U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM

560 posts, read 804,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired & Lovin' It View Post
Getting as many trips in as we can in our new motorhome before winter sets in (but wait, we're going to FL for the month of Feb. I've always wanted to be a "snowbird!") DE is so convenient to everything and everyplace. Like others have said.......lovin' it here in "lower, slower Kent County!"
We took delivery on our new motorhome on Friday and had it parked out in front of the house for the weekend. It is just beautiful

We have some construction on our street, so we had to put it in storage this afternoon. Our first adventure begins next Monday (17th) for a couple of "practice days". Tomorrow we're going shopping for accessories...need a bike rack among other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM

7,321 posts, read 10,750,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
We took delivery on our new motorhome on Friday and had it parked out in front of the house for the weekend. It is just beautiful

We have some construction on our street, so we had to put it in storage this afternoon. Our first adventure begins next Monday (17th) for a couple of "practice days". Tomorrow we're going shopping for accessories...need a bike rack among other things.
Congratulations on your SECOND home! I certainly hope you're a back seat driver!

And.....Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

and.....Soon, Very Soon!

Old 10-09-2011, 08:44 PM

560 posts, read 804,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Congratulations on your SECOND home! I certainly hope you're a back seat driver!
I prefer the term "co-pilot".

Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,545,625 times
Quote:
. All of your comments have been helpful. And when are we going to meet for coffee or tea?
I'll bring the crepes' and fresh fruit

Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 AM

7,321 posts, read 10,750,768 times
I'll bring Elvis.....er, ah.....some Elvis music!

Keeping with the 55+ topic, there was some news in the local paper today about the Villages of Maple Dale townhomes and condos, which are being built right along Maple Dale Golf Course in Dover. They are saying the HOA fee, or condo fee, will pay for upkeep and maintenance of the exterior of the building, lawn care, use of the existing clubhouse, and use of the golf course. I remember lots of people on this forum were looking for a 55+ directly on a golf course, and the closest community from the Dover area was Bridgeville. Yencer is the builder, a local - not a huge corporation from Philly, NJ, NY, MD, or elsewhere. No prices were mentioned.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,086 times
Quote:
Hey there Charley. You've been so quiet lately. How's everything?
I'll answer over at our Off-Topic thread to keep this thread focused on the 55+ communities and related items.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 AM

12,603 posts, read 28,016,654 times
I'm going to respectfully ask again that we use the off topic chat thread for chatting and this one to talk about over 55 communities.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:33 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patc-v View Post
We just returned from a visit to CC for our pre-construction mtg. They broke ground last week, so we now have a foundation Our move date isn't until June 2012, but we wanted the foundation poured before the cold weather. So now it will set & cure for a few months before framing. (getting excited).
SURPRISE!! I got a call from Ed today. They want to pour my foundation as well. (We're a July 2012 move in.) Pending no surprises at the oncologist tomorrow, I'll be down for my pre-construction meeting next Wednesday. WOOOO HOOOO!! Another step closer!

I do like the idea that they are trying to set the foundations before the winter arrives.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 PM

75 posts, read 123,668 times
That would be a great move to get the foundation poured before the cold weather gets in Charley. And the best of luck tomorrow at the Oncologist.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 PM

53 posts, read 102,100 times
Haven't been to this board in awhile but I am still interested in retiring to Delaware. I have looked at many of the single home communities listed here and am still interested in Nobles Pond and CC. I was wondering if anyone knows of any 55plus condos being built down near the Dover area. The condos up here have RE taxes starting at $3,200. That is more than I am paying for my house taxes annually. I am looking for newer condos. I have been to Hearthstone Manor and liked the layout and price but was turned off by the entrance ways to the units. Looked like walkways you would find at shore motels.
Condos don't need to be 55plus but that is my first preference. Thanks for any info that you can get for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware