U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM

7,360 posts, read 10,799,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I must be blind. I've been looking at their website and I can't find it. I'll keep plugging away at it.
I don't think we're permitted to post their web address here. Fee quoted is "less than $200/year" which could be $199.00
They have one leasehold property for sale there with fees totaling $4,800 per year. I have no idea why the discrepency, since other leaseholds are $175/month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 03:05 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,989,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I don't think we're permitted to post their web address here. Fee quoted is "less than $200/year" which could be $199.00
They have one leasehold property for sale there with fees totaling $4,800 per year. I have no idea why the discrepency, since other leaseholds are $175/month.
$400 was the "land lease" HOA about a year ago. Assuming that it didn't change, that would explain the $4,800.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 PM

7,360 posts, read 10,799,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
$400 was the "land lease" HOA about a year ago. Assuming that it didn't change, that would explain the $4,800.
Oh, I see. That one is a re-sale. All of the active leaseholds are multi listed. Fee Simple ones are not multi listed at this point.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 AM

560 posts, read 805,792 times
Looks like we're going to get lots of snow on our new home today/tonight. Still have the Christmas lights outside, so we should get a few nice photos.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 AM

75 posts, read 123,879 times
I was wondering how Delaware was fairing with this storm. Here in NYC we’re expecting 15”.
Would be nice Goin'2DE if it were possible for you to post those pictures somewhere for us to see. BTW, happy holidays everyone.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:14 PM

388 posts, read 853,153 times
Yes, would love to see pix of Roesville or anybody's home in all its winter glory down there. Here in ME our snow starts tonight, calling for 10-16". Good thing I don't have to work tomorrow!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 AM

560 posts, read 805,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
I was wondering how Delaware was fairing with this storm. Here in NYC we’re expecting 15”.
Would be nice Goin'2DE if it were possible for you to post those pictures somewhere for us to see. BTW, happy holidays everyone.
BRRRR...such a sunlit but blustery day here at Roesville. It is way too windy for me to go out to take pix, but I'll fill you in with words.
Most importantly the power, TV cable and internet remained ON except for one "blink" of about 30 seconds. Living here on such a windy, snow blowing day reminds me of what it must be like to live in "OOOOOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes blowing down the plain..."(or something like that).
Yes, the snowplow came by and yes the guys shovelled our front walk as per HOA plan. Unfortunately they did the work last evening at about 10:30 while the snow was still coming down at a fast and furious rate...DUH! This morning, as the sun shines and the snow blows "across the plain", we have drifts across our walk and the cul-de-sac once again. (I wonder if they'll be back today?) I'm guessing we had 6-8 inches of snowfall but, because of the wind, there are bare spots and places with 4 ft drifts, so it's impossible to be accurate.
We haven't been out, but most of the roads are probably difficult to navigate with the snow drifting like it is. I imagine that there are slippery spots even on the main highways.
All-in-all we are quite happy living here. We moved to DE because we wanted to settle in an area that is known for 4 seasons' climate. Looks like we're into the winter season right on time. I do need to get out and buy a good pair of snowboots soon, however!
I'm curious...anyone on here from CC? Fill us in on how things are with you.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 AM

388 posts, read 853,153 times
Thanks, Goin'2DE, for your update from Roesville. Your description was very thorough and apparently the wind is everywhere as I look out my Maine window and see snow blowing sideways. We only got about 7-8", much less than the "predicted" 16". Why do we believe these weather guys?? Anyway, thanks again for your input, would still love to see a picture when you aren't in danger of being blown over to CC! It is winter after all, must put up with it. Oh, as someone once mentioned (Charley, I believe), you had better change your on-screen name - you are no longer "goin'", you're already there! Hope to join your ranks this new year.....

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 PM

75 posts, read 123,879 times
Thank you for that update Goin’2DE…very descriptive and pretty much what we see here in NYC…with the drifts. Here in Queens we got the predicted 15.5”. Parts of Brooklyn got 24” and Central Park got 20”. They say we have 4’ to 5’ snow drifts and the wind is kicking. From listening to the news they’re saying things are pretty bad here transportation wise. All the airports are shut down and several lines of the subway transit system are also down. They’re asking everyone to stay indoors and that sounds like a wise idea to me. Yes, I would like to hear from some of the other communities as well. Um, time for a hot cup of cocoa.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 AM

124 posts, read 237,359 times
At CC in Magnolia we received about 6 in. of snow but some of the drifts were measured in feet! How wonderful it was yesterday to have the streets plowed and my driveway, sidewalk and front porch cleared! I love living in a community where you know this service will be provided for you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware