Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:30 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,684,258 times

Advertisements

Just started this tonight, as I am currently working to rid my life of all chemicals.

It works really great, my mouth hasn't felt this clean since I left my last dentist visit. I'm going to just use EVOO cold pressed (100% legit), it's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:00 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,640,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Just started this tonight, as I am currently working to rid my life of all chemicals.

It works really great, my mouth hasn't felt this clean since I left my last dentist visit. I'm going to just use EVOO cold pressed (100% legit), it's great.
Uh oh, if you're trying to eliminate all chemicals, better ditch the EVOO. Here's what it's made from:

Olive oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(pro-tip: ALL organic matter is composed of chemicals, including food)

Old 06-26-2014, 07:23 AM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Uh oh, if you're trying to eliminate all chemicals, better ditch the EVOO. Here's what it's made from:

Olive oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(pro-tip: ALL organic matter is composed of chemicals, including food)
Naturally made compounds, some of which your own body creates. I meant artificial chemicals and toxins.

If I wouldn't put it in my body, I don't want it on my body.

Last edited by MJ7; 06-26-2014 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,584,696 times
Quote:

Don't forget the Bass toothbrushes and NPO floss. I love the 3 row staggered bristles better than my 4 row because it gets between the teeth so easily. And the black floss lets you see the amount of plague coming off your teeth but after oil pulling, the teeth are extraordinarily cleaner after brushing with little to no plague afterwards. Three great dental care products that are inexpensive and least known by the general public...so sad.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Don't forget the Bass toothbrushes and NPO floss. I love the 3 row staggered bristles better than my 4 row because it gets between the teeth so easily. And the black floss lets you see the amount of plague coming off your teeth but after oil pulling, the teeth are extraordinarily cleaner after brushing with little to no plague afterwards. Three great dental care products that are inexpensive and least known by the general public...so sad.
Good idea, I brush with a regular toothbrush dipped in sea salt water. Then I do my oil pulling for 20 mins, my teeth are becoming super white.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 PM

22,577 posts, read 24,379,858 times
Oil-pulling, yeah I guess it probably could help your oral health.

But wow, some of the tin-foil-hat'ish claims I have read on the internet and seen on TV, wow, and they put Whats-his-name back in prison for selling BS.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 AM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Oil-pulling, yeah I guess it probably could help your oral health.

But wow, some of the tin-foil-hat'ish claims I have read on the internet and seen on TV, wow, and they put Whats-his-name back in prison for selling BS.
Most dentists recommend oil pulling along with regular brushing. They say it's just a replacement for mouthwash. If you tried it for a solid few months you would be shocked as to what it can do. It cleans very well and makes your teeth white.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:56 AM

26,637 posts, read 28,452,188 times
Quote:
Most dentists recommend oil pulling along with regular brushing. They say it's just a replacement for mouthwash. If you tried it for a solid few months you would be shocked as to what it can do. It cleans very well and makes your teeth white.

I've never had a dentist recommend it and I had never heard of it except here on CD. I tried it last night though with coconut oil while I was washing the dishes. It wasn't hard to do. I wonder if some oils are supposed to be better than others (I'm skeptical of all this coconut oil hype but had some on hand because a recipe called for it.)

Old 06-27-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I've never had a dentist recommend it and I had never heard of it except here on CD. I tried it last night though with coconut oil while I was washing the dishes. It wasn't hard to do. I wonder if some oils are supposed to be better than others (I'm skeptical of all this coconut oil hype but had some on hand because a recipe called for it.)
I read up on it and they do say some are better than others but you know one size doesn't fit all. I used what I already had in my home so no extra expense for me. And I am like you, I NEVER had a dentist recommend oil pulling or the toothbrush or NPO nylon floss because my teeth are close together. I would complain to them I couldn't get the regular floss between my teeth but they had no suggesyions.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
MJ7, there are those who would shot themselves down if they could...or maybe they do. Tickuoff didn't even try it and already negating it. They don't have to do it for a month...try just a week and see and feel the difference...it's just oil you cook with so what harm could it do for them to just try it.

The technique has been around for 3000 years and the toothbrush has been around for 60 yrs developed by a doctor who did research on himself after a dentist told he needed his teeth removed because of gum disease. But he refused to and experimented on himself and saved his own teeth. Is that not enough research for people or does it have to be done by FDA 'approved" science team to be valid...come on people...THINK!

Last edited by eyewrist; 06-27-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health