Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:16 PM

708 posts, read 823,711 times

Advertisements

Although it could be a number of things, you may have tonsil stones, if so get those stones removed and in the mean time change your diet. If you eat healthily, drink enough and give the body what it needs, you may be less likely to get that problem again. I also recommend you use bicarbonate of soda with warm water as a simple mouthwash.

If a person has tonsil stones, all of the brushing and flossing in the world won't make a difference. You can always try to check yourself to see if you have them.

Do you eat healthily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
You probably have colonized bacteria in your gut . Orally try Tri Oral 12 hour then buy Silver Sol and swallow a tablespoon bid it will kill the bacteria without toxicity of any kind ( its not colloidal silver) and although it may kill some normal flora like antibiotics always do take a probiotic by day four by day five your like new! Repeat using 10 ppm of ASAP, Silver Biotics, Silver Sol-
ution or Sovereign ( Whole Foods, Swanson Vit. , health food
or internet .

Old 12-24-2014, 12:19 AM

26 posts, read 108,163 times
Bad breath is one of the most hazardous issues, today most people are troubled with. Remember, it can be easily solved with the help of good oral habits and with a dentist. Refer the below link for more details - Bad Breath

Old 01-31-2015, 07:05 PM

4 posts, read 13,173 times
Hey hope,

I know exactly how you feel! I have tonsil stones aswell and I am so isolated. I can't afford a tonsillectomy but I am saving up to get one. I have no friends anymore and I have taken a year out of school because this issue caused me a great deal of anxiety but now I just get on with it. I have an idea to bring all the sufferers of this terrible plight together and make a change.

email me on [email]badbreathhepler@outlook.com[/email]! We will get through this somehow (I pray a lot, it really does help!)

YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooope View Post
Hello !
(First of all, I gotta say this is really difficult for me talk about that, and I also know there already are threads about tonsils stones)
I suffer from bad breath, I've been aware of this for quite a long time (at least 4 years) but I only dicovered that it came from my tonsils a few months ago.
I've always had trouble when it comes to self-confidence and all, but I must say it got a lot worse when my suspicions about having bad breath came true...I now hate myself, and despise myself, I think I'm filthy and have now lost the little self-esteem I may have had.
I decided a few months ago that I couldn't go to school anymore because I simply didn't want to subject the others to my bad breath: disguting myself is enough. My parents then sent me to see a shrink, and it turned out, to my parents' astonishment, that I was severely depressed, the skrink questionned me, and i spent hours there, but i've never been able to talk about my bad breath, I felt kinda stupid.
But then I looked on the net and realized that this trouble concerns quite a few people. Unfortunately I don't trust anyone. I don't want to talk about this with my bestfriend, and my parents already have so many troubles to deal with that they are just gonna laugh at the triviality of my own troubles. So I'm now more than ever all alone and feel more depressed than ever. At the same time I'm still fighting and try to have the opportunity to have free-bad-breath-life.
I'm 16 and I don't know who to turn to, I'm lost and have dark thoughts, but at the same time I have hope to be able to get pass that, otherwise I wouldn't be posting a message. I know I can do this, I've had accutane, and am now able to live with a depressive mother, and depressive brothers. However I know that this is my last resort, I do not want to go on living if I can't get rid of my tonsils.(Like the shrink told me, "living without speaking to others is not life, Life means going out not staying alone")

I've always felt like I could handle everything on my own, because I want to be strong, but i now realized that has gotten me nowhere and i'm here to say: I need your advice ! Who would you turn to? What would you do? Would it be possible to remove my tonsils? (I'm so lost )

Thanks by advance !

Ps: Sorry for my english, I'm just learning this langage and felt it was a lot easier to confide in you in an other langage than my native one (it hurts a bit less in english, perhaps because the same way I tend to be ruder in english, I'm not entirely aware of what I'm saying )
Ps 2: I don't know if i can post this here, sorry (depression goes into "mental health" so...)

Old 01-31-2015, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 13,173 times
head over to [url]https://badbreathhelper.wordpress.com[/url].

We are building a community of people who are suffering from halitosis.

We're here for you x

Old 01-31-2015, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 8,957 times
Hey there hoooope! Your thread on bad breath caught my attention. I'm a dental assistant/pre-dental school student and was a dental hygienist in the past. There are various sources that can help to identify the cause of bad breath, aka halitosis. The most common one that comes to anyone's mind when suffering from a true diagnosis of halitosis is their teeth/tongue/tonsils, the basic oral area. Flossing, and brushing your teeth and tongue, twice a day can help as long as you don't have periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is seen when you've gone beyond gingivitis and have experienced increased bone loss/gum disease. No amount of brushing and flossing helps if this is your case because the toothbrush bristle has been studied to penetrate around 3-4 millimeters at the gumline. People with periodontal disease having what's known as pocket depths beyond 4mm (I've seen some with 12mm pockets) cannot reach the bacteria that builds up under their gums. You're pretty young, but it's not unheard of for someone your age to battle this disease. It's just not common, but there are a lot of systemic health factors that can contribute to periodontal disease- diabetes being one. Cavities can be another source of odor in the mouth. Getting a thorough exam with your dentist can help to narrow down any suspicions you may have.

Now, if it's not your tongue and teeth and the supporting structures of the teeth, and you believe that the cause may be your tonsils, that is not treatment done through a dental office. A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure done by an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor. I had my tonsillectomy done when I was 23 because I experienced chronic strep throat. You had asked if it would be possible to remove your tonsils. The short answer is yes, but be warned that if your tonsils are not the source of your halitosis then you'll have gone through a surgical procedure and an awful recovery experience where even swallowing your own saliva comes with pain.

Look into your diet. What you eat can contribute to odor. I'm half Asian, and could always tell when my mother was cooking anything with garlic and/or onions in it because she would carry the odor of those foods with her. I would notice the smell on her clothes, hair and her breath.

Smoking, of course, can lead to bad breath but I do hope that you are not a smoker at any age.

Believe it or not, stress can contribute to bad breath. Stress affects the production of saliva in the mouth. With dry mouth, there is an increase in bacteria. Those that commonly experience dry mouth tend to be those of the elderly population that take numerous medications. There are a lot of meds that list in their section of known side effects "xerostomia", aka dry mouth. With stress or medications that lead to dry mouth, the downhill domino effect is that sufferers tend to want to ingest the types of foods that will assist in moistening their mouth and help to increase saliva production. The first choice tends to be sugary drinks and candies, which of course assists the downhill domino effect even further into tooth decay and/or gum disease and possibly towards diabetes. With diabetes, it is a hundred times more difficult to combat any of these problems due to the body's slower healing nature which is associated with that disorder.

My advice to you is to try to narrow down the source starting with the cheapest method. Look into your diet. If the source of your problems does not lie there, then visit your dentist and discuss your concerns. Have a periodontal exam done and xrays taken to narrow down the possibilities of periodontal disease and/or tooth decay. If you still need to go further to identify the source of bad breath, then visit your physician. He may refer you to an ENT to evaluate you for a tonsillectomy. Otherwise, he may need to run a series of tests or review any meds or supplements or vitamins you are taking to break things down even further. I read stomach problems in one of the posts. The stomach being a source of bad breath is usually experienced when you burp and not commonly associated with halitosis, but it isn't completely unheard of. Just a rare condition.

I do hope that this helps. I'm not an expert, but felt that I could at least help share my knowledge and experience with you. Being a teenager, social anxiety and wanting to fit in are usually high on the priority list. No one wants to be known for bad breath or any other issue. Do try to evaluate your life and understand that things could always be worse. You could have recently lost your dad to cancer 2 years after having gone through a divorce to a spouse who was unfaithful, and be trying to work full time to support your two children because your ex-husband isn't paying child support. All of this in the middle of being forty years old and trying to finish your education in order to fulfill a passion in becoming a dentist one day. You have problems. I have problems. I don't know anyone who doesn't have one problem or another. Although we all face different situations in various degrees of difficulty, it's not the problems you should focus on because doing so only leads to depression. Instead, formulate a plan of attack. Once you have a plan, you have a different source of focus from the one that leads to emotional turmoil. Not all plans succeed either. I was married for 16 years and planned to be married forever and have my children with him after I finished college. I never planned on him having three affairs, nor did I plan on what I should do if anything happened. New challenges happen all the time. If you can learn to defeat what brings you down, you'll become a stronger person both emotionally and mentally. I wish you the best!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:16 PM

11 posts, read 31,680 times
Ohhh thanks for all your answers ! I didn't notice there was a 2nd page for the comments... I'll read all your answers soon !

Old 02-03-2015, 01:29 AM

19 posts, read 34,007 times
Try to see a dentist.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
OP: I applaud you for reaching out to get answers!

Bad breath is a symptom of either dental issues; digestive issues; eating the wrong foods, etc. I agree with the other posters that you need to start seeing professionals to discover the problem before you can find the cure.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:30 AM

11 posts, read 31,680 times
First of all thank you a lot for all your answers !

QuestionOfTruth: getting the stones removed isn't helping: they're coming back :/
Yes I eat healthily, at least I think I do

BadBreathHelper: Thanks a lot

Matt50: I will, but I think tonsillectomy is the only solution :/

katie45: Like I said it was difficult to write this message I'll do that, I just have a few months to wait !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health