay for anything from lightbulb replacement to a new catalytic converter. Yes, things are MUCH simpler in Delaware.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Just one little quirk I picked up
Location of DMV is actually on Bay Road (A/K/A Rt. 113) which turns into Rt. 1.
I know, nit-picky.
Directions
The DMV is on Transportation Circle, behind the DELDOT building on Rt. 113, just South of the Rt. 13 and 113 split.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Just one little quirk I picked up
Location of DMV is actually on Bay Road (A/K/A Rt. 113) which turns into Rt. 1.
I know, nit-picky.
Directions
The DMV is on Transportation Circle, behind the DELDOT building on Rt. 113, just South of the Rt. 13 and 113 split.
You are correct once again But the location is clearly identified with signs and directions.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
In the New York DMV, you're lucky if you get out of the DMV within an hour, Also, the inspections are done by "some" service stations (the ones that have purchased the equipment)....
Similar situation in VA. Lesson learned there NEVER wait 'til near the end of the month unless you carry your lunch and a good book.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
You are correct once again But the location is clearly identified with signs and directions.
We know the location of DMV as: Across the street, catty-corner, from where the Blue Hen Mall used to be.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 AM

Quote:
We know the location of DMV as: Across the street, catty-corner, from where the Blue Hen Mall used to be.
I've never seen a blue hen.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I've never seen a blue hen.
Oh, o.k. Here's a picture of our State Bird, and a little history.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-17-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware