Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times

Advertisements

Okay so I have experience with getting cavities filled . I have got them filled in the past wth no pain or problems. But yesterday I got one filled and as it was being filled I could feel it in my head . I figure it was just nerves . It wasnt too painful but now a day after my brain is pounding . Like the actual brain hurts , unlike my normal headaches . It's not horrible but it's worrying because I don't know what it means. I'm scared I'm gonna go to sleep and not wake up or faint and die because of some unknown cause. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM

178 posts, read 355,485 times
i think this is because the nerve inside the tooth is may be inflammed. this can happen when the cavity and the filling is very close to the nerve inside the tooth. You should see a doctor for this . once your root canal is completed your pain will be gone.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpearl View Post
i think this is because the nerve inside the tooth is may be inflammed. this can happen when the cavity and the filling is very close to the nerve inside the tooth. You should see a doctor for this . once your root canal is completed your pain will be gone.
Or it could be a little ding to the sinus, when he got his lidocaine shot. If that's the case, then he wouldn't need a root canal at all, and just a day's worth of pain meds til the sinus heals by itself.

OP, if the pain doesn't go away by tomorrow morning, go back to the dentist's office and have them check out the source of the pain, so they know what to do about it (if anything).

Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
The brain cannot feel pain, is has no nerves that would register pain.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
I seriously doubt it's related to dental treatment.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I've had experiences where I had wierd pains in my head after dental treatments and sometimes it's gone on for weeks before going away. I don't know, always think "nerve" as well becasue I know things can swell up internally and take awhile to unswell. Use Advil or some other anti inflammatory pain releiver in the meantime. It's always worked itself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health