Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 03:43 AM

11 posts, read 31,655 times

Advertisements

msolomon : I'm quite sure my tonsils are the trouble yes. I try to eat healthily, and i don't smoke either.
I understand that there are far worse things in life than that, but it prevents me doing a lot of things, mostly because it was the root of depression for me.
Thanks a lot, you helped me a lot, but I feel like going to see either a dentist or an ENT is going to be difficult, I don't quite accept the situation, I guess being a girl and 17 doesn't help :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 03:51 AM

msolomon : I'm quite sure my tonsils are the trouble yes. I try to eat healthily, and i don't smoke either.
I understand that there are far worse things in life than that, but it prevents me doing a lot of things, mostly because it was the root of depression for me.
Thanks a lot, you helped me a lot, but I feel like going to see either a dentist or an ENT is going to be difficult, I don't quite accept the situation, I guess being a girl and 17 doesn't help :/

Old 02-21-2015, 05:39 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
It could also be your sinuses. Sometimes mucus can form and just sit there, and you not even realize it. And yes, it does stink. I recommend buying a Neti pot, use it every morning and see if things improve.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:54 PM

685 posts, read 720,190 times
Hey, hoooope: Stress will cause stomach acids to act up and give you bad breath. You're obviously stressing out a bunch. Everyone here has great suggestions. I'm glad there's a DH (good job) here who went through a variety of causes. I just hope you take some of the suggestions and follow through with them.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:33 PM

74 posts, read 98,709 times
Try oil pulling with coconut oil for 20 minutes first thing in the am. I swear by it! It costs about $7 (virgin coconut oil). It can't hurt to try it.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:13 AM

southernnaturelover: Oh, okay, thanks for your answer But I am quite sure my tonsils are the trouble

PeaceOut001: I will, I just need a bit of time, i'll wait till I'm 18

sunshine809: I must admit it sounds weird, and I'm ready to use salt/baking soda or whatever, but unfortunately not oil x)

Thank you all for your answers

I have a question: how can you clean your tongue effectively?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Default Recently Cured

I have been suffering with bad breath since 2009. Had many tests done but just like everybody else they all came back negative. I had sinus tests, sulfur tests, GI tests, dental X-rays - just to name a few. I stopped eating sugar, gluten, brushed and flossed regularly. I have a clean bill of health. I even went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled because of it. This was not the cure.

Finally, I got dental insurance because of new job and decided to go back to another dentist for a comprehensive exam after which the dentis it was best to get a bridge to fill in the gap. This required him to file down two of the adjacent teeth in preparation for the crowns to be put over them.

One of these two teeth already had a crown on it from a pulp cap I had done in 2009. When the dentist removed the old crown from my teeth, I immediately started tasting something that I could imagine smelled like feces and putrid garbage. The smell was foul. The doctor told me that I had a massive cavity on the tooth under my crown, the smell of which was escaping as I talked, breathed deeply, had my mouth closed, etc. X-rays do not pick these types of cavities up.

The bad smell and taste was gone almost immediately. I have two temporary crowns on while I wait for my permanent crowns to come back. I went to work the next day and for the first time, nobody held their breath or stood far away to talk to me.

I have been looking for a forum to share this with other people who also suffer from bad breath of unknown origin. If you can afford it, talk to your dentist about having your crowns replaced. This insurance has been a godsend.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 7,383 times
Ppl that don't have BB can not relate. I understand . I too have those thoughts all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health