Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM

25 posts, read 47,361 times

Advertisements

Hi again Jean ~ all my neighbors found that hair and nail services were considerably higher in DE than from wherever we came from. We found this odd as many other services we've used in DE have been less. I had to stop getting my nails done because I just could not afford it here. Hadn't seen my own nails in 12 years! Oh well ~ much healthier not using all those chemicals and UV lights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM

9,672 posts, read 14,140,526 times
The longer you're all here, the more you will learn about 'where-to-go-for-what'
I disagree with the thoughts here. These services are not all expensive, and that's coming from me, a cheapskate. Search out the salons providing specials on certain days. I get notices by e-mail from 2. Check out the beauty schools in Dover. The students are monitored one/on/one by a certified instructor. Our daughter makes the trip to Dover once/month or so, from Philadelphia, just for the cheap beauty salon prices, and great services. Now, SHE is PICKY, but won't pay those high prices any more. Good Luck to you all! It's a learning experience, that can't be taught. Because, we know - y'all can't tell a woman anything, especially the over 55 bunch.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM

798 posts, read 2,718,737 times
Wow, I was surprised to see have far this thread has dropped back over the last few weeks! I have previously read through all or mostly all of the comments and found it very insightful.. We are still a few years (about 2-3) from full time retirement and are a bit interested in some of the areas we have researched in Delaware so are planning a road trip or 2 this spring or summer. Do Do any of you know if your neighborhoods are planning "spring openhouse" type of activities?
thanks!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,003,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes13 View Post
Wow, I was surprised to see have far this thread has dropped back over the last few weeks! I have previously read through all or mostly all of the comments and found it very insightful.. We are still a few years (about 2-3) from full time retirement and are a bit interested in some of the areas we have researched in Delaware so are planning a road trip or 2 this spring or summer. Do Do any of you know if your neighborhoods are planning "spring openhouse" type of activities?
thanks!
I don't know if Champions Club has anything specific scheduled yet, although I'm sure they will. However, when you are planning to come down, I would certainly open my home to you in addition to the models that are available for view. Early planning is always a great thing. Feel free to send me a direct message if interested.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I don't know if Champions Club has anything specific scheduled yet, although I'm sure they will. However, when you are planning to come down, I would certainly open my home to you in addition to the models that are available for view. Early planning is always a great thing. Feel free to send me a direct message if interested.
Thank you Charley, that's really very nice of you. As we start to narrow down some dates/locations to check, I will send you a direct message if we are coming your way. Thank you again!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 AM

560 posts, read 909,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes13 View Post
thanks!
Roesville has had "open house" events in the spring and fall the last couple of years. It's reasonable to expect it will happen again this year. The sales office and the model homes are always open, but during the open house events many of the homeowners also open their homes for visitation. It's a great way to meet the neighbors and to see many of the options not on view in the model homes. "Roesville Homeowners" also have a Facebook page that is available online for all to see. It's another way to meet our neighbors. (Our facebook page is not affiliated with the developers in any way.) If you're in the area during a time when there is no formal open house event, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour of the neighborhood.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Roesville has had "open house" events in the spring and fall the last couple of years. It's reasonable to expect it will happen again this year. The sales office and the model homes are always open, but during the open house events many of the homeowners also open their homes for visitation. It's a great way to meet the neighbors and to see many of the options not on view in the model homes. "Roesville Homeowners" also have a Facebook page that is available online for all to see. It's another way to meet our neighbors. (Our facebook page is not affiliated with the developers in any way.) If you're in the area during a time when there is no formal open house event, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour of the neighborhood.
Thanks to you as well Goin'.. I will check out the facebook page also..

Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM

Default Kudos to Barclay Farms!

"Giving Back" could be a synonym for "Barclay Farms"

Repeatedly, this 55+ community has supported, contributed to/taken part in local activities, and some have run for and been elected to town government positions. Most recently, the members of Barclay Farms hosted a free breakfast at their clubhouse for Camden-Wyoming First Responders, thanking them for the support they received as a result of the tornado which ripped through their community a few months ago. Not only that, they presented the Responders with a generous donation. Barclay Farms is a great role model for other 55+ communities, comprised of mostly retirees moving to Delaware. "They" are "Us" and we locals all have noticed. Thanks for being here, Barclay Farms!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 AM

135 posts, read 296,809 times
Do Do any of you know if your neighborhoods are planning "spring openhouse" type of activities?
thanks![/quote]

Champion's Club is hosting a Smart Buyer's Seminar on 3/9 at their sales office. They are planning a Meet & Greet at the end of March and an Open House Parade of Homes in April. Check their website for exact dates. Come see us!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM

I stumbled across this YouTube entertainment clip, regarding the open house Nobles Pond had in the Fall. This lively bunch is hard to beat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PndSdkJeoc&feature=plcp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware