U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How many of you have had oral surgery?
Yes 25 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2007, 07:49 PM

2,489 posts, read 5,495,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Thanks for the tip;
I sure could have used a faster healing, unfortunately I developed a terrible infection
hopefully I'll be getting mine around the same time; AH YES FALSE TEETH
Well let's keep one another posted.
One thing for sure those darned" teeth won't be hurting anymore
And i can eat anything "crunchy" again.............with my new ones YIPEEE
Not only that, but if you have a problem with the teeth, you can just drop them off and pick them up later!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:05 PM

2,919 posts, read 7,316,145 times
Yup, I had oral surgery last week for an upper and lower wisdom tooth that was located practically back to my ear. I'm exaggerating of course. It took me two weeks to get in to somebody and that was fast compared to the six weeks the others wanted me to wait.

I look like someone beat the crap out of me for a week and my neck is still bruised. I think they were stangling me when they had me out! Well, I just looked back there with my trusty flashlight and I can still see some white - I don't think he got the whole thing out. Need to call tomorrow for a followup and will ask for an xray to make sure.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,525,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Not only that, but if you have a problem with the teeth, you can just drop them off and pick them up later!
AHHHHHHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! ROTFLMTO

We sure can, and we don't have to worry about how many times we brush them!! So long as they are clean and sanitary...
Thanks for cracking me up!!
This was too funny!
Maybe next year we can start a "False Teeth " thread or should I say prothesis LOL

Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Yup, I had oral surgery last week for an upper and lower wisdom tooth that was located practically back to my ear. I'm exaggerating of course. It took me two weeks to get in to somebody and that was fast compared to the six weeks the others wanted me to wait.

I look like someone beat the crap out of me for a week and my neck is still bruised. I think they were stangling me when they had me out! Well, I just looked back there with my trusty flashlight and I can still see some white - I don't think he got the whole thing out. Need to call tomorrow for a followup and will ask for an xray to make sure.
I think that this is what happened to me!! LOL seriously though
They should not be so careless, especially since they charge so much ya think??
I felt like mine were still in, three days afterwards.................
You're so funny, especially when you mentioned that it felt like they were strangling you, Why do some dentist (not all) get upset after like three times of telling you to do something; i leave there feeling like a little kid sometimes!!
does anybody understand what I'm trying to explain here?
I guess that those are the bad dentists, it's almost like the last thing you want to do is make them upset or impatient'" Geesh!! you're at their mercy once they prop your mouth open and crank the chair all the way down!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
John-it will be fine-the nerves prior are probably worse than the actual surgery. I had an impacted wisdom tooth-roots wrapped around jaw bone. Funny part is-they knocked me out and next thing I know I'm being "slapped' awake and standing around me are a bunch of fireman and the surgeon-the building was on fire!!!!!!!

Surgery was finished in the back of dentist's car.

Hope your's went better!!! Remember no bending over for a while.
How Horrible!!
Nightmare......I'm glad that you made out of there alive...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:45 PM

25,205 posts, read 31,383,930 times
Now this over for me I'm wondering how they removed my teeth. Someone told me they cut the gums and slid a tool under the skin and tooth to make the tooth lossen. Do you know how they do it?

Thanks, John

Old 12-04-2007, 10:48 PM

2,919 posts, read 7,316,145 times
I think they put you out so you don't see how they do it!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Now this over for me I'm wondering how they removed my teeth. Someone told me they cut the gums and slid a tool under the skin and tooth to make the tooth lossen. Do you know how they do it?

Thanks, John
John - I'm not positive, but before they medicated me, I did look at their instrument tray and I saw a small scalpel, the needle for the local, and another thing that I can't really describe - When it was over, I did ask how he did it - he told me he did cut around the tooth and used this "nameless thing" - slid it into the area where he cut and it went deep enough to get to the root of the tooth so the whole thing came out with no problem. I had a "regular" dentist pull one of the teeth and he hadn't gotten the whole tooth - he did not use the scalpel or the "nameless thing" - he used something that looked like pliers and just pulled and the tooth fractured and part was left behind. The oral surgeon removed that as well, the same way, no problem and I don't remember hearing any of the noises that normally go along with tooth extractions by a dentist.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
AHHHHHHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! ROTFLMTO

We sure can, and we don't have to worry about how many times we brush them!! So long as they are clean and sanitary...
Thanks for cracking me up!!
This was too funny!
Maybe next year we can start a "False Teeth " thread or should I say prothesis LOL
I told my dentist that's what I'd be doing and he was shocked....what can I say, I'm demented!

Yep, next year, whoever gets their teeth first should start a thread - "False Teeth" - to heck with the prosthesis stuff - they are false teeth, so call them what they are <g>.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:23 AM

19,143 posts, read 13,970,368 times
YIKES.....The last thing I want to know is "how" the dentist did the surgery. That's why I want to be out---all the way out. It's friggin' hard enough to hear those grinders, smell that burnt tooth and have to taste it all too. I mean I'm pretty tuff but don't push it! I have been very fortunate as I had the same dentist for 30 years. He was expensive but really good. He did a great job. Now I have moved 3.000 miles away and face, for the first time in my adult life, finding another dentist. It will be hard as I had total trust in my old dentist and that's hard to get twice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health