Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 10:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,750 times

Advertisements

I was told one of them has to be removed due to a cavity so what happens if I don't remove it? And why in the world isn't there a freaking implant for this? I hate looking toothless like a bum. And how much will it affect when I am eating??? And most importantly is this going to miss work the next day or prevent me from doing other activities?

Last edited by Ornsun; 05-13-2016 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 04:24 AM

5 posts, read 3,987 times
If you don't remove your tooth which has cavity then it will get spread to other teeth and it will be more difficult to cure.
No one is going to see your wisdom teeth so don't bother about it. Here is a blog which explains about wisdom teeth, just go through it 5 Things To Know About Your Wisdom Teeth | Sierra Dental

Old 06-01-2016, 07:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornsun View Post
I was told one of them has to be removed due to a cavity so what happens if I don't remove it?

Depending on where the cavity is perhaps it can be filled or perhaps not. If it can't be, then over time the tooth will ache and probably become infected. In extreme cases (I see about 5 per year) you could be hospitalized or die from the infection.

Quote:
And why in the world isn't there a freaking implant for this?

It's too far back in the mouth. Besides, you chew effectively on your 1st & 2nd molars. Count your blessings you don't have to shell out the money for one.

Quote:
I hate looking toothless like a bum.

A joke, right? That tooth is so far back no one could possibly notice.

Quote:
And most importantly is this going to miss work the next day or prevent me from doing other activities?

Probably. Life's a *****, huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health