U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 AM

7,316 posts, read 10,746,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
That's funny - because Maine is where i am (hopefully) moving.

But i AM going to try to be closer to neighbors than i am here. I just like living more in the "wide open," near wooded areas, etc. - and i know you cant have both. At least if i knew i had senior transport - i could have help going to appts. where i couldnt drive myself home, if there wasnt a neighbor nearby to ask.

I was just curious, because i know the transports are becoming more common as the huge population of the aging grows.
Yes. In Kent & Sussex Counties, the Paratransit bus transports the elderly and disabled. There's an application to be completed, and they will transport you to and from your 55+ community.
DART First State - Paratransit

We also have Dart bus service, for non-disabled, with routes being added periodically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 10,665 times
Thanks to all at CC for their responses. My wife and I will be making a trip to Delaware in a couple of weeks to check it out. Have not heard or read any negative information on McKee builders. Will also check out Heritage Shores. We know they have higher fees and taxes, but want to check out the community and models. Providence at Brookfield builders from all accounts appear to build a very good home. Only the homeowners in any community can tell you about the builder quality and warranty.

I doubt we will look at Independence just based on their fees. Currently $295 per month of which $125 of that is going towards the clubhouse. Schell owns the clubhouse with some investors. Not sure I like that situation.

Roesville may have nice looking homes, but the sales consultant Tammy said they won't build the clubhouse until they have 50% of the homes done. According to her, they have 27 built now and will have a total of 444 at built out. They need around 195 more homes built. I would be willing to bet that clubhouse won't be built for another 4 or 5 years at best.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 AM

560 posts, read 804,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryheataz View Post
Roesville may have nice looking homes, but the sales consultant Tammy said they won't build the clubhouse until they have 50% of the homes done. According to her, they have 27 built now and will have a total of 444 at built out. They need around 195 more homes built. I would be willing to bet that clubhouse won't be built for another 4 or 5 years at best.
You are correct about the proposed building of the advertised clubhouse. Based upon the current site plan, construction of "The Lodge" will begin once 50% of the community has been completed. At this time, however, JS Hovnanian is building a model home that will have the interior configured as a temporary clubhouse for homeowners. True, this will not be a full-sized "clubhouse" like those at other 55+ communities, but it will also not cause an increase in our HOA fees. We have outgrown the current facility and in response to homeowners pleas for something larger, JSH has offered use of the new model at no charge. We are not overly concerned as we do not want to support a huge clubhouse until there are enough homeowners to share the $$.

Roesville is a wonderful community. We neighbors are like family who cares about (and for) each other. But if you're interested in paying more money for a comparable home on a much smaller lot and big clubhouse with high monthly HOA fees, Roesville is probably not for you.

Incidently...did I hear correctly that there is a plan to build townhomes/condos along the street between CC and the golf course? I recall conversations about that because it will involve re-configuring a part of the golf course.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 AM

388 posts, read 849,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post

Incidently...did I hear correctly that there is a plan to build townhomes/condos along the street between CC and the golf course? I recall conversations about that because it will involve re-configuring a part of the golf course.
That proposed condo plan has been defeated, thanks to consistent and unanimous pressure placed on the county representatives by residents of both CC and nearby Jonathan's Landing, an all-age community. Both communities joined forces and through meetings and a carefully drafted document of objection, they were able to defeat the builder's plans. Needless to say we at CC were elated.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
That proposed condo plan has been defeated, thanks to consistent and unanimous pressure placed on the county representatives by residents of both CC and nearby Jonathan's Landing, an all-age community. Both communities joined forces and through meetings and a carefully drafted document of objection, they were able to defeat the builder's plans. Needless to say we at CC were elated.
That's great news...especially for you CC homeowners and we golfers

Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 10,665 times
You are absolutely right. Roesville would not be for me. I would rather pay more for the HOA, and have all the infrastructure completed.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryheataz View Post
You are absolutely right. Roesville would not be for me. I would rather pay more for the HOA, and have all the infrastructure completed.
Good news from Roesville. We have two new homeowners in their homes just this month; two homeowners with settlement in December; two lots sold; two more lots on deposit; and two available spec homes. The new "Roesville club" will be open in time for Christmas, too...ribbon cutting ceremony with homeowners and the Chamber of Commerce on December 16. It's hard to believe that so much growth has taken place this summer and fall. Everyone here is so excited and pleased with our progress in these tough economic times.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:34 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,971,753 times
Another step closer to Champions Club! Our building permit was approved and two of my friends emailed me yesterday with the following messages:

"We heard them working on your lot today so we did a ride by ... you have the beginnings of a driveway and the start of digging your foundation."

"Got back from my bike ride ... they have started on your foundation! It was starting to get dark so I didn't have enough time to go back home and get my camera although I plan on getting a picture to you soon."

It's starting to get really exciting for Marlene and me! If we do this right, we're less than eight months away from a new home, a great community, caring friends and good times! (I want to drive down right now and watch!)

Old 11-10-2011, 07:46 AM

388 posts, read 849,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
(I want to drive down right now and watch!)
That would be difficult to do today - we are socked in with heavy fog!

On a brighter note, I heard that on Sat Dec 3rd there is to be a meeting for those prospective homeowners who are interested in CC to meet with a rep from the Smart Buyer program. After the meeting will be a meet and greet with homeowners who volunteer to talk with and to show their homes off to the participants. Personally, I want to go and meet with the rep, hoping it is the same woman who helped us in the SB program last year. Spoke with her on a weekly basis for over 7 months, would like to meet her myself!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,971,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Spoke with her on a weekly basis for over 7 months, would like to meet her myself!
I hope you get that opportunity. I met her when I came down for my "Smart Buyer" meeting. She's very nice and knows her stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware