U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,143 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband and I (along with our 2 small children) are planning on building a home (by Handler) in this new community. The only lots left are ones backed up to the Golf Course, the clubhouse and the main road. We are thinking of picking a lot backed to the golf course, but I am wondering if we should be concerned about golf balls hitting our home, or even our children?

Anyone have any idea about this particular community/golf course? Any other thoughts?

They will be building Phase 2 in the future, but just not sure when and IF they will still be offering the incentives then that they are offering now.

Thanks for any input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM

322 posts, read 1,108,485 times
I looked at the Ryan homes in Odessa National...it seems like that development came just at the wrong time. Development there has been slow and people were promised things about the golf course and membership that was untrue.
I don't know how Capano or Handler fared in that ordeal, but the slow development of that course has put a bad taste in people's mouth.

If you live on a course, of course, there is some risk. The golfers are generally responsible for their ball that they hit, regardless of where it lands. However, enforcing the golfer to pay for that $500 window he smashed with an errant slice is a bit more difficult than you'd like, especially if you didn't see it or film it and especially if you weren't home when the damage occurred.

Also think about the privacy you give up by having your yard on the course...from sunrise to sunset, someone is bound to be within sight of your yard.

Found this sign on the web

People that generally buy on golf courses do so because they are avid golfers...being able to walk out on the course from your own yard at any time has benefits.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,143 times
Thank you for your message. I did hear about the Capano deal. Apparently, like you said, people were being charged fees that they shouldn't have. (I think). I know for certain that it was related to Capano and I was told to stay away from that builder. I think we will go with Bestfield as the builder instead of Handler. We'll see....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware