Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,079 times

Advertisements

Hello there,
My DD had braces when she was 12 years old, but removed it before completing the treatment as she was not comfortable with it. Now she is in her 20s and we noticed her teeth are protruding and there is gap between teeth. My hubby says getting invisible invisalign may help her and we have booked an appointment with a dentist in Margolian Dentistry in Whitby. She is asked to consult the dentist on Monday as they need bite impression of her teeth. Before consulting, I would like to know more about invisalign braces. Do you think it will fix the problem? Is it really comfortable? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 08:23 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
As a dental risk manager, I have a few thoughts...

First, for ANY orthotics I strongly recommend an orthodontist only. A lot of general dentists do Invisalign, but they are not orthodontists and this is a true specialty issue.

Second, find an orthodontist who does Invisalign (many don't) as they understand it better.

Third, make sure you let the orthodontist know about the previous brace treatment as when braces of any kind are used a second time the chance for root resorption becomes stronger and more rapid and teeth can be lost or compromised.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:17 AM

27 posts, read 78,895 times
Default In

Yes invisalign better for rather than fixing metal braces. Metal braces may damage your teeth in some places that is not done in invisalign because of that material is very soft and comfortable for teeth.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:10 AM

629 posts, read 932,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesatgalleria View Post
Yes invisalign better for rather than fixing metal braces. Metal braces may damage your teeth in some places that is not done in invisalign because of that material is very soft and comfortable for teeth.
I'm not quite sure I completely understand this statement since it appears English is not your first language, but there is so much false information here it is scary. The OP should have an examination by an orthodontist to determine which type of braces would be best suited for their case, rather than asking strangers on the internet.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:19 PM

252 posts, read 358,765 times
I have braces on my bottom teeth and got clear aligners (a system called Simpli5..similar to Invisalign but only 5 trays) on top.. As an adult I didn't want braces on top. If I were to do it again - I would get braces on top too. The aligner is a PITA.. in , out, in ,out every time I want to eat, brush. Don't forget it, don't lose it.. It feels gross waking up with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health