U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
If anyone doesn't lke this thread.....Don't read it......it's really that simple.

This thread has also helped a lot people who plan to relocate to De to spend their glorious golden years. I just wish it was there when we decided 4 years go. even though we have been here 4 years......this thead has also helped me in learning a thing or two. Always keep an open mind.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:13 AM

560 posts, read 804,236 times
Quote:
Wyoming De is a nice little town. Did you go to Witt meatmarket?
Actually we are looking for a good butcher shop. We'd like to stock up the freezer. Do you highly recommend the "Witt meatmarket"? Or do you know another good place to shop for meats and frozen foods? Sure do hate to pay grocery store prices.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 AM

33 posts, read 50,004 times
Quote:
InDEmywholelife......

Yes I live in SM. I assume you mean did we do the the sleep over? The answer is no.. We were the sixth residents to move in. Was so new then and more than half the homes weren't even here. It has grown thats for sure.
To my knowledge the do not charge for the sleep over. Get a nice dinner out of it too along with a bottle of wine and goodies in the fridge.
Not a bad deal and under NO obligation...........give them a call. They are starting up again in march.
Good luck
Thanks Elizamary

Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 AM

7,324 posts, read 10,752,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Yes, rather like a broken record.
I don't think it's like a broken record, at all. It is a very useful tool for those specifically searching for that type of community. Having said that, I find that it is more of a chat thread....a friendly group of people supporting one another, as they venture step-by-step through their adventurous journeys. Whatever it is, it's popular.

I do however, think it should be monitored as other threads are. So many comments and questions would be helpful to many people thinking about moving to Delaware, and even those currently living in Delaware, not just 55+ 'ers. Some good general information about Delaware is buried in the 55+ thread that others may not see, because the title "55+ communities" doesn't interest all members of the Delaware Forum. For instance......Where's the best ______? Where's the closest _______? Example: LEPlant started a new thread asking about Drive-In Movies, which was great! There have been many threads already started, and more that could be started which are, and could be helpful to all members of the Delaware Forum, not just the 55+ thread.

Last edited by rdlr; 02-19-2011 at 07:44 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I don't think it's like a broken record, at all.
I'd agree, I don't think it has been very repeatative at all.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Actually we are looking for a good butcher shop. We'd like to stock up the freezer. Do you highly recommend the "Witt meatmarket"? Or do you know another good place to shop for meats and frozen foods? Sure do hate to pay grocery store prices.
I went a few times but, and this is just me......I didn't care for it too much. It was okay.
However, there are many people who do like it and it's worth a trip to form your own opinion.

Another butcher......HAAS in Dover is good. Been there and did like it but too far out of the way for me.

We like Spences Bazzar for some great meats. Got to try it.

ONly 3 days a week it is open. I know friday and Sat are two and I think the other is Tues.
Worth the trip

Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I don't think it's like a broken record, at all. It is a very useful tool for those specifically searching for that type of community. Having said that, I find that it is more of a chat thread....a friendly group of people supporting one another, as they venture step-by-step through their adventurous journeys. Whatever it is, it's popular.

I do however, think it should be monitored as other threads are. So many comments and questions would be helpful to many people thinking about moving to Delaware, and even those currently living in Delaware, not just 55+ 'ers. Some good general information about Delaware is buried in the 55+ thread that others may not see, because the title "55+ communities" doesn't interest all members of the Delaware Forum. For instance......Where's the best ______? Where's the closest _______? Example: LEPlant started a new thread asking about Drive-In Movies, which was great! There have been many threads already started, and more that could be started which are, and could be helpful to all members of the Delaware Forum, not just the 55+ thread.
This is definately true RDLR and a case of People should start other threads on the topics they find interesting.
Thats is what I would do.
and many people have...

Last edited by elizamary; 02-19-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Well said!
Thanks Charlie. I always believed if you dont' like how someone posts, just don't read it. That simple.

BTW......congrats to you and Marlene on your up coming plans. That is wonderful and exciting.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times
Quote:
Thanks Charlie. I always believed if you dont' like how someone posts, just don't read it. That simple.

BTW......congrats to you and Marlene on your up coming plans. That is wonderful and exciting.
Thanks so much. It's been a long, strange trip but we're on our way!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Hey elizamary I called southern meadow the other day and spoke to I think she said.... verna? was her name. We talked for a little while and she told me she is new at the community and she is the activities something-rather and management, I think that's what she said anyway. I was calling to ask about the sleep on it, but I have to figure out what to do with my dog first. Anyway, do you like this "new" position? Or should I say person? She seemed nice enough to me, but I just wanted to ask you what you thought since you live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware