Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 12,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Out of curiosity, what makes you think you got an infection the same day as your surgery? You mention pain, swelling and improvement of swelling with time, but nothing specific to an infection.
because the same night it was hurting me. And I went the next day and I was right. I know everything about my mouth and teeth and I can read my own xrays..been doing this for 2 yrs now.

it was nothing, small maybe something got in..the student probably didn't sew me up good and it was only when she put the implant in, nothing else. it was very early on.

I LOVE MY IMPLANTS. I finished them and it was so worth it and not too bad getting them, the sinus lift (and I had two of them) was nothing..i was easier than the implants itself..i know im crazy but even the teachers laugh when I say that.. I went to NYU implants dept and the professors there are EXCELLENT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
I am trying to decide on a sinus lift for an implant or just getting a partial for the very back molar. I already have a bridge back there so they would have nothing to anchor another bridge to. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why they chose one over the other? Thanks for any info, and I'm glad OP had such good results.
definitely get the implant because its better for your mouth and teeth having something in there. You wont get bone loss by having something there.
also its soooooooo much more comfortable, you can eat anything and never have to take them out to clean. You can talk good, eat good and its like your own teeth.

Trust me, its so worth it.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:31 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,755,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyemaidenGirl View Post
because the same night it was hurting me. And I went the next day and I was right. I know everything about my mouth and teeth and I can read my own xrays..been doing this for 2 yrs now.
Unless you already had an infection, it takes several days to develop a surgical infection.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Unless you already had an infection, it takes several days to develop a surgical infection.

Nope sorry dude...was not already infected .. Trust me 1000000% they would never do any work when its infected! You have to get YOUR ENTIRE MOUTH checked before any work can be done. My mouth, gums and everything else was healthy and pain free and no cavities.

its no big deal.

whatever, all I know It was infected overnight after the procedure ...and puss was there, Dr had to pop it and clean it up..and give me antibotics. I don't know how it happened but it did..whatever it was... It was so MINOR PLEASE LETS MOVE ON - lets move on - lets move on . I don't want to bring this up again.

the whole point is the IMPLANTS are great and I am sharing what I went through. I had 2 sinus lifts and got 5 implants upper back molars. I can smile and eat now and its so GREAT!

Last edited by greyeyemaidenGirl; 04-10-2016 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-10-2016, 08:18 AM

Anyone with questions, email me or send me a private message, I hate posting on these things because some of the comments with people stating things they don't know.

Thanks and good luck out there

Old 04-10-2016, 10:01 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,481,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyemaidenGirl View Post
Nope sorry dude...was not already infected .. Trust me 1000000% they would never do any work when its infected! You have to get YOUR ENTIRE MOUTH checked before any work can be done. My mouth, gums and everything else was healthy and pain free and no cavities.
I am a dental risk manager and implants are placed all the time with infection present. I deal with this daily.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:44 PM

You have to remember, I went to NYU where they have students work on you..but the teachers are GREAT.

The students DO NOT do the sinus lift, only the implant dentists since it is a delicate surgery. All the implant dentists are top notch, the best, they trained for years and if you went to them privately you would be paying soo much more. So to have them there at the school you are getting their services for way less.

Again, the sinus lift was painless and for me the easiest part of getting implants. I had 2 done at the same time then I had to wait 6 months for the bone to get hard before they started with the implants.

Do not be afraid of the sinus lift!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I am a dental risk manager and implants are placed all the time with infection present. I deal with this daily.
well, I have the healthy gums always have and always will - student messed up, I know and teachers knew it too. We had them change students. She has a loooooong way to go before she can work on anyone alone.

but trust and believe, there was no infection going in. ...It was noooooo big deal!!!!

again, NYU implant program is great and I recommend it for everyone

Old 08-21-2016, 05:34 PM

I love love love my implants.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:37 PM

I looooooooooove my implants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health