Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:39 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Are you on Medicaid ?? If not, why not ? Some (not all) States provide adult dental care to Medicaid recipients.
Yep. Three choices...well four really

1. Medicaid
2. Private health isnurance
3. The new ACA
4. Go completely uninsured and find yourself in dire straits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 PM

228 posts, read 362,112 times
In my "dental" first aid kit, I have the following..

Oil of Oregano ( expensive, but works and will last a very, very long time)

Colloidal Silver. ( expensive, but works and lasts a very, very, long time)

Black Tea Bags

Clove Oil

Original (yellow color) Listerine

Good luck

Barbara

Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy4 View Post
In my "dental" first aid kit, I have the following..

Oil of Oregano ( expensive, but works and will last a very, very long time)

Colloidal Silver. ( expensive, but works and lasts a very, very, long time)

Black Tea Bags

Clove Oil

Original (yellow color) Listerine

Good luck

Barbara

Mine just has bourbon.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
I agree it is messed up I had an issue during my last pregnancy I had bit into something n my tooth broke i rinsed my mouth out n all was good went to take a nap n woke up a very short time later to the right side of my face been like a balloon I went to the er they said they was goin to give me somethin to help so then nurse came in an gave me an antibiotic n went to walk away when all of a sudden I heard a slight bubblin noise n felt a huge pop in my mouth. When I had rinsed my mouth out I had apparently missed somethin n It had caused an absect form on the inside of the tooth . Then got told go home use warm compresses n tylanol . I thought I was in pain when I went in there but after was 50 times worse I couldnt see straight .

Old 07-21-2015, 03:59 AM

83 posts, read 104,479 times
Well, I think one of the easiest ways to tackle this problem is to enroll in some discount dental plans. This way you can ensure that the costs of maintaining and treating oral sanitarians are maintained. A well-known online dental insurance service provider gives an affordable as well as various discount dental plans.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:00 PM

129 posts, read 304,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat1986 View Post
I agree it is messed up I had an issue during my last pregnancy I had bit into something n my tooth broke i rinsed my mouth out n all was good went to take a nap n woke up a very short time later to the right side of my face been like a balloon I went to the er they said they was goin to give me somethin to help so then nurse came in an gave me an antibiotic n went to walk away when all of a sudden I heard a slight bubblin noise n felt a huge pop in my mouth. When I had rinsed my mouth out I had apparently missed somethin n It had caused an absect form on the inside of the tooth . Then got told go home use warm compresses n tylanol . I thought I was in pain when I went in there but after was 50 times worse I couldnt see straight .
reading that gave me a tooth ache... phew!!

Old 07-22-2015, 12:26 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCraig View Post
Well, I think one of the easiest ways to tackle this problem is to enroll in some discount dental plans. This way you can ensure that the costs of maintaining and treating oral sanitarians are maintained. A well-known online dental insurance service provider gives an affordable as well as various discount dental plans.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of dental plans have very low "caps" for the entire year of just $1000 - $2000. After that, y.o.y.o.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:28 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Here I have yet to see a dental chair in an ER hospital. ER's are not equipped to do dental work, they'll give you some aspirin and then refer you to a dentist.
It's like a motorcycle going into a Ferrari dealer for mechanical work, both are vehicles but each place is not qualified or equipped to do the others work.
The amount of dissociation between dental and medical is bizarre.....just.....bizarre.

Tell me, are teeth not part of the body??????????

Old 07-22-2015, 12:32 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Yes, I'm currently in a bad spot dental wise, but I'm also curious.

If a person's untreated dental issue develops into complications, it then becomes a medical issue, possibly life-threatening. Would an ER/hospital be obligated to treat the underlying cause? What else is somebody supposed to do if they have no insurance and no money?
It would depend on what kind of emergency, and what kind of treatment.
I mean an ER wouldn't normally be equipped to pull teeth, but they should certainly give you antibiotics.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:54 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Someone answer this for me: Why would a dentist want to work in a hospital? What is their incentive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health