U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 04:45 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,427,700 times

Advertisements

so far we did each party at our house, but this time it will be a mixed birthday/fair well thing and I am looking for a nice idea.

kids are between 6 and 8, 15- 20, we live in middletown.

too bad, we just went to the museum for natural history, that was great but we are going to invite pretty much the same kids and can't do the same thing again.

any experience with state park nature centers ?

I also looked into this pump it up place in newport, but that's kind of pricey . I like that there don't seem to be any arcade games, just jumping and sliding .... (Pump It Up | Kids Birthday Party | Indoor | Inflatable | Jumping Party | Children's Bounce Party

I don't like to go to chucky cheese's or x-bos though.

any input on that ?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 05:34 PM

381 posts, read 1,231,682 times
What about bowling? I'm not sure of the alleys here, but we did a bowling party for my son's 7th. The kids had a blast.

ETA: We've also talked about doing a party at the movie theater. I'm pretty sure Regal at People's Plaza will do this.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:47 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,148,933 times
How about Delaware Park? On Saturadays, starting today they have a moon bounce for free. They have picnic tables a small playground and you can cook out. Depending when you're party is, I think next Sat is the Preakness so it probably will be packed but after that its two weeks to the Belmont race. I'm assuming at that age the parents will be there so a little betting is fun as well. Its a large open field next to the track where the kids can see the horses come out. I've had a few parties there, my kids are 8 and 10, everyone had a good time.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 PM

377 posts, read 993,541 times
I would suggest a pool party at a hotel that has an indoor pool. Sometimes they will let you throw a party and has a room for you to do all the festivities in.

Pump it up is a lot of funny, but pricey. I would try Vince's in Newark too. Miniature golf and batting cages can be fun.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:26 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,790,286 times
Any roller rinks in the area? They were a big sucess for parties until the roof caved in on the one down here.
I've also had great results with a party at indoor hotel pool. (Americinn). Grottos goes over big but the kids will eat you up with money for the game machines.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:19 AM

445 posts, read 1,287,877 times
Bowling/Kids Arcade/Laser Tag in Middletown Mid-County Bowling & Entertainment Center
Roller Skating in Newark Christiana Skating Center
Also for ice skating see if the Ice Pond in Newark offers anything.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 AM

322 posts, read 1,110,107 times
Check UDel too...they have a ice skating rink and may be able to have a party in there

Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,427,700 times
thanks for all your great input !

we were strolling along the river front and found out, that the children's museum just opened its doors in april.
It looks great from the outside childrens museum wilmington - Google Search
they offer parties too (same category as pump it up, around 300 dollars ... but way nicer, I guess), but since we want to keep it smaller than 20 kids, we'll just invite 7,8 kids to the museum and then go over to joe's crab shack for dinner
another idea were the two gymnastic places (bear and smyrna), but they don't have anything available, which would fit our schedule.

thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or