U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 07:08 PM

222 posts, read 91,767 times

Advertisements

Hello

I was told seven mm of tooth needed to be graphed under a tooth that had a root canal and is gonna be taken out causing pain inflammation. Side molar.

1. Does an oral surgeon need to do this or just dentist.

2. I am getting second opinion but first dentist wanted to use artificial or other human bone graph.

What is best ?

Should I use own bone ?

3. How do I know I actually need bone graph would my other teeth next to where bone is missing fall out after time?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 04:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
27,516 posts, read 48,585,190 times
I have had them done by my dentist twice, one by an oral surgeon. It depend on the complexity of the extraction, because it’s been done at the same time to fill the void in preparation for an implant. Mine were all done using the graft material from cows. If the hole from the extraction is left, without a graft, you cannot have an implant. If you intend to leave the empty space and just live with it, the hole can cause the other teeth around it to migrate, according to my dentist. For me the implants were well worth the cost, about $4,000 each.
Most dentists do not encourage something not needed just to make money off of you, they are not like auto mechanics. I would listen to their advice and decide what’s best for you based on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or