Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM

137 posts, read 313,540 times

Advertisements

...but only found two at the open house Saturday. Charlie, I did find your lot--you will have a nice view! I know you are so excited and can't wait for the year to go by.

I was happy to find Can't Wait to Retire and Susie C--what delightful ladies! Ed, I don't know if you had a flag on your mailbox or not, but I couldn't find anybody else.

Was wondering how your bbq went when that rain storm started, but it sounds like you all coped exceedingly well.

Hasn't the weather the past few days been glorious? Wish we could keep it this way....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM
EdB

24 posts, read 44,610 times
Ed, I don't know if you had a flag on your mailbox or not, but I couldn't find anybody else.

Was wondering how your bbq went when that rain storm started, but it sounds like you all coped exceedingly well.

Sorry, Sandollar, I didn't have a flag out. My house is almost directly across the street from Charlie's lot, the beige Broadmoor.
The rain didn't really bother us at all. When the rain started, everyone was either in the clubhouse or under the covered area behind the clubhouse near the pool. It really was an outstanding day.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:23 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Thanks so much, Goin'2DE. It's a great location that sits right smack in the middle of what I call the "golden diamond". At the four points of that diamond are the clubhouse, my friend "From PA", my friend "Susie C" and my friend "Retired & Lovin' It" (formerly known as "Can't Wait to Retire"). For Marlene and me, it's the perfect spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdB View Post
My house is almost directly across the street from Charlie's lot
... and EdB across the street? It just keeps getting better!!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 PM

25 posts, read 47,653 times
sanddollar - thanks SO much for stopping by my house Saturday during the CC Open House event! I wanted to spend more time talking to you but as you could see my little house was full of lookers. We definitely have to get our local group together to get acquainted (and hopefully some folks who are still in their decision-making process could join us). Know for sure we will when our fearless leader Charley gets here!

Old 06-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired & Lovin' It View Post
our fearless leader Charley gets here!
Oh my. I'm not so sure about "fearless leader". Remember, when we finally arrive, I'll be the newbie in town. But the thought about getting together is always a good one. Anyone available July 14 or 15? We'll be in for our decorator options meeting ... and a little relaxation.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 AM

4 posts, read 6,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
... and EdB across the street? It just keeps getting better!!
wait till you get here it gets even better

Old 06-17-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertca View Post
wait till you get here it gets even better
Counting the days! Only two things stand in the way - my wife's retirement (June 22, 2012) and a buyer for my house!

Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 AM

6 posts, read 12,705 times
My wife and I would very much like to hear from residents of other communities. Seems that Champions' Club and Roesville get the bulk of the posters and comments and yet there are many other 55+ communities out there that are never heard from and we are bewildered by that fact. We have toured Independence and Heritage Shores and Barclay Farms yet never hear a peep from their residents. Are they so busy and so happy that they don't have time to post? I ask that tongue-in-cheek but maybe someone has an answer? It is disheartening as we have done lots of online research and visited several communities but feel that the "personal touch" of actual residents' contributions are not being heard. This will not deter us on our mission to find an eventual home in Delaware. It just would be nice to have an even-handed presentation from many communities. Roesville and Champions' Club are both wonderful communities and they have avid supporters, just wonder where the "others" are?

Old 06-18-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominnyc View Post
It just would be nice to have an even-handed presentation from many communities. Roesville and Champions' Club are both wonderful communities and they have avid supporters, just wonder where the "others" are?
It's not really a matter of even-handedness. There are some communities that are never represented here because residents of those communities have never found City-Data (or found us and have remained quiet) and/or those who participate on this forum have, for the most part, chosen Champions Club, Roesville, Nobles Pond, Southern Meadows and Spring Arbor. (I hope I didn't miss anyone.)

I'd love to see commentary on ALL the Delaware 55+ communities, including the ones I mentioned above and Wild Meadows, Spring Meadows, Springmill, Bon Ayre, Barclay Farms, Village at Red Lion Creek, Crossings at Christiana, Longace Village, Fieldstone Village, Heritage Shores, Fox Meadows, Independence and any others. That was my original intent when starting this particular thread over four years ago. If you're out there, please join the conversation.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 PM

137 posts, read 313,540 times
Default Open House at Southern Meadow June 25

Just wanted to repeat that our little community will be holding our Open House the afternoon of June 25 with a poolside bbq afterward. Call their main office to register.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware