U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM

299 posts, read 629,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I tend to take posts literally. Most people say they would like a suburban setting, but not necessarily mean suburbs.

I find the city of Denver to be very suburban outside of the downtown area.

So a person who has no knowledge of Denver might say they prefer a suburban setting and find what they want and need within the city limits.
I see what you are saying, but if someone is truly looking for a suburb with the ordinary interpretaion of the word 'suburb' I don't think that Wash Park, Capitol Hill, Highlands, Berkeley or Sloans Lake really fit that bill.

They aren't areas with big buildings like a downtown, but they are typical residential areas within a city. In my view, the city areas of Denver are so much nicer than the suburbs, with more interesting and varied houses and a generally nicer appearance - but to each his own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM

150 posts, read 329,348 times
I may have to do the rental thing as I'm heading out before my wife, given the number of places to live it's good to have it narrowed down at least.

I also have the option of temporarily living out of an RV, which is my uncle's, in order to cut down immediate costs and to avoid signing a lease I may not want.

Urban suburban, is that a category? haha. I wouldn't mind some of those areas, judging by the houses I've viewed, my wife tends to lean towards newer construction. An updated and relatively convenient interior would be something I think she would go for though.

Dogs are our kids now, so dog safe would be good to. Eventually it'll need to be kid safe, schools, etc, but who knows where'll we'll want to live by that point.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:02 PM

3,605 posts, read 5,042,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I tend to take posts literally. Most people say they would like a suburban setting, but not necessarily mean suburbs.

I find the city of Denver to be very suburban outside of the downtown area.

So a person who has no knowledge of Denver might say they prefer a suburban setting and find what they want and need within the city limits.

Okay. I understand and agree.

I'm not sure I think of Capitol Hill as suburban, though. In fact, I don't think of it as suburban at all. The others, I can understand.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:07 PM

3,605 posts, read 5,042,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
I may have to do the rental thing as I'm heading out before my wife, given the number of places to live it's good to have it narrowed down at least.

I also have the option of temporarily living out of an RV, which is my uncle's, in order to cut down immediate costs and to avoid signing a lease I may not want.

Urban suburban, is that a category? haha. I wouldn't mind some of those areas, judging by the houses I've viewed, my wife tends to lean towards newer construction. An updated and relatively convenient interior would be something I think she would go for though.

Dogs are our kids now, so dog safe would be good to. Eventually it'll need to be kid safe, schools, etc, but who knows where'll we'll want to live by that point.
I would think that much of the Denver area is pretty dog friendly, unless they're pit bulls. In Washington Park for example, you see dogs all over the place (on leashes with owners), especially during the Furry Scurry event each May.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:30 PM

15 posts, read 26,250 times
Quote:
They are selling some homes near your range and size range within a couple of blocks of the Stapleton dog park. New construction so that first the bill for the wife too. The park is off of Spruce just north of Montview or 20th ave east of downtown.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:34 PM

35 posts, read 91,717 times
cherry creek could be a good bet for now. urban amenities with a neighborhood feel. plenty of shopping, bars, dogs, etc. close to downtown. also seems to be a blend of DINK's (Dual Income No Kids) and families. not sure about the prices tho. not my forte.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:37 AM

15 posts, read 26,250 times
Quote:
not sure about the prices tho. not my forte.
You won't find an undeveloped lot in the price range he is listing in that area. Besides it is no more suburban and maybe more urban than some of the contested places previously mentioned like Washington Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or