U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 08:13 PM

46 posts, read 102,001 times

Advertisements

JoycieM - The community will be in Frederica - which is south of Dover, north of Milford. There will be no lot rent and the homes will be in the $200's. You can sign up for information on their website Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed. I signed up so I'll share the news as it comes to me.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-09-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKate View Post
Elizamary - Thanks for the feedback. I have shown homes in Southern Meadows and it's beautiful. I was most impressed with how large the lots were but also how friendly it felt. Everytime I'm there, there is someone sitting on their porch or working in their yard and they wave every time! I can understand why you love it.
Hi Katie
It really is friendly Katie. If I walk up to the clubhouse, it takes me anywhere from a half hour to an hour. The walk is only 2 mins. But the people are so friendly and we talk and talk.
You might want to consider this charley. They are very friendly here.

You might have seen me too. I'm the one with dark hair. LOL. Just joking.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:44 PM

46 posts, read 102,001 times
Elizamary - I probably did see you! It sounds like a great place.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM

131 posts, read 454,542 times
Thanks Katiekate! I will sign up as well!

Also, a quick hello to the Delaware Gang. Hope to see you all again soon!!!!

Joycie and Ron

Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 AM

135 posts, read 265,858 times
Default Providence at Heritage Shores

Hello...I'm brand new to this so please bear with me. My husband and I are retired and looking to relocate from Baltimore to DE. We have narrowed our search to Providence at Heritage Shores. Can anyone give me feedback on this community? I know they've had problems with finding another builder but I understand Bookfield is very good. Would love to hear from you..thanks!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Hello...I'm brand new to this so please bear with me. My husband and I are retired and looking to relocate from Baltimore to DE. We have narrowed our search to Providence at Heritage Shores. Can anyone give me feedback on this community? I know they've had problems with finding another builder but I understand Bookfield is very good. Would love to hear from you..thanks!
My neighbors friends moved there. From what I know they have a golf course, stores and restaurant. Nice community. We visited but couldn't afford.
The one I know complained about the aerobics instructor treating them like they were 90. A lot of us 55 and over are very active and vibrate. I excersis 3 times a week with a hard workout.
I'll see what I can find out about the builder.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:22 AM

thanks elizamary, you're a great Delaware resource for us "out-of-towners"!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:58 AM

7,321 posts, read 10,752,675 times
Quote:
Hi Susie,
I'm a native of Delaware, travel the state weekly, and visit most new developments in conjunction with my profession. Heritage Shores is certainly a wonderful subdivision, and one of the nicest (if not the nicest) I've seen. There is no lot rent, which is the beauty of the subdivision and title is held in fee simple interest. The homeowners association fee quote is $2,520/year. I'm not a sales person, but have access to sales and listing data. Currently, there are 10 listings for sale in Heritage Shores, 9 of them resales of 1-2 year old single family homes. Price range of these 10: $239,900 to $336,710. The builder also offers new construction of various models. These 10 are either on the golf course and/or the pond. City and County taxes combined are approximately $1,900 - $2,200 depending on the home assessment, and there is public water and sewer. Some of these 10 listings are walking distance to the clubhouse. And, this subdivision is approximately 30 minutes from Lewes and Rehoboth Beaches. Here's the link to the development Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed.Providence at Heritage Shores : Announcing a new Approach to Active Adult Communities For a new generation of Active Adults[/URL[/color]] Here's another link, for information on the builder: Mod cut - links to specific Realtors are not allowed.]
I hope this was helpful. There are some new 55+ communities on the table, to be built in the Dover and Magnolia areas, which are not yet advertised. I'm familiar with the land deals made by developers, and projected community amenities. When the first word is announced, I'll try to post here.
Delly.....Been in Delaware Forever

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-09-2010 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-17-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
thanks elizamary, you're a great Delaware resource for us "out-of-towners"!
Hi susie,
Thank you for the compliment Susie. In no way do claim to be an expert. Only been here a little of a year and still exploring. But If I can share what I know and help one person, then mission accomplished.
So many people were so nice to share information with us.
you will find great information on the forum for just about anything.

Good luck.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Thanks Delly for your in depth answer. I too love the development, the homes are great. What worries me about these large 55+ communities is your ability to re-sell your home if need be. Heritage Shores is planning on building 1,800 homes over a 10 year period. That's a lot of homes for a small pool of homebuyers i.e., the over 55 group. During that 10 year period how many buyers will want a re-sale when they can essentially build their own home? Does anyone have any experience with re-sales?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware