U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 02:13 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,977,102 times

Advertisements

Welcome Jabberwocky2.

The information in the brochures and on the websites can be overwhelming. The best thing to do is to make a list of all your questions and visit as many of the communities as you can to ask the questions. Even visit those that you might not be sure about, just to be able to make some comparisons.

This is a very friendly group and most of those who post here can be quite helpful. It won't take long to figure out who they are. Please be sure to share what you learn with us. In addition to being one looking for a home, you are also another source of information and opinion ... and I for one welcome as much of both as I can get.

For you and Little Eggplant - I did ask your question about leaf pickup at Roesville. Each home will get one small tree and I did ask the question about who picks up the leaves. I'm about 99% sure that she said they would as part of the mowing process - but do yourself a favor and double check.

Best of luck in your search. It can become a second job, but it's enjoyable. (And check out the thread on restaurants so that while you're down there ... )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM

8 posts, read 17,652 times
Charley, Who knows, we might become great neighbours !
Steve

Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM

144 posts, read 325,479 times
I am so happy to hear that a Palmer model home is under construction at Roesville. My husband and I have been trying to use our imagination with regards to the sales office Palmer. It is not so easy to picture in comparison to the other models which are so beautifully decorated homes and not utilized as a sales office. I should also mention it is the least expensive model to choose from, starting at $239,900.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM

34 posts, read 39,687 times
Anyone know anything about Benchmark Builders?

I was looking at a community in Wilmington.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM

4,129 posts, read 13,275,552 times
Glad for you, DeeD. Honestly, all the models are beautiful and I can totally understand where it does get confusing visualizing yourself in one you're particularly interested in that's not furnished like the others (even w/ all furnished, it's still confusing!). Any idea when the construction will be finished? (just curious).

Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 PM

Thank you Honeycrisp. Kathy Engel from Roesville's sales office emailed me today. She said they started construction and you can do a hard hat walk through. I would rather wait till it is completed and hopefully decorated as beautifully as the others.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 PM

I would probably want to wait too, to see how everything else is coming along since last time you visited as is a long trip. It is a beautiful community and I'm sure it'll live up to your expectations (and then some)

Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Yes, it is a long trip. When we go I like to combine it with a visit to Dover Downs, the free Dover Air Force Base Museum and Where Pigs Fly. I must also add Blyers....

Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Well, you're a step ahead of me but it's definitely a plus to be able to visit several places in one trip, it really does make sense doing it like that. Where Pigs Fly does sound intriguing and has been on my list for a while now, possibly the others next time as well. Not familiar w/ Blyers though

Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 PM

Yes, Bylers is a country store 3 miles west of Dover on Rt. 8. It has a gift shop, supermarket, knick knacks, wooden swings, candy, baked goods etc. You would enjoy a visit. The last time I was there, an Amish father and son offered horse drawn carriage rides for a small fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware