U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2008, 04:43 PM

405 posts, read 1,251,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
Just had a chuckle when the jungle jim went up.
Kinky LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 09:27 PM

902 posts, read 3,217,203 times
Oh yeah, Laural, kinky is a good word... better than the one that came to my mind when I opened this topic to read! Perhaps those Tarzan and Jane outfits will be in style here in DE before you know it!

Sorry, folks over 55... we "kids" could not resist the teasing! PA, I'm sure you weren't the only one chucklin' (or at least doing a double take driving by) watching the jungle jim/gym being installed!

Mary

Old 06-18-2008, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,584 times
Smile I need help to locate any 55+ communities in northern parts of DE

Hi everyone. I have been trying to research 55+ communites in north delaware that might be somewhat close to the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Delaware is a beautiful state and my husband and I would like to retire there. Thanks for taking the time to help give me guidance. God bless you! The web research is not going so well! thanks! snieczpiel

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 AM

13,320 posts, read 20,137,343 times
Use the search area here there is a ton of information on City Data.......
You should find all the information from most all of the 55+ communities.
Just post what you want in the search square.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,560,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snieczpiel View Post
Hi everyone. I have been trying to research 55+ communites in north delaware that might be somewhat close to the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Delaware is a beautiful state and my husband and I would like to retire there. Thanks for taking the time to help give me guidance. God bless you! The web research is not going so well! thanks! snieczpiel

Hi snieczpiel..........

check out the website for 55+ communities in DE
55+ Active Adult, Age Restricted & Active Lifestyle Communities DE ...LONGACRE VILLAGE Felton, 55+ Single family, Townhome, Condominium Enjoy the beautifully landscaped grounds and preserved wetlands which will encompass the ...
Moderator cut: real estate advertising link

Also,
use the search engine for 55+communities on the De forum.
Great information.
Good luck.
I live in a55+ community in Kent county. You want one more north probably New Castle county.
Anything I can help you with, just give let me know.

Last edited by christina0001; 09-13-2008 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: real estate advertising link

Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKate View Post
I found more information on the new active adult community in Roesville. The builder is Asset Builders. Here is a link to their site: Roesville Estates

It shows a plot plan and explains some of the new technology the builder will be using. I promised to share info as I got it and will continue as I find out more on this new community.
I'll be taking a look at Roesville this weekend. From what I've seen on the website and in the brochure, it is an impressive looking community.

I'll also be seeing Champions Club. The Americana series of homes has piqued my interest.

Charley

Old 07-17-2008, 07:23 AM

9 posts, read 32,608 times
Talking Resales in Heritage Shores

We have a townhome in Heritage Shores. We purchased in October of 2006 at half of the selling price. At that time, Lennar and Providence homebuilders were constructing homes as spec homes. As the housing market was beginning to decline, they drastically reduced the prices of these homes to reduce their unoccupied inventory. A number of the purchases were for investment purposes. Now these homes are being resold at their present market value which will net these investors a substantial profit.

We just happened to be there at the right time to secure one of these homes as our future primary residence.

Heritage Shores is beautiful, active-adult, community and is growing even in these difficult economic times.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorryst View Post
We have a townhome in Heritage Shores. We purchased in October of 2006 at half of the selling price. At that time, Lennar and Providence homebuilders were constructing homes as spec homes. As the housing market was beginning to decline, they drastically reduced the prices of these homes to reduce their unoccupied inventory. A number of the purchases were for investment purposes. Now these homes are being resold at their present market value which will net these investors a substantial profit.

We just happened to be there at the right time to secure one of these homes as our future primary residence.

Heritage Shores is beautiful, active-adult, community and is growing even in these difficult economic times.
We looked at Heritage Shores. There was one model with a kitchen that my wife absolutely loved!

Old 07-20-2008, 06:42 PM

46 posts, read 102,076 times
Charley,

I have also been doing some research on the cancer clusters in Delaware. I was very concerned seeing all the news coverage about it. But, my research has calmed me down - maybe it will help you too. The reports I found online attributed the high rates to the huge influx of seniors into Delaware over the past several years. One report said it takes cancer up to 40 years to form from environmental causes or from personal habits (smoking). If a person lived in an area that causes cancer and moved to Delaware recently, they are added to the data on cancer occurences in the state. I could understand how our numbers get skewed. If they just collected data on lifetime residents of the state, I would be interested in seeing the figures.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKate View Post
Charley,

I have also been doing some research on the cancer clusters in Delaware. I was very concerned seeing all the news coverage about it. But, my research has calmed me down - maybe it will help you too. The reports I found online attributed the high rates to the huge influx of seniors into Delaware over the past several years. One report said it takes cancer up to 40 years to form from environmental causes or from personal habits (smoking). If a person lived in an area that causes cancer and moved to Delaware recently, they are added to the data on cancer occurences in the state. I could understand how our numbers get skewed. If they just collected data on lifetime residents of the state, I would be interested in seeing the figures.
Hi KatieKate,

Thanks so much for sharing those thoughts with me. I've done a great deal of research on the matter as well, and I think you're absolutely correct about the incidence data as it relates to those who relocated.

The data as it related to cancer, it's causes, potential clusters, etc, will not dissuade me from moving to Delaware.

Thanks again for your view of the data.

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware