U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 AM

560 posts, read 804,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Do Do any of you know if your neighborhoods are planning "spring openhouse" type of activities?
thanks!

Roesville will have an Open House Parade of Homes this spring. This is usually a fun event for both visitors and homeowners. In the past there has been food and fun to go along with the house tours. I will post the exact date once plans have been finalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM

13 posts, read 14,900 times
Great thread! I recently looked at homes near Rehoboth for a future retirement in Delaware. I know and saw Independence, but I wanted to know if there were any more, old or new, within 15-20 minutes of the ocean beaches? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM

560 posts, read 804,368 times
A wonderful "homeowners appreciation breakfast" today was provided by our developers. Hot food from Rudy's in Harrington was fabulous. Following breakfast we all toured our newest model home...the Bay Bridge...gorgeous with a full loft/bedroom/bath and a full basement. Roesville is growing rapidly and our neighbors are the best. :-)

Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM

805 posts, read 892,108 times
Smile new issue of Delaware Today

I got my March issue a couple of days ago and the cover theme this month is great places to live. A lot of your places are mentioned - Southern Meadows, the Magnolia area and so on. From reading this forum and the Delaware news online I see that your area is getting better all the time - not that there was anything wrong with it anyway. More shopping options, more supermarkets, more nice housing options. A lot of states would be happy to have what Delaware has.

Happy spring to all. I saw my first robins of the year last week, but still lots of snow piled around up here.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM

96 posts, read 168,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes13 View Post
Wow, I was surprised to see have far this thread has dropped back over the last few weeks! I have previously read through all or mostly all of the comments and found it very insightful.. We are still a few years (about 2-3) from full time retirement and are a bit interested in some of the areas we have researched in Delaware so are planning a road trip or 2 this spring or summer. Do Do any of you know if your neighborhoods are planning "spring openhouse" type of activities?
thanks!
Hello, irisheyes13! I'm not sure we've 'met'. I haven't been on here for a few months, but I saw your post/question today and want to respond re. my own (new) neighborhood's plans.

Nobles Pond has just set its Spring Open House weekend as Friday, May 17th - Sunday, May 19th. (The the web site will be updated shortly, but I'd recommend that you check for the official announcement there as May draws closer.) Typically, the 'Parade of Homes' is on Saturday and Sunday. Right now, there are only 2 models available for showing but, during the 'PoH', 10-12 homes are usually opened by residents to provide visitors a greater view of the models available here. I will be opening my home again--I did so last fall. I'm in 1 of 3 new carriage models (mine is an expanded version) and, by then, there will surely be at least a hard-hat tour available at another new expanded carriage as well as at some of the several single-family homes currently under construction. I hope you'll come and check us out while enjoying some food and beverages. (Oh, and I hope our ice cream, sherbet and ices people are here then too. Yum!) Wherever you end up... good call to consider DE. I love it here! If you come, be sure to ask staff where "Hey Jude" is. I'd like to meet you. Happy hunting!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM

96 posts, read 168,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Hey Jude, na na na na, in one of your earlier posts, you referred to a "Buddy" system in your community where new residents are paired with existing ones to make the transition easier. How does that work? Do all the existing residents participate? I think it's a great idea.
Thanks!
Hi, susiec! My apologies for not answering sooner. I haven't been on here since a couple days before your question about the Buddy System we have here at Nobles Pond. This was actually started by some of the earlier residents, bless'em, because they understood exactly how difficult it can be to navigate things like the area itself, medical/dental facilities & practitioners, utilities, shopping, hair/nail salons, dry cleaning, DMV, vets & kennels and the myriad other things we need when we move. So they put together a little booklet of information with contact #s & directions as needed, organized it with a table of contents and made it available to newcomers.

It was recognized early, however, that it would be even more helpful for a newcomer to have something like an 'oldcomer' as a ready resource, so the "Buddy" system was put in place. To be a Buddy, you need only agree to do it plus to not do things that none of of wants anyway like become a political or religious bully or disparage either the community or other residents. Simple, pretty standard common courtesy stuff. The Buddy then presents the new resident with the binder, taking a little time to go over what's in it and, of course, offers his/her/their contact info to call should they have any other questions.

It's certainly been a help to me. In fact, the booklet kind of gets you started. We also have a residents' (only) web site that keeps our community directory up to date along with providing the various committee minutes, local gov. planning/zoning meeting schedules & topics, the community calendar, classifieds, etc. and that keeps us abreast of things ongoing.

I sure hope this helps in some way even though it's embarrassingly late in coming.

Judy
-----------

Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,814 times
In the near future, I'm going to have information about "55+ Night With the Wilmington Blue Rocks" which will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2013. The event is being developed at present, but preliminary information was sent today to the 55+ Communities in which I was able to find a contact person. They include Champions Club, Spring Arbor, Springmill, Longacre, Southern Meadows, Nobles Pond, Wild Meadows and Roesville. If you are in a community not listed here, I'd love to hear from you! (You can Direct Message me at any time.)

For this event, ANYONE 55+ can attend the game at the special event prices, whether you live in a 55+ Community or not. I'll have more information in a few weeks, but I wanted to alert anyone interested to save the date. It will be a 5:05 PM game. (Also celebrated at the game will be Grandparent Appreciation Night!) It should be a fun event.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:29 AM

59 posts, read 145,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I got my March issue a couple of days ago and the cover theme this month is great places to live. A lot of your places are mentioned - Southern Meadows, the Magnolia area and so on. From reading this forum and the Delaware news online I see that your area is getting better all the time - not that there was anything wrong with it anyway. More shopping options, more supermarkets, more nice housing options. A lot of states would be happy to have what Delaware has.

Happy spring to all. I saw my first robins of the year last week, but still lots of snow piled around up here.

I bought a house in one of the waterfront neighborhoods mentioned in this article, although my house is not waterfront, just close. Took me a year to find just the right setting for my retirement home and, so far, it has been great. Delaware has so much to offer with less investment and expenses than most other states on the eastern seaboard. I can get to the ocean within 15 minutes or hang out at the pool that has a great view of the wetlands and Rehoboth Bay. New homes prices are inching up, but so far Delaware is still a bargain, in my view.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 AM

7,325 posts, read 10,756,524 times
Default Barclay Farms Continues to Give Back

Congratulations to, Larry Dougherty of Barclay Farms, for earning the right to keep his Town of Camden Councilman seat by winning 87 percent of the vote in the Camden Municipal Election held Saturday. Good job, Town of Camden! Barclay Farms people are movers and shakers!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
In the near future, I'm going to have information about "55+ Night With the Wilmington Blue Rocks" which will be held on Sunday, August 11, 2013. The event is being developed at present, but preliminary information was sent today to the 55+ Communities in which I was able to find a contact person. They include Champions Club, Spring Arbor, Springmill, Longacre, Southern Meadows, Nobles Pond, Wild Meadows and Roesville. If you are in a community not listed here, I'd love to hear from you! (You can Direct Message me at any time.)

For this event, ANYONE 55+ can attend the game at the special event prices, whether you live in a 55+ Community or not. I'll have more information in a few weeks, but I wanted to alert anyone interested to save the date. It will be a 5:05 PM game. (Also celebrated at the game will be Grandparent Appreciation Night!) It should be a fun event.
I do have that information available now, along with the order form that I will happily send out to anyone who asks. Just send me a direct message with your name and email address and I'll send it to you as an attachment via email. The ticket price for a box seat will be $7 and there are some packages that include meals and/or hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware