U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,763,675 times

Advertisements

For $10 you can golf all day at the 9 hole cross at Heritage Inn. Rt 1 by Super Fresh between Lewes and Rehoboth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 PM

1,820 posts, read 3,989,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
I thought, it would make sense to get some information together, since summer is here and 8 - 10 weeks can be suuuuuper long

a couple of suggestions:

Killens Pond State Park, Felton, Delaware

south of dover, this park offers a lot, our favorite of course is the water park with different pools, slides and water games.
prices for food are reasonable, entrance fee (last year) was only ONE dollar each !
call prior visit, sometimes they have special summer camp events - very crowded !

Pictures (http://www.wickedr.com/wrwp_002.htm - broken link) from the wicked Ranch in Wyoming/DE (west of dover)

I had NO idea, there was Rodeo in Delaware. went there last week with my childs class for a field trip - great place, also offer summer camps (daytime and overnight)

DCM Home

I love that place ! brandnew, lots of hands-on, climbing, watching, building, thinking ....
sadly they don't offer any family tickets, so it's $ 12 per person - but well spent !

More to come

The ranch is a great place to go in the Fall at Halloween also!
My daughter's class went on a field trip around Halloween and the kids loved it!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:13 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,526,909 times
My wife and I are leaving from Niagara falls Ontairo with 2 of our grandchildren for Trap Pond state park in Delaware tomorrow. We rented one of their cabins for a week and we are so looking forward to visiting your beautiful state again. I'm hoping for nice weather and not too many bugs. We have camped in Cape Henlopen state park and if trap pond is even half as nice We will be happy.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,763,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
My wife and I are leaving from Niagara falls Ontairo with 2 of our grandchildren for Trap Pond state park in Delaware tomorrow. We rented one of their cabins for a week and we are so looking forward to visiting your beautiful state again. I'm hoping for nice weather and not too many bugs. We have camped in Cape Henlopen state park and if trap pond is even half as nice We will be happy.
Trap Pond IS nice. I hope you are aware that the park and the area are worlds apart from Cape Henlopen State Park.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:00 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,526,909 times
Well we just got back from Delaware to home in Ontario. We had a great time and your state is just one beautiful place. We went to the ocean 4 of the 8 days we were there because it was sooo HOT. We didn't see one Canadian plate the whole time we were there so I really think Canadians are really ignorant of the vacation possibilities available in the region. There is really great camping here but I hate bugs and we have them ten thousand times worse than Delaware. I'm sure we will be back again to your beautiful and friendly state.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM

728 posts, read 1,596,383 times
In Northern Delaware, Augustine Beach for a quick trip.

When my three oldest were visiting from Utah last summer they loved the day trips there fishing. Parking is free and plentifull. They have picnic tables and porta-potties. I always pick up a bag of trash before I leave, if everyone was as respectfull...

I love this area, I wish others would too.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well we just got back from Delaware to home in Ontario. We had a great time and your state is just one beautiful place. We went to the ocean 4 of the 8 days we were there because it was sooo HOT. We didn't see one Canadian plate the whole time we were there so I really think Canadians are really ignorant of the vacation possibilities available in the region. There is really great camping here but I hate bugs and we have them ten thousand times worse than Delaware. I'm sure we will be back again to your beautiful and friendly state.

glad you liked it here

Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrynh View Post
Ok, not IN Delaware, but a short drive...

I took the kids to a tour of the Herr's Snack Factory in Nottingham, PA today. It was about 45 minutes from our house in Middletown. It was free, and a lot of fun. The tour guide even pulled a huge tray of chips off the line for everyone to snack on -- they were still warm! At the end they hand out free bags of chips (today it was the kettle chips) to everyone.

The kids (4 & 7) had a great time, and we grabbed lunch after in the the little cafe (which doesn't have much, BIG chicken fingers, hot dogs, corn dogs, and nachos).

Here's the link, if you're interested. You can sign up for the tour online. Herr's Snack Factory Tours

I would recommend that if you go, you wear shoes with good traction. Some areas can get a little slick from all the grease from broken potato chips on the floor.
thanks for the recommendation ! we went there last week (50 minutes from middletown, was surprised too ) and it was a fun trip.
got kettle chips too

I have friends who go there each year - well, I don't get that, BUT it is for sure worth the trip, both educational AND yummy !

Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM

41 posts, read 123,528 times
The Tri-State Mall in Claymont.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 10,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
A day at the beach at Cape Henlopen State Park.. Showering and changing in their facilities. Heading into Rehoboth and parking in the unmetered area after 5PM. Having pizza or fries while sitting on a boardwalk bench peoplewatching.
Yeah except Rehoboth is so boring and the water looks polluted as hell.....
The boardwalk is ok if you have like 2 hours to kill and are prepared to spend 1 hour of that waiting in line for the 5 rides there that are ok at best. The haunted Mansion is fun if you want another cheesy dark ride. The boardwalk is ok but nothing to go crazy about. You're better off driving a mere 2 hours to Wildwood which is fun if you don't mind the Jersey Shore crap that plagues ,this place. DE is horrible for tourism IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or