Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,585 times

Advertisements

Dentist says I don't have a cavity but I've looked inside my mouth because it hurts so much, it's looks like there's black spot inside my tooth and it is horribly painful. I can't even touch it or eat, just closing my mouth and letting my teeth touch is awful. When I saw my dentist she touched the tooth in question and it was very painful and I told her so (I also visibly jumped at the pain) but she said there's no cavity so I better just floss more and take Tylenol cause there's nothing wrong. I'm in pain so something isn't right, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 12:11 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,551,673 times
Why not another dentist, 2nd or 3rd opinion.

I have a molar that is broken and has been for over 10 yrs....a couple dentists wanted to remove it and do all kinds of hefty pricey dental work and I didn't do it. Money is tight for me for starters.

I keep my mouth healthy with myrrh tincture drops, oil of oregano drops (use a little as it's very strong) and brush with coconut oil toothpaste for some yrs now. Grape seed extract keeps my gums healthy for 22 yrs now.

Hope you find a solution, being in pain and being told nothing is wrong, doesn't make sense to me...the above drops could help you.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,585 times
Currently don't have insurance or money to see multiple dentists, hoping I can figure something out to help in the meantime. I'll definitely try the drops and see what happens.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,551,673 times
I have a friend and she too has money issues and in spite of so much dental work over many years, has pain issues and finds myrrh helps her.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:42 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,943,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza55 View Post
When I saw my dentist she touched the tooth in question and it was very painful and I told her so (I also visibly jumped at the pain) but she said there's no cavity so I better just floss more and take Tylenol cause there's nothing wrong.
Are you sure that was a dentist you saw? Because that doesn't sound like a dentist, unless you haven't told us about the actual exam...

Was an x-ray taken? Was there mention of a possible crack in the tooth? Do you have periodontal disease? Is there gum recession around the tooth? Is there an old filling in the tooth? Is there sensitivity to hot/cold?

Old 04-23-2017, 12:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,469,124 times
Quote:
Dentist says I don't have a cavity but I've looked inside my mouth because it hurts so much, it's looks like there's black spot inside my tooth and it is horribly painful. I can't even touch it or eat, just closing my mouth and letting my teeth touch is awful. When I saw my dentist she touched the tooth in question and it was very painful and I told her so (I also visibly jumped at the pain) but she said there's no cavity so I better just floss more and take Tylenol cause there's nothing wrong. I'm in pain so something isn't right, right?
She's telling that you it's your gums. That's why she's telling you to floss which will massage the gums. If visual inspection indicated cavities, she would've asked to take x-rays.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:46 PM

14,799 posts, read 11,938,114 times
Quote:
I can't imagine a dentist just dismissing dental pain like that. Did the dentist x-ray the tooth to see if there was reason for the pain that wasn't apparent on the surface of the tooth?. Is it possible that the tooth is very sensitive to heat/cold and maybe pressure because the enamel is worn down and the nerve is closer to the surface than it used to be? If that's the case brushing with toothpaste intended for sensitive teeth might help with that pain. Some of the other things recommended by other posters cohld help too. But in your shoes I'd keep looking for a source for that pain.

I understand about money being tight, dentists being pricey (and some dentists not so great), I don't have dental insurance either, but maybe you can find another dentist (ask for for recommendations from your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers) who will not dismiss your pain, and will offer payment plans for any dental work.

Good luck, I know dental pain is miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health