U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM

144 posts, read 108,961 times

Advertisements

Are they planning to offer townhouses at Roesville starting at below $200,000? Are they building these now? Only way I would be interested...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 PM

3,730 posts, read 8,176,609 times
Can't speak for Roesville and I c/b wrong but I'd be surprised if they'd have townhouses in a 55+ community. That said, it's a lovely community.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 PM

4,628 posts, read 5,978,327 times
I don't know if townhouses are planned for Roesville or not. I do know that the Village of Nobles Pond offers carriage houses (2 units att. to one another). They're having a special and homeowners assoc. fees are only $49/year if you buy within a certain period of time. Those units start at $169,900, I believe. Spring Meadows has a villa model, same thing, 2 units att. to one another (actually called a twin). Longacre Village offers townhouses. They are all 55+ communities. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for Janeace. Quite a few choices available, all over the state.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 PM

558 posts, read 521,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeace View Post
Are they planning to offer townhouses at Roesville starting at below $200,000? Are they building these now? Only way I would be interested...
Sorry, no plans for townhomes at Roesville at this time.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM

27 posts, read 28,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeace View Post
Are they planning to offer townhouses at Roesville starting at below $200,000?
Spring Arbor also has carriage homes starting at $219,000. None at Champions Club, McKee's community in Kent County.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:15 PM

19 posts, read 18,857 times
Default Seeking the "Right Stuff" community

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanani View Post
Hi 55+ers! We just came back from a whirlwind weekend...down Sat to move our son to Camden-Wyoming...how quaint! He is renting a house down the road from Fifer's Farms, trying to start the next part of HIS life in friendly DE. It is impossible to live on your own on Long Island...unless you are a well paid professional, we joke that our kids stay in the "thirteenth " grade and never are able to move out. Well, we came back on Sunday, stopped in at Longacre Village(they were closed, we were on our way back) & they have at least 4 new homes started on. I also met a new agent, still want to see the new models when built at Longacre & Nobles Pond. She told me Barclay's deal fell short....I wish them all the best as they struggle through this time. Next trip...hmm, maybe the 1st of August..heard there's some great peaches around then!
Howdy Oceanani,
This is our first post on this (or in fact on ANY) website. What made this enticing is that we are from Central Jersey and found many of your inquiries and responses have mirrored our own personal questions and findings. We have looked over most of posts on this thread re finding the right ambience in a 55 community in costs, home styles, builder's reputation, location, resident satisfaction, activities, etc. Of course, all of which are too numerous to mention. We also made a couple of visits to DE and narrowed down a criteria of items. Major ones being a short drive to Philly to see grandkids; no land lease and DW doesn't particularly care for modular homes. Unfortunately, we still have a home to sell and our realtor referred us to colleague in Dover to help sort out options (buyer's agent I'm guessing). Places we perused were NP, CC, BF, SM, BA. Sorry this is getting lengthy, but we're wondering if you've found or settled on a particular community?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM

558 posts, read 521,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie & Jim View Post
Howdy Oceanani,
This is our first post on this (or in fact on ANY) website. What made this enticing is that we are from Central Jersey and found many of your inquiries and responses have mirrored our own personal questions and findings. We have looked over most of posts on this thread re finding the right ambience in a 55 community in costs, home styles, builder's reputation, location, resident satisfaction, activities, etc. Of course, all of which are too numerous to mention. We also made a couple of visits to DE and narrowed down a criteria of items. Major ones being a short drive to Philly to see grandkids; no land lease and DW doesn't particularly care for modular homes. Unfortunately, we still have a home to sell and our realtor referred us to colleague in Dover to help sort out options (buyer's agent I'm guessing). Places we perused were NP, CC, BF, SM, BA. Sorry this is getting lengthy, but we're wondering if you've found or settled on a particular community?
I did not see Roesville on your list of communities visited. Roesville also has an excellent program called "Gold Key". It has an outstanding record when it comes to assisting those who have a home to sell before moving. Check us out next time you're in Delaware. You will find your visit well worthwhile.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 PM

19 posts, read 18,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
I did not see Roesville on your list of communities visited. Roesville also has an excellent program called "Gold Key". It has an outstanding record when it comes to assisting those who have a home to sell before moving. Check us out next time you're in Delaware. You will find your visit well worthwhile.
Goin'2DE,
Thanks for your note. Roesville sounds like it is in the neighborhood but is one that we somehow overlooked. We will indeed check it out online.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

144 posts, read 108,961 times
My plan is to visit N Pond, Southern Meadow and Barclay Farms. Will be going in late October.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:36 AM

15,571 posts, read 7,707,131 times
Hi janeace.....

Good idea to check out a few communities at once while you are here. Southen Meadows has a sleep over going on......you may want to check this out. Get to stay in a model while being wined and dined.

I have say this place is booming. Having the pool and cluhbouse sure does help though. Some places still dont' have them. Maybe okay for some but not for me. Life is too short for me to wait for something I consider important.
FYI and this is just me talking for me.

So call the office and sign up for the sleep over. They would be glad to accomdate you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware