U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-09-2008, 11:09 AM
 
7,362 posts, read 10,801,819 times
Reputation: 14979

Advertisements

The ones I'm familiar with are Condo ownership, even though many are detached single family units. Condo fees include maintenance of everything 'outside' of the walls of the dwelling, and you do not own the land. This is very similar to The Plantations, in Lewes. I'll be working down there either Thursday, or Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
 
16,199 posts, read 10,564,681 times
Reputation: 28845
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEILEEN View Post
We Are Considering Retiring To Delware In 2009 And Have Received Some Info Conerning A New Developemnt In Lewes "vineyards At Nassau Valley". Has Anybody Seen Any Literature For This Developement Yet? It's 55+ And Appears To Be A Self Contained Community With Plenty Of Amenities. Any Info Would Be Greated Appreciated...thanks
Hi..NYEILEEN.

Here.is..the..website:Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed.
This..reminds.me..of.."The..Villages"..in..flordia .
and
certainly..looks..lie..an..ALL..age..community.COL OR][/b]

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-09-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
 
4 posts, read 12,254 times
Reputation: 10
Default Vineyards

Thanks For The Feed Back.....i Guess We Assumed It Was 55+ Since That Was How We Started Our Searh. I Agree, It Might Be On The Same Lines As The Villages, But Not As Large. We Are Coming Down This Week-end And Hope To Pick Up Some Useful Literature From The Sales Office. They Did Advise Us That Ground Has Not Yet Been Broken For The Developement. We Want To Get A Feel For The Area....as We Currently Live 30 Miles Outside Nyc And My Husband Works In Nyc, Traffic Is Something We Are Used To...the Proximity To The Beach Is What We Are Looking For.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 AM
 
4 posts, read 12,254 times
Reputation: 10
Delly,

is the Plantations a 55+ community? Whete in Lewes is it located?...Thanks, Eileen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2008, 07:43 AM
 
7,362 posts, read 10,801,819 times
Reputation: 14979
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEILEEN View Post
Delly,

is the Plantations a 55+ community? Whete in Lewes is it located?...Thanks, Eileen
NYEileen...No, but every time I've been there, I see no kids! It's more for retired people, 2nd homes, vacation homes, etc.

Directions: Stay on Rt. 1 (Coastal Highway), pass Nassau, over the canal bridge, to Five Points. The Plantations, and Plantations East are both on Beaver Dam Road, behind Lowes and Grand Slam (Grotto Pizza). Beaver Dam Road is also identified as Road 1D. Right now there are 31 active listings in there (I don't sell, by the way, just have access to this data). 12 are single family homes, and the others are condos, 1st and 2nd floor units. It's a very classy place, but reasonable prices, I think. Single family houses start at $349,000 right now, and condo units are less. There are 2 swimming pools, club house, fitness center, 4 tennis courts outside, and 3 inside, plus much more. You might want to take a look! Lakeside Drive is a very nice quiet street with single family detached houses, most with cedar or hardy plank siding. Beautiful grounds, a gated community, and shuttle bus to the beach. Eileen....since you're coming down this weekend, if you need better directions, PM me. I'm a local-yocal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
 
4 posts, read 12,254 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks Delly,

We Actually Cancelled Our Plans For This W/e, But Will Be Down At The End Of June For Our Usual Visit. We Will Visit This Developement At That Time. Thanks Very Much For The Great Info......eileen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 PM
 
7,362 posts, read 10,801,819 times
Reputation: 14979
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEILEEN View Post
Thanks Delly,

We Actually Cancelled Our Plans For This W/e, But Will Be Down At The End Of June For Our Usual Visit. We Will Visit This Developement At That Time. Thanks Very Much For The Great Info......eileen
Ahhh....Well, Delaware is looking forward to seeing you then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM
 
Location: PA
53 posts, read 102,325 times
Reputation: 44
Default Champions Crossing

Has anyone checked out Champions Club at Jonathon Crossing? I will be driving down to Delaware Friday and have that on my list. I have been to Nobles Pond, Barclay Farm and Southern Meadows and am interested in seeing what I can get for my money is a fee simple development. I also may check new ranch homes in the area that aren't 55+ communities because they seem to be in the same price range. Any thoughts??
Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM
 
7,362 posts, read 10,801,819 times
Reputation: 14979
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50down View Post
Has anyone checked out Champions Club at Jonathon Crossing? I will be driving down to Delaware Friday and have that on my list. I have been to Nobles Pond, Barclay Farm and Southern Meadows and am interested in seeing what I can get for my money is a fee simple development. I also may check new ranch homes in the area that aren't 55+ communities because they seem to be in the same price range. Any thoughts??
Kathy
If you're interested in Fee Simple ownership, and a 55+ community, in my opinion, Champions Club has the product in demand. I understand they start at about $222,000 for an attractive new ranch home, you own the land, and the community amenities look like they will be top notch. The other communities you mentioned, as you know, are in Leasehold Estate. And you're right, the way things are going, Fee Simple ownership for a new home is right in line with prices for Leasehold ownership. PA, a poster on here has a home at Jonathan's Landing, which backs right up to Champions Club. Hopefully, she'll chime in. Hope you have a pleasant visit here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Kent County, DE
693 posts, read 2,616,870 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
If you're interested in Fee Simple ownership, and a 55+ community, in my opinion, Champions Club has the product in demand. I understand they start at about $222,000 for an attractive new ranch home, you own the land, and the community amenities look like they will be top notch. The other communities you mentioned, as you know, are in Leasehold Estate. And you're right, the way things are going, Fee Simple ownership for a new home is right in line with prices for Leasehold ownership. PA, a poster on here has a home at Jonathan's Landing, which backs right up to Champions Club. Hopefully, she'll chime in. Hope you have a pleasant visit here!
Hi Kathy,
I live in the single family neighborhood in Jonathan's Landing. We have been here for two years. I get a good view of Champions Club from our back deck.
They are currently working on the clubhouse and pool. Looks like they might be ready for summer enjoyment. McKee has a good reputation as a builder and they have several samples to view. Our builder, Lacrosse, also has a ranch style home available if you wish not to be in a +55. I hope you enjoy the area as much as we do. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about the area. Good luck and happy homehunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top