U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 07:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnorman View Post
We live in Rockland County NY, have a home for sale and hope to move in 2010. Meanwhile we will do considerable research to determine the best options for our new home. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I just caught this last paragraph! We're neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,560,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I just caught this last paragraph! We're neighbors.
LOL...........small world and could end up being neighbors in DE too.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM

388 posts, read 852,655 times
Hubby and I spent 4 hours today raking, mulching, and bagging leaves. As we sat to relax on the deck, I said, "Just think - we won't have to do this in DE." Also, getting snow tonight......too early!! Hope all had a great holiday weekend.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 PM

144 posts, read 325,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Hubby and I spent 4 hours today raking, mulching, and bagging leaves. As we sat to relax on the deck, I said, "Just think - we won't have to do this in DE." Also, getting snow tonight......too early!! Hope all had a great holiday weekend.
Hi Little Eggplant: I look forward to none of the above as well, including snow shoveling. Thanks, we did have a great holiday weekend, hope you did as well.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 PM

144 posts, read 325,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
We're going back to Champions' Club Monday to look specifically at lots that are available and we have them pricing out some options we would be interested in (basement, crawl space, 9' ceilings, full 2-car garage vs. oversized 1-car, etc.). Now that we've had about 10 days to reflect since our last visit we just want to see it all again. Also you have all spoken so highly of Roesville we are going to start our day there. They (Roesville sales staff) are going to be open on the Columbus Day holiday but only till 2:30 pm then they have to go to a corporate meeting in preparation for a home show they're doing the following weekend. I'm very familiar with K. Hov. They have done some building in our marketplace and I know they are a very well respected company. So we'll see what we see!

Looking forward to your updated report after visiting Champion's Club again. Is the crawl space optional? How much extra if so? Would also like to hear all about your visit to Roesville.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:53 PM

124 posts, read 237,317 times
Just got back from a very long day in DE where we started at Roesville. It's way too remote for us....we live 25-30 min. from everything now and don't want that much driving in retirement. The models were nice but the very nice rep. in the office could not answer ANY of our questions! She said she is the production mgr. (I think) so maybe she was just filling in on the Columbus Day holiday. Their price sheets were old and actually had the increased priced penned in over the old prices (very poor marketing psychology; you only show the old price when it's MORE than the new price!). The walk up attic was a nice feature but wouldn't begin to replace a basement and I think that option is $28,000 there. We hurried out as fast as we could; went back to Champion's Club to consider taking advantage of the $45,000 in incentives and options they are offering right now. We did put a lot hold on a lot that we like but it's too narrow to accommodate a full two car garage so we're trying to figure out what to do. They would delay delivery till next June which will give us time to get our house on the market. We're going non-contingent so we can settle on the new house before we have to leave our current home (way too much to do and to get rid of and we have to have all of our floors, which are all wood, resanded thanks to a nervous little Sheltie trying to get her traction all over the house! So we're waiting on CC pricing some items for us and then we'll have to make a decision. Met with their Delaware Sales Manager, Ed, who was awesome, has tons of building experience and made several very helpful suggestions and shared tons of valuable info. with us. All in all it was a great, scary, overwhelming day! This will be my 22nd move as an adult but it's still scary and I sell houses for a living. Can only imagine how those you must be feeling who've lived in your same home for 20-30 years.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 PM

388 posts, read 852,655 times
cant wait to retire: WOW did you ever have a full day! Congratulations on your decision and best wishes in the coming months. We, too, were impressed with Ed at CC and hope to work with him ourselves next year. CC is definitely our first choice and seeing others remark favorably helps to reinforce the timid optimism we have! Again, keep us posted and congrats!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM

4,130 posts, read 13,305,358 times
We definitely won't miss raking at all either, unfortunately most of our leaves are still in the trees so we have that to look forward to in the coming weeks (not!).

Can't Wait To Retire -
Sounds like a very productive day (even if I'm disappointed to hear about Roesville). As much as I like convenience, I can live w/ a bit of a distance but I just would feel more comfortable w/ more homes sold and the clubhouse/pool underway in the not-too-distant future. Like you, we have a lot ahead of us to get ready (including a bit of an unexpected bump in the road but that will pass).

Wishing you lots of luck in your new home in CC, it sounds lovely and Im sure you'll enjoy it immensely, would love to hear updates as progress is made.

PS Can't imagine all those moves (the thought of it gives me agita, LOL) but it definitely must cut down on the clutter <G>.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:30 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,986,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
Their price sheets were old and actually had the increased priced penned in over the old prices (very poor marketing psychology; you only show the old price when it's MORE than the new price!).
From what I was told, the prices remain the same since just before the ground-breaking in September 2008, which would mean that the sheets were even older than that ... or the prices have been increased recently and which means someone lied to me.

Can you give me a little guidance in terms of what the prices were for one or two of the models? Thanks.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:35 AM

124 posts, read 237,317 times
Hi Charley, Here are the model base prices as of yesterday. Each appeared to have been raised by $10,000. Palmer now $239,900, Mayfair $259,000, Riverdale $269,000, Canterbury $279,000, and the Baybridge is now $289,000. There were other handwritten notes on the price/option sheet (such as Basement $37,500, no 10' ceilings in the Palmer, fireplace remote is $175, etc.)as well as the scratched through base prices (just not very professionally presented, but I'm overly attentive to details since I've been doing this so long). The builder rep. did mention some "attractive package" they are "putting together" for a club membership till their facility is built; but no specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware