Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM

197 posts, read 377,235 times

Advertisements

anyone try this, i just stumbled upon it and did some looking around, apparently its really great and works really well. Anyone try this?

True teeth care - re-enamalize naturally | 100777.com
Brushing teeth with bar soap, tastes bad but works well...
Google Answers: OVER SENSITIVE MOUTH

Tooth Soap for Healthy Teeth and Gums

On a side note... there is very large amount of evidence that fluoride only does harm and it makes sense to me.. so i figured it wasn't put into tooth paste anymore.... nope... (read the label on my toothpaste... and half the information is talking up how it does great things...) note to self, read ingredients on consumables..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,685,112 times
Soap tastes so horrible I would never get it in my mouth deliberately! I use table salt. As a result I'm the only patient on my dentist's caseload with zero gingivitis, even though I have a health concern that is supposed to cause my teeth to rot and my gums to give way years ahead of schedule. I've also never had a cavity.

But let me add, based on my primitive knowledge of chemistry, soap would be really boss for reversing the normally over-acid conditions in the average mouth.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,694,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansen View Post
anyone try this, i just stumbled upon it and did some looking around, apparently its really great and works really well. Anyone try this?

True teeth care - re-enamalize naturally | 100777.com
Brushing teeth with bar soap, tastes bad but works well...
Google Answers: OVER SENSITIVE MOUTH

Tooth Soap for Healthy Teeth and Gums

On a side note... there is very large amount of evidence that fluoride only does harm and it makes sense to me.. so i figured it wasn't put into tooth paste anymore.... nope... (read the label on my toothpaste... and half the information is talking up how it does great things...) note to self, read ingredients on consumables..
Go to any health food store and find really good toothpastes that are fluoride free.
And Tom's Toothpaste is sold in the markets and drug stores and many of their pastes don't have fluoride.
Brushing teeth with soap sounds just awful .... maybe it's because i still remember clearly getting a bar of it rammed into my mouth by my mother after i called her a b****.
Well, she kind of proved my point.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,670,140 times
I can understand shying away from flouridated water, but I need more compelling evidence to abandon flouridated toothpaste. Particularly if it means adopting the practice of brushing my teeth with soap.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 PM

197 posts, read 377,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Soap tastes so horrible I would never get it in my mouth deliberately! I use table salt. As a result I'm the only patient on my dentist's caseload with zero gingivitis, even though I have a health concern that is supposed to cause my teeth to rot and my gums to give way years ahead of schedule. I've also never had a cavity.
Hmm, i'll have to keep that in mind, thanks for the tip

Quote:
But let me add, based on my primitive knowledge of chemistry, soap would be really boss for reversing the normally over-acid conditions in the average mouth.
From what i understand so far, this is the main reason why brushing your teeth with soap is such a good idea. The only thing able to break down the enamel on teeth is acid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Go to any health food store and find really good toothpastes that are fluoride free.
And Tom's Toothpaste is sold in the markets and drug stores and many of their pastes don't have fluoride.
Brushing teeth with soap sounds just awful .... maybe it's because i still remember clearly getting a bar of it rammed into my mouth by my mother after i called her a b****.
Well, she kind of proved my point.
yes, i hear good things about toms and lol.

Just brushed teeth with soap tonight, and i honestly don't have a bad taste in my mouth, and brushing wasn't bad ether. So, i think i'm going to try this for awhile and see how it works out.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 AM

1 posts, read 18,474 times
Brush my teeth with soap about once every 2 weeks to get them really clean. Every time after I brush with soap it feels like I just left the dentist's office. I do this because it is the only way my teeth feel super clean. I do not have bad breath since doing this and it seems my mild gingivitis has reversed. The only reason I haven't been solely using soap is because I was unsure of how "safe" using soap was. I didn't know if it might be too abrasive, like baking soda or whatever agents one can use. The more research I do, the more it seems plain white soap is the single Best idea for brushing one's teeth, and the more it looks like using regular toothpastes is a very Bad idea, even to the point of them being a scam. Think about it - if the fact that all one needed to clean one's teeth was plain soap, the entire toothpaste industry would be virtually out of business. I mean, why is it that the more I flossed, brushed with fluoride toothpastes, went to the dentist, the more cavities and gingivitis I got?!???

Last edited by bluestarr78; 12-01-2010 at 02:20 AM..

Old 12-01-2010, 03:32 AM

137 posts, read 311,363 times
Not tried this.I think use salt should be better!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,142,900 times
Yuck.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 AM

214 posts, read 703,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Yuck.

Well said..

Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 AM

914 posts, read 4,433,656 times
Quote:
How do you do this? Do you rub it around on your teeth with your fingers, or put it on your toothbrush or what? I'd like to try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health