U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 AM

3 posts, read 12,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Hi Steve,

Wild Meadows and Nobles Pond do not allow fences. Most 55+ communities that I have seen do not. The reason is that these facilities provide lawn mowing services and it's easier for the person providing the service to mow the entire block at one time rather than mow each individual property between the fences (and then come back and weed-whack around fences).

Hope this helps.

Charley
Thanks Charley. This confirms what I thought also. I'm hoping they become fond of a leash if they plan on relocating to a 55+ here that allows pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,547,986 times
[quote=SBCentury21;2089373]Thanks Charley. This confirms what I thought also. I'm hoping they become fond of a leash if they plan on relocating to a 55+ here that allows pets.[/QUOT

If you have a dog, you must walk the dog, unfortunately. The do around here. A cat is much easier.
Also, have them check cuz sometimes you can NOT have a large dog. Best to check before you move.
And
If the dog is annoying with barking constantly, you may be asked to remove the animal.

It is a good Idea to ask for the community rules before you sign on the dotted line.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 12,742 times
Sound advice ElizaMary. Thank you.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 AM

7,327 posts, read 10,758,419 times
SB,
I guess it depends on whether the 55+ community lots are held in fee simple, or leasehold. From what I've seen, if you must rent the lot, no fences allowed. But I'm not the final word, by any means. Each Homeowners Association drafts their own recorded restrictions, and each differs. If I find more information, I'll let you know.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,975,390 times
While visiting Delaware on this trip, I stopped by Nobles Pond with my list of questions. One of the questions that was asked was about snow removal. Here is the answer. Snow is removed for all common areas, including roadways and sidewalks. The small path the leads from the side to your porch, which is only a few square feet is your responsibility as is your driveway. So there will still be a little shoveling for the future of those folks who land at Nobles Pond.

I don't know if I ever reported on this before, but when you look at ANY models, be aware that what you are seeing may include amenities that are not part of the basic house, including additional lighting, fireplaces, oversized windows, etc. Be sure that you review the standard amenities lists of each community and then ask for the "a la carte" menu where you can see the additional cost of the extra items. If we choose Nobles Pond, and that seems to be number one on our list right now, we will choose a few of the extras, but not many. You can definitely enjoy a beautiful home with the standard features supplied.

The above note is true of ALL communities, not just Nobles Pond. I don't think I ever mentioned it before so I thought I'd report on it for you now.

Charley

Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,547,986 times
Hi Charley
You are correct about the snow removal Charley. We only have a short walkway so there is no problem for us but some of our residents complain. They are the ones in the complain section. LOL
some complain cuz they cut our grass but do not take care of our garden.
No problem for us and like you, we found out all these facts before hand.
the amnemities as well.
Debbie acually told us when we visited the models. She let us know what was standard or extra. We also received a list of standard and options.
Some of our residents in the complain section were mad because they did not get showers equipped with handicap bars because of it being a 55+/
What they dont' realize is this is an ACTIVE adult community.
Anyway, great report Charley.
And wonderful meeting you and your family again

Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsmk View Post
Hi All,
I came across this forum a couple of months ago but this is my first time joining in. My husband and I live in Connecticut and are seriously thinking of moving to Delaware when I retire in a couple of years. We found this site so helpful and we looked at many of the places mentioned when we were down a couple of weeks ago. We hope to go down again for a week in April. We love the ocean so one of the decisions we made is that we want to live in Sussex County near the ocean so that eliminates many of the places mentioned in this forum. We will continue to look at over 55 communities and non-age restricted communities. Several people have told us that there are so many over 55 people living in Delaware that even if you buy in a non-age restricted community, there will probably be many over 55 people there anyway. We are thinking of looking at Bethany Beach, Fenwick and Selbyville when we go down again. Also, someone recently mentioned Baywood to us. We would love to hear any information anyone has about places closer to the ocean.
Thanks to everyone out there who has given us so much wonderful information.
By the way, we did go to Independence and there was a salesperson in the office. She was very nice. The models were not quite ready so we did not see them but I believe they opened at the end of September.
Thanks again for all your help,
Sheila K.

Sheila K.
I live in a great neighborhood called Cripple Creek Golf and Country Club located just a few miles west of Bethany Beach. There are single family homes and townhomes (golf villas). Amenities include outdoor swimming and tennis, golf club house, private golf course, restaurant and lounge. There are always activities in the club house including exercise classes, bridge and parties. It is not a 55+ community but it sure feels like one. There are many retired folks who are really active and friendly. There are so many nice neighborhoods just like this one with active adults who live here year round.
Good luck with your search.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 AM
RWH

145 posts, read 80,428 times
Charlie, can you tell me what the lot fee is at Nobles Pond? Joyce and I are planning a visit sometime in February. We are trying to get as much information as we can before getting there.

Thanks,
Ron

Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,975,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWH View Post
Charlie, can you tell me what the lot fee is at Nobles Pond? Joyce and I are planning a visit sometime in February. We are trying to get as much information as we can before getting there.
Hi Ron, Hi Joyce,

The lot fee, including the homeowner association dues (clubhouse, snow, mowing, pool, etc) is $400 per month, payable at the beginning of each year and prorated for people who move in mid-year. That was the 2007 rate and Anne-Marie told me that for now, it's remaining the same for 2008.

The website is located at Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed. and has lots of information. Remember that while the models are absolutely gorgeous, remember that some of the things you see are extra and not included with the "basic" amenities.

Please tell Anne-Marie that "Charley and Marlene" say hello. Also, please let us know what you think after you see them. I have my opinion, but definitely welcome the views from other eyes!

Good luck.

Charley

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-09-2010 at 02:07 PM..

Old 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
RWH

145 posts, read 80,428 times
Thanks Charlie. I'll be sure to let you know what we think. I hadn't thought about the fees being due all at one time. I wonder if the other communities are the same way. I'll have to remember to ask that question from now on.

Ron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware