U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 07:54 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Well let's see. If a regular golfer plays three times a week and in Delaware you can probably count on 28 good weeks, that's a "greens fee" of about $25 per round - so that's not too outrageous. Of course, if you only play occassionally, that's an awful deal, unless there is an option for a daily rate.

I agree but he is an avid golfer and is willing to pay for golfing community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM

144 posts, read 325,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
There is an extra fee to use the golf course. Cost these people we know $2,000 extra a year.
Elizamary, I wonder if the restaurant adds anything to the costs???

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM

4,127 posts, read 13,266,252 times
Gotta agree w/ you, Susie, about them jumping on the bandwagon and building a lot of 55+ communities in DE. I sure feel for your friends living w/o a clubhouse and pool .

Although not thrilled w/ humidity and high heat (it's a tradeoff for cold weather though), we too are considering FL (as well as a couple other states). The Villages is very appealing simply b/c of all their activities - but a lot of the activities come w/ add'l fee$. It's a huge place, for example there's about 4 or 5 levels of softball leagues and I believe you have to try out to find your level and join, there's tons of other clubs too but there are a lot of extra expenses too, like Heritage Shores, there is a bond fee and I believe lawnmowing is not included (it's not expensive but it does add up). Anyway, am just using them as an example, there are many 55+ communities in FL which are smaller but also offer a lot, it's just a question of finding them, visiting and seeing where you fit in .

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Hey all, just wanted to sign in with something else to think about relative to the "cluhbhouse". I have a friend at Legacy at Odessa National in Townsend. Their clubhouse has been finished for at least a year and they won't open it because they are not at 50% occupancy! My friends have been there for over 3 years without a clubhouse and they haven't started the pool yet. They have meeting after meeting but to no avail. What a revoltin development, eh?
So now we are thinking about Florida. Yes, I know there are storms and it's hot in the summer and the taxes are higher but it is glorious in the winter. We've been going to Sun City Center for the past 5 years renting for up to a month at a time. Prices are unbelievable...about a $100K difference.
So we will see. These communities in DE seem so iffy....maybe it's just the times but I think everyone jumped on the bandwagon at one time and there are just too many communities.
Charley, did you know the taxes at Heritage Shores are much higher? Apparently they have a bond issue to pay for...also HOA does not include lawncare.
If Roseville wants to sell homes, they have to begin the clubhouse/pools....can't believe they don't see this.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
RWH

145 posts, read 80,416 times
I visited Heritage Shores last summer. If memory serves, there is a shopping center being planned just north of the community and I believe we were told there will be a be a way to allow the residents easy access to the stores without having to get on the highway.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,753 times
Thanks Ron.........Just wondering what kind of stores especially a food store.

Longacres also has a strip mall but doesn't seem to be anything too exciting.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM

144 posts, read 325,389 times
Quote:
Huge sigh of relief. Message from Rich:

"Thanks for reaching out to me again. I thought I had responded to your Wednesday email, but when I checked my "sent" messages I did not see a response (from me)."

My wife and I are smiling again.
Hi Charley, I wrote to Rich regarding the "For Rent" sign. He has not responded. I was wondering if you happened to find out anything about that?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeD View Post
Hi Charley, I wrote to Rich regarding the "For Rent" sign. He has not responded. I was wondering if you happened to find out anything about that?
No, I plan to ask him my various questions face-to-face on November 16. I also intent to make sure he knows that many of us who are interested in Roesville and other communities do talk to each other. There is strength in numbers. (Of course, at some point, I'll need to know some real names. It's gonna be a little difficult to say "Well, I've been discussing this with Little Eggplant and ... )

Old 09-18-2009, 05:44 AM

5,819 posts, read 13,274,889 times
Default FL Communities

How financially stable are some 55 and over communities

Interesting information regarding FL communities

Old 09-18-2009, 05:51 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
How financially stable are some 55 and over communities

Interesting information regarding FL communities
And how does this relate to 55+ communities in Delaware?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 AM

5,819 posts, read 13,274,889 times
Quote:
And how does this relate to 55+ communities in Delaware?
The OP was discussing moving to FL from DE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware